Creed III (2023)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
yeah, thats the dude from Heroes playing the son in 6. Stallone gives the best speech in that movie. i think they even inscribed it on his statue in Philly.

Yeah that speech is the best thing in the movie. Too bad his kid didn't hear it in real life.

But wait, you sure it was a suicide?

Looks like he might have just OD'd

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Also nobody can tell me that Rocky 4's "No Easy Way Out" montage isn't the best musical montage put to film. That montage probably single-handedly inspired Miami Vice's music-meets-drama aesthetic.
I love the montage and song but to your claim, Miami vice aired a year before Rocky 4 released. Further more, that style is a Michael Mann calling card. I think it's much more likely Rocky aped Miami Vice or they were just coincidences of the 80s vibe.

• 1Garbage

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah that speech is the best thing in the movie. Too bad his kid didn't hear it in real life.

But wait, you sure it was a suicide?

Looks like he might have just OD'd
Lol, why pull an article from right after his death? Don't put too much effort in!

Wikipedia synopsis: "An autopsy by the Los Angeles coroner and toxicology tests determined that Stallone died of coronary artery disease caused by atherosclerosis, with no drugs detected other than an over-the-counter pain remedy."

Goddamn clot shot got him from the future!

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I love the montage and song but to your claim, Miami vice aired a year before Rocky 4 released. Further more, that style is a Michael Mann calling card. I think it's much more likely Rocky aped Miami Vice or they were just coincidences of the 80s vibe.

And there it is, Rajaah Rajaah over rating a tired, formulaic franchise and necro bumping the even more tired spin off franchise thread before being joined by Chukzombi Chukzombi in a Siskel & Ebert but actually more like Statler & Waldorf, Tweedle-dum & Tweedle-dumber etc produced a comedic gem worthy of an annual highlight reel

Legendary auteur Michael Mann and the visionary mind behind seminal 80s aesthetic (music, fashion, cars) was ripping off Rocky IV for Miami Vice.

Lol, go watch Thief with James Caan from 1981. Kek

It's 145am here and I'm about to get out of bed to make an 80s musical montage of all Rajaah Rajaah comedy gem posts

• 2Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We just finished the original Rocky. Been probably 25 years since I last saw it. It really is a great film.

It is awkward in the best way for a lot of the movie. All the character interactions are no frill basic humans talking to each other. Rocky is awkward and nervous, constantly repeating the same things, trying to figure out how to talk to Adrian. Adrian is introverted and barely says anything. It not Lynch uncomfortable but almost arthouse or stage play. No idea how to describe it.

I had also completely forgotten how abruptly it just ends after the Creed fight and the lack of emphasis on that part "closing out" helps drive home the human part of the story of Rocky and between he and Adrian. The split decision and scoring is just read in the background and even the close captioning doesn't bother trying to help you make sense of it all.

Happy to have seen it again and to move on to Rocky 2 maybe tomorrow maybe.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Doesn't matter.

That montage was so badass it influenced everything 10 years before and after its release. We didn't even give a shit we were watching highlights from a movie we were still watching, but also from a scene that happened less than 5 minutes ago

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We just finished the original Rocky. Been probably 25 years since I last saw it. It really is a great film.

It is awkward in the best way for a lot of the movie. All the character interactions are no frill basic humans talking to each other. Rocky is awkward and nervous, constantly repeating the same things, trying to figure out how to talk to Adrian. Adrian is introverted and barely says anything. It not Lynch uncomfortable but almost arthouse or stage play. No idea how to describe it.

I had also completely forgotten how abruptly it just ends after the Creed fight and the lack of emphasis on that part "closing out" helps drive home the human part of the story of Rocky and between he and Adrian. The split decision and scoring is just read in the background and even the close captioning doesn't bother trying to help you make sense of it all.

Happy to have seen it again and to move on to Rocky 2 maybe tomorrow maybe.
it really deserved that Oscar for best picture. i love that movie. had to have seen it 30 times or more. it was one of those HBO films that always seemed to be starting after school and so i had to watch it again and again and again. Rocky 2 was on HBO for forever as well. probably seen that 40 or 50 times. its crazy to think about. why HBO/Cinemax did that every day i have no idea.

• 1Like