Crimes of the Future

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
What a random golden age for Gieger fans lol. Looks great.

Scorn is finally coming out this year too if this kind of shit is your bag:

Fucking youtube is nazis and apparently you can't embed a fucking video game trailer lol?

Ooooh I was actually thinking about this game the other day and wondering what became of it.

The game that's basically a Tool music video.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
This was pretty bad. It had the Cronenberg design flair going for it but it felt completely forced and almost like he was counting on his bio-tech sketches brought to life in film to carry things as if he was Giger. The music was awful and that, combined with the editing, was really trying to turn this into a neo-noir but it just made the scenes feel like vignettes instead of pieces of a whole story with how repetitive things were. It never quite got its legs to be a body horror film and just felt like a misplaced homage to Cronenberg if anything else. His son's movies have felt way more in his vein than this. A stupid amount of really bad CGI as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This was pretty bad. It had the Cronenberg design flair going for it but it felt completely forced and almost like he was counting on his bio-tech sketches brought to life in film to carry things as if he was Giger. The music was awful and that, combined with the editing, was really trying to turn this into a neo-noir but it just made the scenes feel like vignettes instead of pieces of a whole story with how repetitive things were. It never quite got its legs to be a body horror film and just felt like a misplaced homage to Cronenberg if anything else. His son's movies have felt way more in his vein than this. A stupid amount of really bad CGI as well.
That's a shame to hear because I was really looking forward to this.

I've watched his son's first movie though, Viral if I'm not mistaken, and it was definitely a chip off the old block. What else has he done that's worth checking out?

Juvarisx

Florida
That's a shame to hear because I was really looking forward to this.

I've watched his son's first movie though, Viral if I'm not mistaken, and it was definitely a chip off the old block. What else has he done that's worth checking out?

I liked Possessor a lot

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Looks like he has just done Antiviral and Possessor, but he's currently working on some movie called Infinity Pool.

Infinity Pool - IMDb

Screenshot_20220701-151722-484.png

Looks like it might be a Jeffrey Epstein based horror movie.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Uhhhhh, well that was a movie....I guess

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Just watched this. It’s certainly not the best Cronenberg movie but it’s definitely one of the most Cronenberg Cronenberg movies.

Very uncomfortable to watch. 7/10.

Possessor was definitely a better movie. Come on David, your own son is lapping you…

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
pretty meh movie. works better if you imagine this is a world in 40k being overrun by Slaanesh and tzeetch. The pain, art, decadence, mutations, etc...
A darker undercurrent of something terrible coming to a head from this weirdness adds to the movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users