Creed III (2023)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Creed III (2023)

Tagline: There's no enemy like the past.

Genre: Drama, Action

Director: Michael B. Jordan

Cast: Michael B. Jordan, Tessa Thompson, Jonathan Majors, Phylicia Rashād, Florian Munteanu, Tony Bellew, Jacob 'Stitch' Duran, Thaddeus J. Mixson, Selenis Leyva, Spence Moore II, Michelle Davidson, Sage Shirley, Eric Daniel Stumpp, Sherri Belinda Quinones, Candice Tracy Ross, Leah Haile, Pete Penuel, Julian Llamas, James Sanders III, Mila Davis-Kent, Teófimo López, Michael Mincey

Release: 2023-03-03

Plot: After dominating the boxing world, Adonis Creed has been thriving in both his career and family life. When a childhood friend and former boxing prodigy, Damien Anderson, resurfaces after serving a long sentence in prison, he is eager to prove that he deserves his shot in the ring. The face off between former friends is more than just a fight. To settle the score, Adonis must put his dogs on the line to battle Damien - a fighter who has nothing to lose.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
iVWGk8Qauqm8aFsuIcgb8r0DlUa.jpg

Title: Creed III (2023)

Tagline: There's no enemy like the past.

Genre: Drama, Action

Director: Michael B. Jordan

Cast: Michael B. Jordan, Tessa Thompson, Jonathan Majors, Phylicia Rashād, Florian Munteanu, Tony Bellew, Jacob 'Stitch' Duran, Thaddeus J. Mixson, Selenis Leyva, Spence Moore II, Michelle Davidson, Sage Shirley, Eric Daniel Stumpp, Sherri Belinda Quinones, Candice Tracy Ross, Leah Haile, Pete Penuel, Julian Llamas, James Sanders III, Mila Davis-Kent, Teófimo López, Michael Mincey

Release: 2023-03-03

Plot: After dominating the boxing world, Adonis Creed has been thriving in both his career and family life. When a childhood friend and former boxing prodigy, Damien Anderson, resurfaces after serving a long sentence in prison, he is eager to prove that he deserves his shot in the ring. The face off between former friends is more than just a fight. To settle the score, Adonis must put his dogs on the line to battle Damien - a fighter who has nothing to lose.

First one was poor. Second one was shit.

Not certain I'm hopeful this will be worth the pain.

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
“put his dogs on the line?”

Like, literally dog fighting. Because that would be funny. Michael Vick cameo?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Loved the firs 2 movies. Hopefully this one is as good. But I have my doubts since Stallone isnt involved in this one.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
First one was poor. Second one was shit.

Not certain I'm hopeful this will be worth the pain.

You might be the first person I've seen say they didn't like the first Creed, I thought it was excellent and the camera work during the boxing scenes was top tier. Hell it even got Stallone an Oscar nom.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
You might be the first person I've seen say they didn't like the first Creed, I thought it was excellent and the camera work during the boxing scenes was top tier. Hell it even got Stallone an Oscar nom.
Yea joggers taking over philly with street bike racing. Top tier ....

1666186197312.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I didn’t really like it either. It wasn’t the movie so much, as it is I loved Rocky Balboa. I thought that was the perfect Rocky closer. They changed too much of the story with Creed. Didn’t like the changes

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't even realize they had made a Creed 2. Maybe I'll watch it at some point in the future.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this today and enjoyed it. All 3 of these movies have been excellent. This one you could feel that Stallone wasnt involved though. And my only complaint was I didnt like the final fight scene. I thought the way they filmed it was dumb.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this was legit very good. Majors as the villain knocked it out of the park, too bad he's an RL asshole. I also felt the lack of Stallone, particularly during two key points. The funeral scene and the final battle. Stallone 100% should have appeared in both of those unless Rocky was flat-out dead.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, this was legit very good. Majors as the villain knocked it out of the park, too bad he's an RL asshole. I also felt the lack of Stallone, particularly during two key points. The funeral scene and the final battle. Stallone 100% should have appeared in both of those unless Rocky was flat-out dead.

Give him a percent of the rights to the movies and he'll show up. He's done doing them for a check.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Been re-watching the Rocky series and it's worth pointing out that this really is one of the greatest movie series ever made, all nine of them. Yeah, 5 is kind of weak and 6 is kind of depressing, but all in all these movies are so much better than they had any right to be. The first and sixth in particular really resonated with me now in a way they didn't when I first saw them 20 and 15 years ago. They really are spectacular human interest movies and the boxing, while secondary really, results in some pretty memorable final battles. Also nobody can tell me that Rocky 4's "No Easy Way Out" montage isn't the best musical montage put to film. That montage probably single-handedly inspired Miami Vice's music-meets-drama aesthetic.

Anybody who slept on Creed 3 (or any of the other Creeds or Rockys) do yourself a favor and watch all nine of 'em. Also how often do you get to watch a story that unfolds over six different decades? (Yeah, Rocky 5 was in 1990 but it still counts, the 90's are on the board)

• 2Like
  • 1Direct to DVD

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Been re-watching the Rocky series and it's worth pointing out that this really is one of the greatest movie series ever made, all nine of them. Yeah, 5 is kind of weak and 6 is kind of depressing, but all in all these movies are so much better than they had any right to be. The first and sixth in particular really resonated with me now in a way they didn't when I first saw them 20 and 15 years ago. They really are spectacular human interest movies and the boxing, while secondary really, results in some pretty memorable final battles. Also nobody can tell me that Rocky 4's "No Easy Way Out" montage isn't the best musical montage put to film. That montage probably single-handedly inspired Miami Vice's music-meets-drama aesthetic.

Anybody who slept on Creed 3 (or any of the other Creeds or Rockys) do yourself a favor and watch all nine of 'em. Also how often do you get to watch a story that unfolds over six different decades? (Yeah, Rocky 5 was in 1990 but it still counts, the 90's are on the board)
Rocky 5 is the weakest of the 6 movies, but its got a lot of memorable lines and its really only hampered by Stallone putting in his stupid son. "he stole my room!". then he did him another solid by putting him in a small role in Daylight. then his son offed himself, because why not?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rocky 5 is the weakest of the 6 movies, but its got a lot of memorable lines and its really only hampered by Stallone putting in his stupid son. "he stole my room!". then he did him another solid by putting him in a small role in Daylight. then his son offed himself, because why not?

Yeah I always liked Rocky 5 as a kid. As an adult I recognize that it's a big step down from the others, but it's not like it's bad.

What's really crazy is how well these movies have held up. They aren't campy or dated at ALL and they could be, very easily, if they were made by less-capable people.

I didn't realize the kid in 5 was Stallone's son. Wasn't he also in 6? The son in 6 looked just like the son in 5, just much older. (Just looked it up, nope, it's a different actor. That's surprising cause he's totally the spitting image of the kid). Didn't know he offed himself either. Fuck, that really sucks. I know Stallone has four hot daughters and I thought that was it.

Apparently Drago's Wife in Rocky 4 was actually Stallone's real-life wife at the time so he gave her that role. He did a re-edit of Rocky 4 a couple years ago (that I'm gonna track down and watch soon) and pretty much removed her from the movie lol

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I always liked Rocky 5 as a kid. As an adult I recognize that it's a big step down from the others, but it's not like it's bad.

What's really crazy is how well these movies have held up. They aren't campy or dated at ALL and they could be, very easily, if they were made by less-capable people.

I didn't realize the kid in 5 was Stallone's son. Wasn't he also in 6? The son in 6 looked just like the son in 5, just much older. (Just looked it up, nope, it's a different actor. That's surprising cause he's totally the spitting image of the kid). Didn't know he offed himself either. Fuck, that really sucks. I know Stallone has four hot daughters and I thought that was it.

Apparently Drago's Wife in Rocky 4 was actually Stallone's real-life wife at the time so he gave her that role. He did a re-edit of Rocky 4 a couple years ago (that I'm gonna track down and watch soon) and pretty much removed her from the movie lol
yeah, thats the dude from Heroes playing the son in 6. Stallone gives the best speech in that movie. i think they even inscribed it on his statue in Philly.

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database