could it work eq +ds?

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Was just thinking, what if we took the eq lore and world and changed the combat to a darksouls style .

Would it be possible and if so would you play it.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
I get it , everything is like dark souls but still could you imagine changing the combat in eq so that warriors are in fact warriors, and summoners actually will have to run behind the summons while being attacked.

Eh maybe just wishfull thinking.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It wouldn't work IMO. Dark Souls combat is good for a single player game but would be terrible as an MMORPG.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
i thoguht this thread was gonna be about putting everquest on the nintendo ds because that seems plausible and cool

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I think my issue is that people default to saying "Game XYZ but like Dark Souls" when really they mean one of a few things:

1. They may want it difficult

2. They may want a gritty, dark style

3. They want severe consequences for their actions

4. I guess maybe they want the combat system? But I think this is the least likely.

Dark Souls/Demons Souls proved that not every game needs to be super casual and user friendly to succeed which I think is fucking great. But now it's this thing where people default to expressing that by saying "it's like this meets Dark Souls."

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The entire point of Dark Souls is to play a game that kicks you in the nuts and calls you a faggot. That's not really something that works as a side feature of another game

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The difficulty of Dark Souls is not what appeals to me. What appeals to me is the environments, combat, different enemy types, and especially, the massive selections of weapons and armor.

Never once playing DS1 did I think, "Wow, I'm having so much fun having my asshole reamed by Ornstein and Smough." I summomed for that shit and never looked back.

vulken3_sl

shitlord
Honestly the only other thing i could come close to in terms of the gameplay i liked would be Dragons Dogma.

However i see and feel the love for open conversations about thing's on these forum's so i will simply let go at that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Honestly the only other thing i could come close to in terms of the gameplay i liked would be Dragons Dogma.

However i see and feel the love for open conversations about thing's on these forum's so i will simply let go at that.
We usually discuss actual MMOs that exist or are at least in development. This sounds like an idea a stoner had that he thought was totally rad and revolutionary and had to share

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Replacing some of the sounds of the undead or skeletons in Dark Souls with the ones from Everquest would be pretty funny at least.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
We usually discuss actual MMOs that exist or are at least in development. This sounds like an idea a stoner had that he thought was totally rad and revolutionary and had to share
And it's been discussed a ton. The general consensus seems to be; cool idea, someone should try it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think it would be pretty awesome. Have solo content and also 6 man "raid" content. Guild "covenant" perks, etc.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
We have a drunk thread. We also need a stoner thread. Where deep shit like this is discussed hand in hand with whether or not a sausage on a stick, wrapped in a chocolate chip pancake is a good breakfast or a great breakfast. Then the Hot Pocket crowd can have their say too.