Crowfall

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I thought the retiring packages and new 2016 info was new. (I must have missed it earlier...)

Never mind, carry on.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
New Hunger Dome Alpha build. Mobs are in. Chests are scarce and loot drops off mobs now. They are also tough, very tough. Like EQ vanilla tough. Groups of 4-5 and you can que into groups at the loading screen. Trees and land are colored and such. Makes it look much less surreal. Fighting is a little floaty but with fighting mobs control is much much better, combat has more animations as well and has some weight to it. PVP fights are still pretty brutal, people die fast if they are just mashing buttons like me.

Very good money spent in my opinion.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
was giddy with anticipation to see that there was an Australian test server seeing as how latency driven action games are and then so disappoint when the only server they brought up for the test was in Virginia. I suppose the combat seemed like it would be fun had I actually got to really play, but the lag made it nearly unplayable.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
was giddy with anticipation to see that there was an Australian test server seeing as how latency driven action games are and then so disappoint when the only server they brought up for the test was in Virginia. I suppose the combat seemed like it would be fun had I actually got to really play, but the lag made it nearly unplayable.
Sorry you live in such a shitty place for playing video games.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I've held out this far and haven't been keeping up with the game for my own sanity. How is it?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's playable, very alpha still. Impressed they are this far already, though. It's really tough to tell what the hell is going on and what any ability is doing right now, but I think that would be the same with any MMO dropped in at high level.

Overall enjoyable to see, though the movement is god awful right now. It reminds me of like Starsiege Tribes 2 with 500+ ping.

EDIT: Reading the forums, apparently for the test all movement is being kept on the server to better monitor everything. That means the client sends filtered keyboard commands to the server, which then moves, then responds to the client to update position information. Knowing that it feels fine, it should clean up well once they move it to the client like every other MMO so it feels cleaner playing it.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I really wanted to play this weekend but being on sat internet for the next couple months makes playing MMO's impossible.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You're not missing much besides validation that they aren't on the CIG/RSI timetable.

I'm still considering upping to Sapphire but I'm also still going to wait until the next build at least.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If controls weren't wonky as fuck the game would be actually fun to play. You still are fighting against the control scheme atvthisbpoint.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
If controls weren't wonky as fuck the game would be actually fun to play. You still are fighting against the control scheme atvthisbpoint.
I'm glad I had the opportunity to check it out (and they're making great progress) but it's just too frustrating to invest much testing time on my end. Once they clean up the controls though, I'm going to play this one for a long time.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I still get the perception that this game will be won or lost by the long-game. They have a good core design philosophy, enough to be able to play it or at least 'suffer through it' if the treasure chest at the end is worth it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure what you mean, but I think that unlike other MMO PvP games this game will absolutely need compelling gameplay in order to sustain a playerbase. In other MMO PVP games we'll get abused by any kind of game mechanic just to compete with our fellow players and win. But after that progress is reset and we have to do it all over again? It'll get old very fast.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was really enjoying the knight's block ability, collusion detection, and that chain pull. Survived one match by just throwing RMB shield block near the end as everyone beat the crap out of each other at the center diamond circle of death.