Crowfall

Raign

Golden Squire
Great interview Draegan. Really liked his answer on character development. The uniqueness of the characters in Shadowbane was one of my favorite aspects of it. Being able to build out a character to play to my playstyle and tweak the min/max elements there of was amazing. If they could just rebuild that game with a fresh look and no sb.exe errors that refreshes every couple of months, they will have me until I die of old age.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you ever get another interview some questions I would love to see.

When he talked about resources, and especially the part about a cart and horse and he said someone could come and kill the horse, and that would leave you unable to move the resources. Would the resources be like Archeage and be persistent to the world. (Packs that drop to the ground on death or are able to be dropped and last for 5 days in the world itself.) Could you have a new horse attached? Could 20 friends show up and lug the resources back to base.

When resources are used to craft are they then altered enough to be un-useable after the fact. Like a stone wall that has 100 stone resource used. If it is destroyed can it be salvaged for say 50 workable stone? Can enemy swords be smelted down, because your guild crafter makes tier 3 shit and the enemy only makes tier 1, so the swords are crap but the raw materials will be of use.

Same with the cart, in the previous explanation could it be salvaged?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Thanks for that, Draegan. I really enjoyed your interview style, and would definitely love to watch you do more. Your voice and demeanour really suit the format, too. Good job.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
thanks Draegan. Went ahead and went for the Amber patron, should be worth it.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
after watching the interview unsure if I should stay at the 1k pledge thoughts and feelings? I know by release I will have time to play with grad school being done.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't see the point in doing $1000 or $2500. Neither of them get you playing the game any quicker. Unless you just REALLY want a unique Guild Heraldry.

Ryanz

<Banned>
If you're not personally emailing them to see what kind of perks you can get for a 50k tier, then you're probably a bluebie carebear faggot.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Halfway to the first stretch goal. There was a pretty big drop off in donations today, though.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
dailypledges.png

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The dropoff is normal, first and last 3-4 days are usually pretty good, in between its really slow. If they get 20-30k every day until the last days they cant complain.

ili_sl

shitlord
With the skill system being passive gains. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to buy more accounts then doing a bigger pledge? With two accounts you can always have a crafter mule with you.

Piriwi_sl

shitlord
I don't think I'll ever give my money to some company without immediately getting a product in return.

I enjoyed the interview, but to be honest I could probably 'say the right things' as well, doesn't mean I can make a good game. It will be interesting to see how well they can flesh out their ideas, especially regarding campaigns and getting a skirmish style gameplay going. Combat, visuals and performance just have to be good enough to not ever be annoying or frustrating to me. The only game I've truly enjoyed the past 2/3 years has been Path of Exile, but even there I thought the duration of leagues was too long. I'd like to be able to restart every 3 months or so.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I seriously doubt people are doing pledges for more character slots, like period, for any reason. but to your point, since they've said that the extra character slots don't get passive skill training (non subs get 1, subs get 3), I seriously doubt that anyone is considering those extra character slots as anything other than name holders or guild bank mules. Main reasons ppl chose higher pledges are more VIP/Sub time, different beta/alpha access, and potentially guild name reservations.

I don't know if they've come out and said anything about multiboxing, but if allowed, unless crafting/harvesting is click a button wait 10 minutes (like eve) then I doubt people will wanna do that. I can totally see people muling stealth scouts, however, which is also par the course for Eve.

Zubei_sl

shitlord
I gotta ask. Why are you guys so for this game, but hate Camelot Unchained? I backed both(Early Amber), and will play both. The hate for MJ seems to be in the wrong place when it comes to WAR though, since EA were the ones that pushed it out the door before it was ready, then fired MJ.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I gotta ask. Why are you guys so for this game, but hate Camelot Unchained? I backed both, and will play both. The hate for MJ seems to be in the wrong place when it comes to WAR, since EA were the ones that pushed it out the door before it was ready, then fired MJ.
I'll probably play CU too. I'm less excited about CU because I don't see a lot of new ideas from them.

Just looking at:
Camelot Unchained by City State Entertainment Kickstarter

It looks like the same ideas from DAoC just recycled, so from a game discussion standpoint (which this forum is for) it's not as compelling.