Company of Heroes 3

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I played coh 1 to the point of being top 50 wehrmacht for a short time. Didn't care for most of 2, too spammy, loose units quickly with just way too sloppy big lost of units and special units that took away from the fairly tight rock paper scissors and preservation of the first.

Played a few different beta stages, nice to see some of the vehicles in action, but pretty much ran away from this as well.

Doesn't help making balancing even harder with a ton of combinations of doctrines/ General type etc which will have dlc additions it looks like.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My friends and I have a couple hundred hours in the prior game just playing AI skirmishes co-op, fortunately a lot of the issues the reviewers have is with the campaigns.

In betas the vehicles felt a bit weaker than 2, looking forward to digging into this over the next few days.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Whelp, it's been almost half a year. Has this gotten any better? I only ever play skirmish versus AI. Any reason to pick this up when I'm already playing #2?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It's getting played less and less in my group (just a game or two every other week or so).

It feels kinda abandoned. Relic had layoffs, they launched their cosmetic store and the value is awful and the things you'd want only cost money and there are things that feel incomplete:

Where are avatars and player banners? Pre-orders got their own and then nothing since. These should exist and be unlocking all over the place for things.
Where are alternative commanders / trees? There should have been alternatives other than the standard initial set at launch, and there's nothing.

Adding insult to injury, mods were letting people complete the daily quests for mtx currency, so you can't use even the QOL mods like camera zoom if you want credit towards them.

It still feels like an incomplete game. And I say that as someone w/ over 46 hours co-op with friends vs CPU played so far.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I kinda called this was dogshit. they've had a long string of failures now. dow3 etc. Heck I think coh2 was kinda shit though I know it was popular enough. I preferred coh1 and 1v1 competitive pre British expansion.

coh2 like 3 I feel like has just way too many special units or variations of abilities from 20 doctrines that made much redundant or hard to balance for all situations.

but your average normal just wants a 4v4 blood bath with artillery and not really looking for a more techincal precise match.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Actually some signs of life since I last posted. We'll see what comes of it, apparently going to go to a biweekly communication schedule as they work on a couple of updates coming over the next month or so.

1685479424195.png

Some of these things should have been like week 1 tweaks though, like player colors, names on units and zoom distance. It's taken them more than 4 months to get to those things by the time this comes out.