Community

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
im still trying to figure out why Chevy was in every episode except for 1 (that I can recall). I thought he left after like 5 of them?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im still trying to figure out why Chevy was in every episode except for 1 (that I can recall). I thought he left after like 5 of them?
Eye posted earlier that when McHale was on Stern he mentioned Chevy was around to film every episode. Guessing he just wasn't there for reshoots .

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vulture is saying it's renewed, they're just hashing out how many episodes at this point.

That's.....news....that is...reported.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Chevy wasn't in the Christmas party and secret origins episodes; they got him to come back and record his lines for the puppet episode, though he didn't appear on camera.

NBC is down to deciding between just New Normal and Community as insurance shows; it wouldn't shock me at all if Community comes back. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Baraz_sl

shitlord
I'm personally happy about it. Is it S1/2 community? No. Still enjoy watching the characters though, and I'll take me another season of Alison Brie.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I thought it was pretty decent, though I had no idea they were ending the season on 13 episodes, so I was a bit surprised at the direction it went in. Although it suffered a bit from the excess 'wackiness' of S3/4, I still got a lot of laughs out of it.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder how much of that is "Hey, we realize the show isn't as good without you!" and how much of it is "We were wrong to choose Chevy over you!"

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I wonder how much of that is "Hey, we realize the show isn't as good without you!" and how much of it is "We were wrong to choose Chevy over you!"
Can't it be both?

Harmon is fucking crazy though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Dan Harmon has been re-hired as the show runner for Season 5. Turns out NBC, much like most of the viewing audience, weren't fans of what the "new" show runners did for Season 4. It didn't have the same taste as Season's 1-3.

Anyway, Just thought I would post this here for anyone that cares. I love Community!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Damn, I thought this was the last season. hope they replace chevy with that guy who played him in the abedtv episode (and who's name I can't remember)

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Donald Glover Will Spend Less Time on Community Next Season

Back in June, we told you that Donald Glover was looking to spend less time at Greendale and more time with Childish Gambino. Well, now it appears to really be happening: Vulture has learned that the actor's reps and Community producer Sony Pictures Television have worked out a new agreement that will seeGlover appearing as Troy Barnes in just five of the show's upcoming thirteen episodes, according to sources familiar with the matter. The studio probably could have insisted on Glover committing to all thirteen half-hour episodes (or more, if NBC ordered them), but as often happens in Hollywood, both camps found a way to compromise. Glover will now be able to focus more on his music, while Sony will save some money since it won't have to pay Glover for every episode. (Of course, once and future showrunner Dan Harmon might find a way to spend that extra coin. Maybe a 3-D episode?) Reps for Sony and Glover couldn't immediately be reached for comment, while reps for Abed Nadir were doing all they could to keep the news from him.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't one of the last things Harmon-ity did was move Troy into the air conditioner repair school? While the other guys didn't do anything with the concept (or even mention it?), Harmon could just write off Glover's availability as him off being AC Messiah again.

Honestly, I feel bad for Alison Brie, if anyone. It looks like she's been written out of Mad Men - but it's not like she wouldn't have time to do both next year.