Crowfall

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Yes I know that this game will be centered around PvP but is there any chance of having some cool zones ala Unrest/Karazhan/whatever for us carebears to dungeon crawl every once and a while?

Maric

N00b
That would be awesome. If nothing else for low level resource harvesting if you didn't feel like making a run through PvP lands that day. Not sure that's in their design docs though.

Maric

N00b
Draegan, only 20 minutes in - but I have to say, it's already the best interview with the Crowfall dev's I've seen yet. Great job dude.
Totally agree. Most in depth interview I've heard on the game and most informative. Also makes me feel like the devs truly get it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yes I know that this game will be centered around PvP but is there any chance of having some cool zones ala Unrest/Karazhan/whatever for us carebears to dungeon crawl every once and a while?
Nope. It's all about resource control, building, crafting, and fighting people.

Nope. It's all about resource control, building, crafting, and fighting people.
I think there is some room for that. My fondest memories in EQ were Plane of Mischief, where the zone was like Alice in Wonderland and the zone had just fun things to play with.

There should be seasonal things to add when the time is right - Christmas themed zones and extra snow. Nothing gameplay wise needs to change, just the scenary of the environment would be nice. The "newness" of having to explore something new and different is what people love.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Great interview! The numerous "we don't know" responses is expected due to it being so early in development. It sounds like they have a solid handle of the genre, the pitfalls/problems that occur, and have some great ideas on how to change it up. Execution or implementation is a whole other piece of the puzzle so I wish them the best and can't wait to see the progress.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Exposure brah. Loads of people there but honestly, the Crowfall thread is fucking dead.

Got the Crowfall Twitter to RT too. Doin the lawds work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Doubt it. If they get a developer who gets a stick up his ass about developing a baller randomized dungeon you might see some cool dungeon/cave PvP, but it won't be that interesting. PRobably very little of the world will be anything unique like unrest, PoM etc.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
PRobably very little of the world will be anything unique like unrest, PoM etc.
Plus, worlds are being generated. Seems silly to ask for some awesome handcrafted zone when it basically goes against their entire design goals/philosophy.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They probably shouldn't devote resources to this unless its a far out stretch goal, its just a shame we haven't seen the concept of Darkness Falls in DAoC since, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

I guess Wintergrasp in WoW, but that sucked.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Lots of hand-made content with nameds that drop special loot and the like doesnt fit their model.

However, I do hope that their random world generator includes indoor areas such as caves, crypts, old ruins etc. That's both a way to hide/sneak forces through unsafe areas and a likely tier0 "base" to make crude swords and makeshift armor before you can actually strike out and build a town. Unless we are supposed to just plop down a forge and anvil on an open field and think it'll be safe long enough to create equipment and the town around it. They could also contain valuable resources.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Can we talk about how Draegen managed to tame the wife and has her trained to bring him food?