Compression wear

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
So I've gotten the all clear from doctors and have started training again with a lot of cardio work at this stage and started to wonder about the benefits of compression wear like the Under Armour leggings and shirts. Anyone got any experience with that sort of thing and feedback on it, if it's useful in any way or just more fad/placebo equipment.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Compression clothing is excellent because it prevents injury. I always recommend it to people who always do weight bearing exercises -- their legs.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_91062.jpg

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Compression clothing is excellent because it prevents injury. I always recommend it to people who always do weight bearing exercises -- their legs.
Well my legs are always bearing too much weight so that good to hear, and will be restarting weights next week so seems like might as well grab some.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I use one of those Shock Doctor braces when I go for long runs, and though it's probably at least 50% placebo, it does seem to help. I do a more-than-average amount of cardio (8-10 hours a week) and I'm primary a mountain biker, but I cross train all year so my knees take a beating.

YMMV, but they're under $20 on Amazon and worth the gamble to see if you think they help. Some people swear by them, some think they're nonsense but my experience has been largely positive.