Cracow Monsters

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Cracow Monsters

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2022-03-18

Creator: Kasia Adamik

Cast: Barbara Liberek, Maja Chan, Nina Tarczyńska, Jakub Rędziak, Ewelina Żak, Andrzej Chyra, Małgorzata Bela, Stanisław Linowski, Mateusz Górski, Kaja Chan, Daniel Namiotko, Staszek Cywka, Anna Paliga, Eryk Pratsko, Małgorzata Rożniatowska, Małgorzata Gorol, Julia Wyszyńska, Magdalena Koleśnik

Overview: A young woman haunted by her past joins a mysterious professor and his group of gifted students who investigate paranormal activity — and fight demons.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm about halfway through this. Not great, not terrible, probably deserves a 2nd season more than many Netflix shows.

The premise -there is a group that hunts evil (demons) in Poland.

The good-Most of the creatures, so far, are taken from Polish/Slavic mythology so it can be kinda interesting. The special effects range from not great to really good. The storyline is fine. I actually really liked how a lot of the scenes are shot but it runs into the too much brown problem eventually.

Not so good- There are just too many characters for a Buffy episode, which is what this is basically. Buffy set in Poland. The scooby gang has 9 main people, each with a special ability. They range in looks from female Marilyn Manson to Uglier Meg Ryan (the main main character). Yes to nudity, but it's not really titillating. The story is coherent but never finds it's style or pace. It's the issue with too many characters.

The bad- The plot is slow and the dialogue is pretty basic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far the show is not to bad. It has a nice pacing to it as it attempts to build suspense. Unlike Buffy the humor is pretty limited. Given the story there would not be all that much to be funny about. The setting remains pretty bleak and dark. I actually like the all the actors look like most regular people. Nobody is stunning. It does have its WTF moments which keeps the show lively enough. I will finish this.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm almost done now and the tone gets darker as it moves along, that's a good thing. It's differentiating itself. Santa was a nice touch. I'm not sure how I feel about the glowing character, feels a little too deus ex.

Rime

<Donor>
I really, really wanted to like this, but I did not make it through the first episode.

Maybe I will try it again at a later date, but I disliked every character and the CGI was rough.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm almost done now and the tone gets darker as it moves along, that's a good thing. It's differentiating itself. Santa was a nice touch. I'm not sure how I feel about the glowing character, feels a little too deus ex.
I will watch more of this today. I am hoping the show explains out the glowing character. I would think its a variant on an Angel but it certainly does not look like one.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I will watch more of this today. I am hoping the show explains out the glowing character. I would think its a variant on an Angel but it certainly does not look like one.
It does and it isn't exactly satisfying but it makes some sense? I still think this deserves a second season. It could find legs but I agree with Rime to some degree, is hard to be invested in any character. They are missing Willow or Spike or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the series. It was pretty good. It had some good moments and some confusing ones. The ending certainly opens itself up to a pricking of the thumb. I would watch a second season. The characters were hard to invest in initially but they grew on me as the show went along.

Things I liked:

1. The story setting. I am always a fan of the relative demon/angel, good/evil kind of story if done well enough.
2. The show did not hold itself back all that much. It was dark in a lot of ways without going over the line.
3. Some characters were stronger and better written than other characters.

Things that need work:

1. To continue number three, the characters could use a little more development. Given the number of characters, it might take another season or two.
2. Special effects were good enough but there were some cringe moments that could have been done better.
3. The story itself was descent but there were some moments I found myself asking "why"?

I think it is worth a watch. It has a strong Constantine vibe with a different version of God and the Devil.

Its a 7/10

TV show information provided by The Movie Database