Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Should be enjoyable as the first.
I dunno about that. It looks like something that was thrown together as a pretext for showcasing a bunch of choreographed fight scenes. The first one had plenty of those but at it's core it was a good (though fuckin' sad) story.

No Li Mu Bai.
No Ang Lee.
No way it's as good as the first one.

I'll probably still watch it though.

Szlia

Yuen Woo-Ping directing with Donnie Yen and Michelle Yeoh performing? I'll see that even without Ang Lee in the project.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Unsure. That CGI looked pretty crap. I think the first one was a better movie for not having any CGI in the fights.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yuen Woo-Ping directing with Donnie Yen and Michelle Yeoh performing? I'll see that even without Ang Lee in the project.
This is how I feel about it. It probably won't be as good as the first, but that still leaves plenty of room to be a good movie.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'll watch pretty much anything with Donnie Yen in it at this point, no questions asked. Dude is so awesome.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_118813.jpg

I can dream

spronk

FPS noob
interesting they are all talking in english, and that netflix financed it. I wonder if they did a second ADR with all chinese from the actors, and if there would be a way to watch that on US netflix

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Why would a character who died in the previous novel show up against in the sequel?
He wouldn't obviously but the dynamic between his desire to finally follow though on a relationship with Shu Lien vs achieving a goal he had reached the point of giving up on only to take up the training of another gave him much more weight as a character than just being a bad ass warrior. There's really no way to feature Shu Lien prominently in the story and have another character fill that same space in the way he did.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
He was indeed a bad ass character. But, if they're following the source material, then I can't complain.
biggrin.png

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Donnie Yen is awesome, but this looks like it will be a straight up fighting movie like most of his other stuff. No Ang Lee means that the story will not be anywhere near as good. I like Woo-Ping Yuen's style, but I don't think he has was it takes to make a truly compelling story. His last major movie, True Legend, is probably a good indication of what this will be like. And it's in English...who in the world made that awful decision?

I'll see it anyway, but my expectations are beyond low outside of the choreography, which will probably be ruined by over the top CGI. Ip Man 3 looks better than this.

Szlia

I agree that it did not work well (even if this type of odd contemporary music / historical setting mix can work, like in The Knick). I doubt that will be an issue in the actual film though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought the music sounded pretty cool right up until I recognized the actual song, then it was very distracting.

I don't have Crouching Tiger on some pedestal in my head, so I kind of just viewed this trailer as "Awesome wire-fu is back! YAY!".