Crowfall

Binkles_sl

shitlord
tumblr_lly6eubhZP1qija35o1_500.gif

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Wow the last quarter of the combat chat video makes it seem like the game is currently a shooter. Hopefully that sticks!

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Backed... looks like it's going to be fun.

I got a message from them that there was something wrong with their website and they changed billing providers. So if anyone else was having a problem it should be fixed now.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know. It looks like another Lineage/Aion clone by the looks of it.

Sure, characters look awesome and there's apparently a ton of abilities, but..

Carl_sl

shitlord
I think the difference is there's going to be reason to do something other than crash into the same castle over and over.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can see he is trying to talk slower and enunciate everything. He is a designer not a spokesperson and while he is doing a damn good job of it (Spokesperson) he is still trying to moderate his own excitement. Just my opinion of course, but that is what it seems like to me. They probably threw that together in a few minutes and I bet behind the scenes he was hopping up and down like a schoolgirl on a bag of gummy bears and Mt. dew about how good that looked.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't know. It looks like another Lineage/Aion clone by the looks of it.

Sure, characters look awesome and there's apparently a ton of abilities, but..
That comparison makes no sense at all. How is it a Lineage Aion clone? The closest MMO you could compare it to would be something along the lines of AOC or Darkfall.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never played Lineage but I played the shit out of Aion for a while. Yeah having the whole fire thing is just like it. Damn them for lighting things on fire, the damn idiots stole that from asian games. Unoriginal jackoffs!

In fact why the hell are they even bothering to make a game, they are stealing everything! The whole idea of characters, and a knight, GOD DAMNIT, why the fuck can't they do something new!

I bet they will even have a walking mode that no-one will use. And completely cliche ideas like people coming back from death. You should only have one life then have to buy a new account, I swear the worthless designers these days.

</sarcasm>

The confessor powers looked cool, it does have more of a Tera feel too, and I like this! If you have not tried Tera in the last year or so give it a try again for a bit to get a feel, this does look a bit like the sorcerer already but with a major fire bent rather than fire ice and force like Tera's.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the confessor looks cool. I like that her casting is a giant "caster here" beacon.

Yeah, the confessor looks cool. I like that her casting is a giant "caster here" beacon.
Since it's pretty easy to spot the confessor I was thinking you could alternate between the dash and the fireball abilities. Assuming stamina can regen fairly quickly.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
That comparison makes no sense at all. How is it a Lineage Aion clone? The closest MMO you could compare it to would be something along the lines of AOC or Darkfall.
Visually, it reminds me of Aion/Lineage. Totally, the how toons are made, how toons and their abilities have like this awesome look that gets old in the first 3 minutes of playing. I'm not saying it couldn't turn out to be a great thing. I like the fact that practically everything is going to be player made and the player items will be the driving economy, so there won't be a gazillion of NPC's selling everything you need to make a Tier 10 weapon. If they're still cool with that when it comes towards launch phase.

Srathor_sl said:
The confessor powers looked cool, it does have more of a Tera feel too
Tera is essentially Lineage 3 source code stolen and redone. So you just agreed with my assesment that it looks like Lineage/Aion
smile.png

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Visually, it reminds me of Aion/Lineage. Totally, the how toons are made, how toons and their abilities have like this awesome look that gets old in the first 3 minutes of playing.

Tera is essentially Lineage 3 source code stolen and redone. So you just agreed with my assesment that it looks like Lineage/Aion
smile.png
The only similarities I'm seeing is that the characters are stylized, colorful, and not very gritty, the characters of Crowfall and Aion/Tera are massively different however.

rrr_img_105774.jpg

TERA

rrr_img_105775.jpg

CROWFALL

rrr_img_105776.jpg
rrr_img_105777.jpg
rrr_img_105778.jpg
rrr_img_105779.jpg

Crowfall art is very "clean" and westernized when compared to the Korean art, and visually they are quite different.

A more similar art style would be Blizzard's Overwatch or Gearbox's Battleborn.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are stoneborn I think. Of the earth and from the earth. Sounds like proper dwarves to me.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I was commenting purely on the aesthetics of the dwarf avatar. As Carl said, you cant just shrink a human, throw a beard on him and call him a dwarf.