Crowfall

Vitality

HUSTLE
One Eyed: Blank out one half of your screen - Gain 50% increased spoils from open world salvage points.

Smuggler: -2 Rows general inventory space - +1 row non-lootable inventory space

I got ideas for days.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's some from the Q&A today if you didn't participate.

Replies from Todd (@jtoddcoleman)

Q: Has there been any consideration for proximity voice chat? Or is @CrowfallGame going to rely on mostly text communication?
A: @_Teekey_ @CrowfallGame text is the current plan

Q: #CFQuestions Do ya'll expect the Eternal Kingdoms to become the main focus of the game and be able to be played as a stand alone game
A: @EStormstalker @CrowfallGame Campaigns are the heart of the game, but expect a complete experience at the economic/metagame level

Q: #CFQuestions Are there any plans to include skills or Discs that focus on mercantilism, i.e. tax breaks, Thrall mangement, caravan speed?
A: @jsoti @CrowfallGame yes, absolutely, we intend to have crafting and economy focused disciplines!

Q: #CFQuestions Will players starting out in their own EK (alone) have a "general chat" available to converse w/ other players accross EK's?
A: @Arawulf we are going to have to have cross-world chat, yes. @CrowfallGame

Q: what kinds of things can we see in @CrowfallGame endgame? Raiding, pvp, etc.. #CFQuestions
A: @dark_arches @CrowfallGame everything in CF is end game. so: yes.

Q: #CFQuestions What is your favorite Archetype and why is it the Guinecean Duelist?
A: @_Teekey_ @CrowfallGame it's the Guinecean slayer, actually. you'll meet him, soon.

Q: So @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions so fishing ... Great gathering profession in Crowfall or greatest gathering profession in Crowfall?
A: @Anhrez @CrowfallGame no traditional fishing, but we have a minigame to hunt crabs called "crab shoot". it's great!

Q: #CFQuestions Will players be able to respec their characters with different skills and discs? If so, how much gold would it cost?
A: @Entityofsin @CrowfallGame you can change disciplines. the old rune is destroyed in the process.

Q: #CFQuestions what is Dec 2016 supposed to be a date for?
A: @Shadowblader21 @CrowfallGame release of the core module

Q: #CFQuestions will crappy computers be able to run crowfall to some degree?
A: @man0fbass @CrowfallGame probably not.

Q: Will players/guilds who elect to kneel be able to reverse that decision during a Campaign? #CFQuestions
A: @motstandet @CrowfallGame of course. they need to be able to betray their master and turn the tide of war. be careful who you trust.

Q: With this game being open pvp, will there be "boss" fights with instances or is it all open world, like rare elite spawns? #CFQuestions
A: @ThomasMartin599 @CrowfallGame no instances dungeons. no dungeon bosses. yes tough monsters in the open world.

Q: Whats the plan with announcing a fuller picture of available Archetypes & Disciplines?
A: @TheScree we have working lists, but we're still developing them. we'll be updating you as things settle out.

Q: #CFQuestions, will there be an in game currency, similar to crowns in Wizard101?
A: @SheldonCentral @CrowfallGame there will be a currency that represents game time, which is tradeable.

Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions Are you guys planning on multiple styles of mounts. I know we have horses, what about Large wolves, dragons, etc?
A: @NoobByDesign @CrowfallGame definitely will have a LOT of different mounts. but steering clear of flying mounts, at least for now.

Q: @CrowfallGame #cfquestions One more try. Plans on a customer-exposed API? Character/City/Guild data we can pull onto web? Armory-like Apps?
A: @TheScree @CrowfallGame I did that for SB, actually. it's a great idea, we'll see if we have time/resource to allocate to it.

Q: Not creative when it comes to building from scratch, is it possible to have a fully functional EK through template plots? #CFQuestions
A: @Elvinelol @CrowfallGame I think you're going to find the building tools to be flexible and simple enough that this won't be an issue

Q: #CFQuestions Can players make only certain cells/parcels of their EK public, or is it an all-or-nothing decision?
A: @jsoti all or nothing! but we are going to give you tools to manage your world (banning, for instance)

Q: #CFQuestions Some online MMO games have the option to add secondary authentication for security when logging in, will Crowfall have that?
A: @ItsGamerJay @CrowfallGame i feel like we almost have to do this.

Q: @CrowfallGame #cfquestions Bane Circles (in SB) helped narrow down a time my city could be attacked/defended. Any similar mechanic plans?
A: @TheScree @CrowfallGame yes, we're using similar siege mechanics: windows of protection and vulnerability.

Q: #CFQuestions Will there be fast travel? Or is @CrowfallGame going to make travel actually matter once again?
A: @_Teekey_ @CrowfallGame resources require caravans. if we do any fast travel, there will be a steep cost.

Q: #CFQuestions In update 19 we saw many prebuilt structures for our EKs. Are all buildings prebuilt? Is it the same in the campaigns?
A: @W101Cal the smaller buildings are pre-built. larger structures (citadels, palaces) are enclosures that contain room for smaller buildings

Q: @CrowfallGame @jtoddcoleman #CFQuestions Read about less focus on heal mechanics, any plans for temp health buffs/shield type skills?
A: @BATCLAM @CrowfallGame all of those are available from support classes. just no "firehose" healers.

Q: #CFQuestions Curious if power-leveling will be a thing of the past in Crowfall. Thoughts?
A: @hsghafoor @CrowfallGame it doesn't really work in this system, due to passive training

Q: Will it be possible for a small guild to survive as a bandit band without holding down a PoI in the campaign? #CFQuestions
A: @powernone @CrowfallGame in some campaigns, yes. in others, no. depends on rules and the strength of that group.

Q: #CFQuestions When a player dies, will they respawn completely naked or will they always have a basic armor set?
A: @_Teekey_ @CrowfallGame how much they lose depends on ruleset. our "naked" still looks armored, though, because naked is goofy

Q: #CFQuestions Will weapons and armor be bound to the player when equipped, or are we allowed to trade/sell our old equipment freely?
A: @Streaksyd @CrowfallGame no, they aren't bound to the player. do whatever you like with them.

Q: #CFQuestions @CrowfallGame can the mounts be trade? for eg, tame a mount, lvl up it then sell it
A: @Himblerk @CrowfallGame yes, you can trade them. and craft figurines for trading, too.

Q: Do you have plans for customizing guilds beyond name/ranks/heralds? Perks? Guild Banks? Specialized vs General?
A: @TheScree @CrowfallGame in SB, I felt very strongly that we needed themed guild type (Noble House, Ranger's Sanctuary, etc) but most players ended up in the ARAC (all race, all class) guild types anyway. I didn't really see a good way to solve that, but now that we have Artifacts, I have an idea that might work well. So, I'm going to see if I can work it into the design

Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions What does FFA mean for Dregs? One individual winner, or can a guild win?
A: @zenjah @CrowfallGame it's still a guild-based team structure. FFA just means you can whack your guildmates.

Q: #CFQuestions @CrowfallGame will be a one mega server? or multiple servers? or a server per region? or multiple server interconnect between
A: @Himblerk @CrowfallGame each Campaign World and Eternal Kingdom is a separate world. Each of those worlds is seamless.

Q: @jtoddcoleman @_Teekey_ @CrowfallGame Can resources still be combined into materials (and the reverse)? #CFQuestions
A: @trynthlas @_Teekey_ @CrowfallGame yes, they can be combined and broken apart. but the conversion is extremely inefficient/lossy.

Q: #CFQuestions I'm assuming anyone can eventually build a villa/manor etc just the higher pledges get them sans initial resource cost?
A: @lordelrond @CrowfallGame yes.

Replies from Gordon (@PSWTyrant)

Q: Will there be additional opportunities to purchase/win Alpha Keys or is it solely to Kickstarter Backers? #CFQuestions .
A: @SheldonCentral @CrowfallGame We will sell bundles with them post-KS and probably sell them individually at some point.

Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions the Eternal K. will be one per account or one per character?
A: @Himblerk @CrowfallGame One per account, all characters share the same EK

Q: #CFQuestions Any chance pre alpha will be expanded a bit? Or was your original intent to only have the 20ish diamond+ backers initially.
A: @lordelrond @CrowfallGame Pre-alpha is for very, very early testing, and we don't need a lot of people. We may sell this access later

Q: #CFQuestions Any talent tree type systems for player customizations for their Archetypes/Disciplines?
A: @estone907 @CrowfallGame the disciplines are a branching mechanism. but otherwise system is flat.

Q: #CFQuestions Do you sell Crowfall to other countries too?
A: @celevie123 Yes, Crowfall will be available worldwide for sale.

Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions will you be able to pay taxes on parcels in the ek without resources from campaigns?
A: @EricMTGcast @CrowfallGame No. But you can get them from players that participate in the campaigns.

Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions Will europeans/backers be able to upgrade to a collectors edition?
@NickcSchneider @CrowfallGame You will be able to buy the Collectors Edition separately sometime after the Kickstarter

Q: #CFQuestions I've seen a lot of questions about the ruby custom heraldry. Will an ACE artist actually help draw/design it? Or just import.
A: @lordelrond Just import and make sure it's not terrible/offensive/violating someone's property rights

Q: @CrowfallGame #CFQuestions Can victory conditions entail eliminating a single target, such as one specific player?
A: @Edoniveus @CrowfallGame Unlikely. The nice thing about campaigns and rulesets is they can evolve over time though.

Q: #CFQuestions Will we be able to purchase a custom guild heraldry option in the future?
A: @Swordroll Yes. Either through the extended creation options or a custom one being added to the game (very pricey for the second)

Q: #CFQuestions Is it possible there will be more races added to the game? Like Goblin assassins or orc berserkers
A: @pop81 Highly likely over time.

Replies from @CrowfallGame

Q: @CrowfallGame @PSWTyrant #CFQuestions What value are structures going to bring for defense/offence? or is it just for show/breaking?
A: @shadowrahl @PSWTyrant Very important! Hard to hold land without a fortification.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Todd, Gordon, and Thomas are going to be on Crowns and Crows (9PM EST) & Gold and Glory (8PM EST) podcasts tomorrow.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Draegen, tomorrow when they're on the podcast, I have a potential question you can ask regarding the procedural generation.

Thomas Blair had this to say:

Yes there will be a cost to building the EK's (nothing is free) however from our perspective this is the same core tech we are using for the Campaign worlds. We plan on using same Tetris piece overlays to make the Campaign worlds POI's, ruins, castles, work. In a crude example: imagine a big giant box of Tetris pieces and the campaign worlds grab a handful of them when the world is generating, drops them down and then fills in the remaining space with smaller pieces.

We have to spend the time to make them already, this way we get lots of re-use out of them for those who are interested in the EK portion of the game.
Does this mean that 'Tetris tiles' are procedurally generated at the beginning, and then the world built with these QC'd created pieces? In this instance, it seems less 'random' because eventually you'll learn the pieces and know what to expect.

Or is the world going to be fully procedurally generated, and then handcrafted Tetris pieces (similar to plots in the EK) placed into the world?

Just something that might be worth digging in to, if you have the time.

Thanks!

I'd mostly like to know how they're going to keep gigantic Korean zergs from winning every campaign like they did in Shadowbane.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Does this mean that 'Tetris tiles' are procedurally generated at the beginning, and then the world built with these QC'd created pieces?
Except those tiles aren't procedurally generated, they're handcrafted.

That's what we saw in the vid (if you looked at something else than the alluring female figure used for marketing). The 3D artist building one of the tetris blocks for a village. I assume the houses themselves can differ, but the overall tile is going to be static.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'd mostly like to know how they're going to keep gigantic Korean zergs from winning every campaign like they did in Shadowbane.
I forget the name of the server I was on but it wasn't Koreans who ended up controlling the server. There was a savvy group who made a "free city" where they leveled all the trainers to a couple below max. They left the trainers open for anyone to use. They funneled that money in to their pvp guild and leveled their pvp city locked to guild only and leveled all their trainers to max in no time. Their defenses were impenetrable. It was a really smart political decision and they dominated for quite some time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have an idea for the podcast: dont ask EK questions.

There is way too much bullshit about the EK and its like asking what professional ball players are going to do in the off season.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

There is way too much bullshit about the EK and its like asking what professional ball players are going to do in the off season.
If there is going to be something that divides the community it's going to be EK's or rather the importance of them. Judging by the questions in the post above, there is obviously a sizable portion of the playerbase thatdogive a shit about EK's. His answer on reliance on campaigns for resources (players can buy resources from other players who participate in campaigns) obviously allows certain players to bypass campaigns entirely and play barbie playhouse if they have financial resources to do it. It also creates a viable market.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

I agree. There's so much you can say about EK that ultimately does not impact the core gameplay. I just hope they make the EK's really flexible and to where people can be creative as they were with EQ2 housing. Landmark is the extreme and I just couldn't get into but I can play EQ2 housing all day. It's just unfortunate you need money or time to tradeskill to keep the addiction going.

I really just want all the information I can get about PvP. I want to know how PvP will impact the game overall. I don't want PvP to be meaningless or something that does not have consequence. I've seen a lot of good idea on paper that ultimately did not work out (examples... WAR and Rift). It's not that PvP were awful in these games it is just they were either flawed from a overall design standpoint or were annoyances than anything.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
EK's are going to be the serious cash cow for them so I hope they do a good job with it after the PVP is done. In Wildstar my guild had like 10 dudes who rarely left their housing plot and spent hundreds of hours working on perfecting everything. They spent tons of cash on CREDD so they didn't need to play the game and could keep buying housing shit.

My hope is the EK people keep the game profitable for those of us who want to pplay the PVP part.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Draegen, tomorrow when they're on the podcast, I have a potential question you can ask regarding the procedural generation.

Thomas Blair had this to say:

Does this mean that 'Tetris tiles' are procedurally generated at the beginning, and then the world built with these QC'd created pieces? In this instance, it seems less 'random' because eventually you'll learn the pieces and know what to expect.

Or is the world going to be fully procedurally generated, and then handcrafted Tetris pieces (similar to plots in the EK) placed into the world?

Just something that might be worth digging in to, if you have the time.

Thanks!
It's going to be a little of both.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
This week's episode:

We actually talk about EKs for a good portion but more on the import/export aspect. We also talk about how people are dumb about thinking what the EKs are and putting all their hopes and dreams into them.

Vitality

HUSTLE

I'm with Tuco on this one, I'd really like to see more stuff about campaigns and maybe get Tom B to budge on telegraph deets and possibly weighted camera positional movement delay.