Rocky 3 might be my favorite Rocky just because of Thunderlips and this scene:

Ay Woman! Ay Woman!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Rocky 3 might be my favorite Rocky just because of Thunderlips and this scene:

Ay Woman! Ay Woman!

LMAO. How great, with the leather jacket, and the indian dream catcher feather shits hanging from his ears. Did you ever see the reality show were Mr T was trying to help failing businesses? He was selling cars. Amazing. I think it lasted like 1 or 2 episodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rocky 1 > Rocky 2 > Rocky Balboa = Creed = Rocky 3 > Rocky 4 > Rocky 5

Anyone else remember how Sylvester Stallone was basically gone from Hollywood, then pops out with Rocky Balboa and Rambo within a couple of years of each other? Both were fucking good.

Edit: I'm actually struggling with Rocky Balboa vs Creed vs Rocky 3, as if my ranking actually matters, lol.

Rocky 4 second to last? The fuck?

Can't be that low when it inspired so bad it's good parodies like this...

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Didn't that dude from Rocky 5 die from AIDS
Yeah, Morrison died in 2013 from organ failure from septic shock due to bacterial infection that happened largely due to a compromised immune system. So yeah, pretty much.

Caliane

seems dumb to me this is focusing on 30yr old drama about ivan drago. instead, of being topical on the trials of boxer, dwindling payouts, and UFC.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
seems dumb to me this is focusing on 30yr old drama about ivan drago. instead, of being topical on the trials of boxer, dwindling payouts, and UFC.

I don't disagree, but it isn't surprising they're going with the Russia angle at a time where people are being influenced to believe that big bad Russia is behind every door. It taps into the fears brought on by the Cold War to a whole new generation. Courageous black man brought up from nothing taking on a Ruskie (while they're subverting your freedoms!) is a hell of a way to get people into a theatre.

Loved the first though and will check this out.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Disagree. There's not a single movie that wouldn't be better with more Ivan Drago

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Making a Rocky film that is about topical issues would be dumb. These films are about characters overcoming, not "issues".

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Clearly Caliane does tho. Ticket price may be cost prohibitive (~$50mil?).

Caliane

no, I don't really give a shit about a self contained soap opera, rehashing old nostalgia. saw that in Starwars.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't disagree, but it isn't surprising they're going with the Russia angle at a time where people are being influenced to believe that big bad Russia is behind every door. It taps into the fears brought on by the Cold War to a whole new generation. Courageous black man brought up from nothing taking on a Ruskie (while they're subverting your freedoms!) is a hell of a way to get people into a theatre.

Loved the first though and will check this out.

Didn't see a whole lot of Russia in the trailers yet, maybe they just aren't showing it, though. Mainly just seems to focus on Drago/Creed drama, with a touch of Rocky staring down Ivan.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Rocky 4 second to last? The fuck?

Can't be that low when it inspired so bad it's good parodies like this...

One, two and four are all epic, I can’t really pick which is better. No matter which one was airing on TNT on a Saturday afternoon there was no disappointment. 4 is great in the way that the 80s and everything that was great about the 80s, the greatest decade in history, is encapsulated in the movie. That movie hit when I was twelve and I’m pretty certain watching it kickstarted puberty.

• 1Like

Szlia

Rocky Balboa >>>>>>>>>>>>> Creed. Creed is a pretty good movie though, and I will watch Creed 2 for sure, but Rocky Balboa is a masterpiece. Other than being a kind of time machine, the beauty of Rocky Balboa lies in the way the antagonist is written. Clichés after clichés are piled on, but he is absolutely not what these clichés would lead you to believe. The rich bling-bling black youngster could be the diametrical opposite of Rocky in a lesser movie (that would be about the good old days or something), but here, like Rocky, he has tremendous respect for his sport and for his opponent. It's a film of great dignity (and one of my favorite film of 2007 - the year I saw it - along with Summer Palace, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and Fast Food Nation).

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Rocky Balboa was great. Outside of 5, this whole series has been good, even 3 and 4 which are sort of outrageous are still fun and entertaining.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users