Crossbones NBC

Goatface

this has all the signs of having a big cool mystery that never pays off as it gets cancelled after 12 shows

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Am I the only one that thought the preview clip looked like something filmed for youtube?

satael

Silver Squire
I think (based on the pilot episode) it suffers from the TV14 rating. A MA rating and John Malkovich would make for a great series (if he really got into it).

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fact that they felt the need to explain the first five minutes of the show immediately after it happened doesn't make me very optimistic about the writing.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I will watch a couple more episodes and hope the first episode was a character introduction and nothing more.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i actually started watching this and i got bored with the opening narration, reminded me of the intro to everquest, so i changed the channel.
tongue.png

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Had a few good lines.

It's summer television. Won't be around long. Probably won't be back next year. PIRATES!

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think what made it not great for me was that the whole 18th century pirate/British Navy theme felt like only window dressing and at its core it just wants to be like so many contemporary shows you see set in modern times where you have some super smart/capable/everyman action-spy guy go in after the magic McGuffin technology thingy. The setting in this case is just for show and didn't seem to matter much.

Take for example Deadwood, where the setting is everything. ' A wild, anything-goes-mining town struggles to deal with mass change as outside influences (Federal govt and Hearst) seek to take control and reign it in'. Brilliant historical fiction.

So far this felt like Jack Baur starring in Assassin's Creed.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I think what made it not great for me was that the whole 18th century pirate/British Navy theme felt like only window dressing and at its core it just wants to be like so many contemporary shows you see set in modern times where you have some super smart/capable/everyman action-spy guy go in after the magic McGuffin technology thingy. The setting in this case is just for show and didn't seem to matter much.

Take for example Deadwood, where the setting is everything. ' A wild, anything-goes-mining town struggles to deal with mass change as outside influences (Federal govt and Hearst) seek to take control and reign it in'. Brilliant historical fiction.

So far this felt like Jack Baur starring in Assassin's Creed.
But if you watch a show like TURN they have amazing plots and you feel like the spies are spies and none of them are superman or soloing raid bosses....