Crowfall

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because we like to re-live the same mistakes we've made and not learn our lessons, over and over again, for over a decade. Just slamming our dicks in a car door over and over with each new thread and each new game. The only game safe from this cycle is Pantheon, because the rerolled thread IS the game.
Haha fair enough then. That's an honest assessment. Have at it.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone who played Shadowbane past their first few sb.exe errors should be erect over Crowfall right now. This aint no Disco,,,,

Bruman

Golden Squire
the last of which was fucking Darkfall.
You forgot about Albion Online! It's all about PVP, item loot, and taking territory, with an obvious UO influence. It's hype train seemed to die right when it was released for alpha players too.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Mr Mike! And Grimli from UO (Scott). Neat

BTW, the resetting board thing, It reminds me of an idea I threw in the hat back when DAOC was asking for suggestions for special server types. I think it turned into the "realm invasion server" that was an item to be voted on, but I'm sure other people had the same idea. Ultimately classic won by a large margin.

Basic concept was starting everyone at 50 with basic gear, and the border keeps would be able to be captured instead of having super godlike npcs defending them. Then you could bust out into the homeland and start sacking towns with the eventual goal of the defeat of the enemy king. Then the server would reset after a day or so.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You forgot about Albion Online! It's all about PVP, item loot, and taking territory, with an obvious UO influence. It's hype train seemed to die right when it was released for alpha players too.
Yeah because it was designed for an iPad... Literally.

Also: Tuco said don't play that shit so I didnt.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just a reminder of the difference between effort and phoning it in.

Pantheon-Rise-of-the-Fallen.jpg

Crowfall_T1Gameplay.jpg

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Screenshots look awesome except I'm not sure whats up with the blurred out gryphon in that one ;p

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I hate cartoony. That's not too cartoony.

That said, you guys need to temper your expectations. How long have we been doing this? The better an mmo sounds, the less likely it is to succeed in getting made the way it's described. Not sure why you guys think this will be different. I wish it was- this sounds amazing- but to me, that just means it's unlikely to see daylight.
agree 100%. The legit PVP community is so fucking starved for a good MMO you're seeing us bust a nut over a few promises and a screenshot that doesn't really say much besides they have a game engine (Do we know what engine they're using?). Shit looks like vanilla WoW which is fine by me.

ss01.jpg

If this game is good I'll jump on the hype train right about when the game releases. And if history repeats itself that'll be around the same a lot of you get off the hype train and run off to the next shiny game on the horizon.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Few more minor art banners

Wings_Concept.jpg

ForumHeader_8.jpg

Looks like Tuco will get a legit crown and a swag-ass red king cloak

Emotiv

Silver Squire
I love these screenshots. It's the subtle things that we should come to expect in 2015. Looking at how she's holding the sword, the hands would indicate she's bringing it back across her body after an initial slash. And it's nice to see a visible sheath on her back.

rrr_img_89672.jpg

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm with Tuco on this, I'll jump on the hype train closer to release when I get my hands on it. That doesn't mean I can't follow it, and be interested by their design in the meantime.

I think the most exciting thing is really that they are very much aware that they are not designing the next big thing, they are aware they are making a niche game. Most games in the last 5 years seem to all try to beat WoW and they fail, these guys are not going after WoW, that's refreshing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh and this game is very similar from a design/art perspective as Albion Online. I was pretty hyped for Albion before I tried it, but after trying it I don't think they'll be able to deliver a fun game no matter how much hardcore PVP elements are in it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My hype train for this is at the level where I actually give a shit when there is a new announcement and read it. Not much above that. Game looks good on my end but it really comes down to seeing the UI and the player interaction and responsiveness.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm with draegan on this one, if they Shroud of the Avatar this shit with unity3D (Software mouse, delayed character movement) I won't touch this.

Okay maybe I will but I won't be happy about it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They're definitely saying, "Hey let's make a game for the R30s, LotD, LoD, UDL, Elite, SYN, Redguard, SiN, FoE and PRXs of the MMO gaming community!". But until I see a competent game being successful in beta I just don't care that much.
Hey the R30s say they are still a thing:
http://community.crowfall.com/index....endly-killers/

No idea if they're serious still.

One thing is for sure though, I'm glad this won't have separate NA servers. I'd prefer if they just went full global so I could hang out with my European friends and compete with the many top notch Euro PVP guilds.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wait, where's the Unit3D stock art logo/watermarks? I'm just not use to this type of marketing....polished screenshots that looks as if the team held themselves accountable for presenting high-quality, original content. What's up with that? New trend?