CrossCode

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
CrossCode

Overwhelmingly Positive on almost 3000 reviews on Steam and on sale right now for $16.99

Just picked it up and it's a lot of fun (the tutorial and start are a bit slow).

Think Secret of Mana, Link to the Past mix.

Good nostalgia graphics and sound but updated controls and complexity.

Try the demo and see what you think, I'm pretty hooked early into this thing.

Also: it's like a single player MMO. It's weird but good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's been in my wishlist for a long time since I heard good things about it on early access, just waiting to pick it up. Might grab it later this week or something since it's rather cheap already so no need to wait for a full sale.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's been in my wishlist for a long time since I heard good things about it on early access, just waiting to pick it up. Might grab it later this week or something since it's rather cheap already so no need to wait for a full sale.

It’s $16.99 until 09/27 and then I think it’s $19.99. Not a huge deal, worth the $19.99 imo. I’ve been thinking about playing it since I got to work.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This game is really really good.

Vanessa Vanessa if you're still looking for something good to play.

• 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
This game is really really good.

Vanessa Vanessa if you're still looking for something good to play.

Thanks for looking out :emoji_heart: , but:

ohmy.jpg

This has been unopened for 48 hours now LoL... I still am trying to talk myself out of opening these to the point I'm hiding it under my bed from myself (I know, I know... don't say it). People on this forum have said many times that I'm going to kill myself (statistically); Pfft, my self-harm comes in the form of never splurging on myself outside of clothes, sushi and makeup haha.

I bought MK so that if I didn't like DQ11 (who am I kidding... I'll love it) I can take out my frustration by ripping off some heads.

I... I deserve this splurge, yes? :p

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for looking out :emoji_heart: , but:

View attachment 176993

This has been unopened for 48 hours now LoL... I still am trying to talk myself out of opening these to the point I'm hiding it under my bed from myself (I know, I know... don't say it). People on this forum have said many times that I'm going to kill myself (statistically); Pfft, my self-harm comes in the form of never splurging on myself outside of clothes, sushi and makeup haha.

I bought MK so that if I didn't like DQ11 (who am I kidding... I'll love it) I can take out my frustration by ripping off some heads.

I... I deserve this splurge, yes? :p

Stave away suicidal thoughts with video game binging. Sounds like a common and healthy response around here!

Should have got Bloodborne though. The shining star of the PS4 library.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That nerd Sphero dude fucking wrekt me in the PVP battle. I assume you can actually win it if you just don't get hit though. I don't understand how Emilienator levels significantly faster than you do.

How do you teleport to other landmarks?

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
That nerd Sphero dude fucking wrekt me in the PVP battle. I assume you can actually win it if you just don't get hit though. I don't understand how Emilienator levels significantly faster than you do.

How do you teleport to other landmarks?

Yes, you can but there’s no reward for it.

On the map (LT + right) and then just press X over certain landmarks like the Rookie Harbor Market or Obelisk.

Later you can solo, or you can change party tactics using (LT + down).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Started playing this, so far loving it, really high quality stuff, good music, solid graphics and art style, fairly average story start but the setting is interesting at least and combat/controls feel nice.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lea has mistakenly logged into the Euro server though!

The setup is hilarious and kind of batshit. But all of the usual MMO game within a game shit will hit most people on this board in just the right places.

Lea is remote controlling an avatar and doing fuck knows what in the real world. This, "MMO" is where you remote into robot bodies and physically travel to the game world. Which is actually another planet.. or something. You have also lost your memories but I am taking this as the character Lea is playing in the game has lost her memories and finding them is a way of sotrytelling to the Player Character.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay so I finally slogged through all of this. I only say slog because the nature of this game is that gameplay increases in complexity as you progress though it. Primarily in the puzzles. Now, I love me some puzzles but CrossCode puzzles are pretty high up there on the levels of, "lol fuck you nerd." I say this because they are quite complicated and you can take 10+ minutes to figure out some of the harder ones.... then spend 30 minutes trying to actually execute what you need to do in order for the puzzle to complete.

I was astonished at how hard some of that was. Puts the Souls game to shame slide dashing into multiple elemental switches and combos all in the span of like 4 seconds while aiming the projectile and you can't miss once or its right back to square fucking one. Yeah I raged at that shit pretty hard. Some of the boss fights are pretty hard for the same reason. That along with the platforming elements that are just terrible for the isometric view provided are my main two gripes.

Those things aside the story and characters are wonderful. The setting is just perfect. It is really delightful for the setting to be in an MMO like it is. You see players struggling with newbie shit, progress into joining a guild (small 10 man kind of guild) and looking all awestruck by the Ubers in the Last Minute Heroes uber guild. Go on raids and dungeons. Bitch about dungeon instances (lul) and spend time with other players bitching about annoying NPCs and delving into the secrets of the game world. Cool shit.

9/10 I especially recommend it to everyone on this forum.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Okay so I finally slogged through all of this. I only say slog because the nature of this game is that gameplay increases in complexity as you progress though it. Primarily in the puzzles. Now, I love me some puzzles but CrossCode puzzles are pretty high up there on the levels of, "lol fuck you nerd." I say this because they are quite complicated and you can take 10+ minutes to figure out some of the harder ones.... then spend 30 minutes trying to actually execute what you need to do in order for the puzzle to complete.

I was astonished at how hard some of that was. Puts the Souls game to shame slide dashing into multiple elemental switches and combos all in the span of like 4 seconds while aiming the projectile and you can't miss once or its right back to square fucking one. Yeah I raged at that shit pretty hard. Some of the boss fights are pretty hard for the same reason. That along with the platforming elements that are just terrible for the isometric view provided are my main two gripes.

Those things aside the story and characters are wonderful. The setting is just perfect. It is really delightful for the setting to be in an MMO like it is. You see players struggling with newbie shit, progress into joining a guild (small 10 man kind of guild) and looking all awestruck by the Ubers in the Last Minute Heroes uber guild. Go on raids and dungeons. Bitch about dungeon instances (lul) and spend time with other players bitching about annoying NPCs and delving into the secrets of the game world. Cool shit.

9/10 I especially recommend it to everyone on this forum.

I loved this game but got a bit frustrated by at a certain point because of this and ended up putting it down.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I loved this game but got a bit frustrated by at a certain point because of this and ended up putting it down.

Not sure when they added it but the, "assist" options let you slow the puzzle speed down so that was tolerable. You can also reduce the amount of enemy attack frequency and the damage if you want to. I periodically lowered this because the bullet hell they want you to play as combined with the hidden melee attacks and teleporting/stealth sneak attack shit they use alot is almost impossible to keep track of all at once. I have no idea what kind of autist would be able to do it at the intended game speed.

Bullet hells are great because you are only dodging very visible glowing bullets. CrossCode has this with the lovely addition of unhittable mobs that travel underground with a small graphic that can't be hit and expects you to dodge that shit while dodging projectives and aiming your shit at the same time... I don't get it lol.

• 1Like