Crowfall

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
that sounds pretty cool. A bit morbid bringing cadavers into a battle ground in case you want to inhabit them but still a cool idea.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think in the Dregs. You die and it takes 10 minutes to get a new vessel kit it out and head back. Attrition is real! If you do not have a vessel stored in the campaign world then maybe you don't come back. Then your vig is lost and you start over in the world with nothing, no class skills no gear, just your account level skills. Maybe you build up bodies over time and if you run out game over, start over loser.

Yeah kinda a cool reveal, could have epic vessels that have a higher skill cap, that would be good loot for someone to take from you on your defeat, they have to build it up before it would be useful and that would also mean risking losing it making it possible for you to revenge it back but it now has lost all that time you invested.

Could also be frustrating as hell.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of the things they mentionned is digging up a basic vessel at the graveyard or whatever. Guess it all depends on the rules of the campaign.

I guess on full pvp campaigns, it'll be kinda like UO back in the days where you'd ask someone to TP you to rez up, then you just TPed to your house, took a non magic katana and halberd, a pouch of 20 of each regs and you were ready to go again. Shit didn't take long, other than the TP from a guildmate which could take longer than usual. Most people didn't bother using actual good gear cause death was so common, but depending on who you were fighting and how likely it was you'd die, you'd sometime hit up the "good chest" and get those katanas/halberd of vanquishing with deadly poison on them and the big pouch of 200regs of each with magic trapped boxes to prevent stupid thieves from stealing your shit.

Anyway it's interesting mechanics and shit, implementation is what will matter in the end though. Game's still way too far from release for me to care too much about what they're doing atm.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One of the things they mentionned is digging up a basic vessel at the graveyard or whatever. Guess it all depends on the rules of the campaign.

I guess on full pvp campaigns, it'll be kinda like UO back in the days where you'd ask someone to TP you to rez up, then you just TPed to your house, took a non magic katana and halberd, a pouch of 20 of each regs and you were ready to go again. Shit didn't take long, other than the TP from a guildmate which could take longer than usual. Most people didn't bother using actual good gear cause death was so common, but depending on who you were fighting and how likely it was you'd die, you'd sometime hit up the "good chest" and get those katanas/halberd of vanquishing with deadly poison on them and the big pouch of 200regs of each with magic trapped boxes to prevent stupid thieves from stealing your shit.

Anyway it's interesting mechanics and shit, implementation is what will matter in the end though. Game's still way too far from release for me to care too much about what they're doing atm.
That's kind of how I feel regarding the vessel system, I trust they'll sort it out and make it fun.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game has so many instances within instances within vessels within different rules within instances, it's like they're developing an Inception MMO.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
One of the most concerning issues for me is we have a relatively small studio, making the hardest type of game to make, and they seem to have huge huge feature creep problems.

The first lesson to learn from EVE before you steal the ruleset or anything else is that having a really solid base is what you need before you waste resources putting 100 features on top of it, especially when you are small and can't afford to have a whole bunch of half finished projects get scraped.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Lolwut feature creep? the vessel reveal is what a lot of us were hoping for when they unveiled the skill system and archetypes. Really its the only logical conclusion to using a time based skill system.

I expect they will roll out more and more eve-like features as the game goes on. in a game like this, Expansions are for features, there is no need to add new land masses, levels, raids, etc. all you need is New skills, new skins, new systems, new mechanics, etc.

I hope they follow eve's path, roll out larger vessels like giants and shit to be siege weapons as they roll out more advanced defenses, forts, towers, etc. Thats your first expansion or two right there.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea if anything the setup so far seems ideal because it's a lore-centric 'wall' between realms and content as opposed to these assholes:

rrr_img_121570.jpg

They really only need to make EK and one world work initially to start and then as they fix stuff and iterate through they can add all the new variations and content.

Woolygimp

Combat is very visceral as far as bodies actually having weight. You can't strafe and skate around as if you're character is floating on air, if you're running straight it takes time to turn and if you leap... you're pretty much feel like a fully armored axe-wielding champion jumping 10 feet forward. There's collision detection, and a lot of different abilities. All-in-all the combat could really be amazing because it seems to have a very high learning curve, and once they flesh out the animations and netcode it should be a lot of fun.

There's tons of combo's and counter combos, and each archetype seems to have their role. Knights can pull people with a hook, taunt, block with right mouse. Mages can summon tornadoes, and cast AoE, and use a blink to stay alive. Champions swing a big ass axe around, and knock everyone on their ass.

I'm not going to lie...I died to the very first creep I encountered, as a champion, twice.

There were 1-6 abilities, each with combos that could go one of two ways and have another two finishes. So pressing 1 would fork you into going into two routes, each having two different finishes. Then there's right mouse, left mouse, C, etc. Quite a lot of abilities, but not a lot of keys.

Mobs dropped decent armor, and if you wiped an enemy group you got their gear. If you lost teammates, they were gone. It was single elimination. There was a fog that would creep up on you, ala hunger games, and force everyone to congregate in the middle castle or die.

Woolygimp

Anyone else here a founder that wants to Skype/Group during the events so that we can learn and figure out the classes a wee-bit faster and stick it to the devs?

My skype is CNV2855.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Just got an email for a playtest today, dowloading the client now between other stuff. I have no idea how to play maybe I should look up something before I get slaughtered.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
The client side update felt great in game. Still work to do on combat but it's cool to see the system improving.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gordon Walton. Jesus. You guys should just stick the fork in it now. This idiot, tag teamed with Vogel, destroyed SWTOR and only now is it bouncing back without them there at Bioware. I had no idea this lunatic was involved with this project. He was supposed to be at Zynga - where MMORPG relics ultimately go to die. Why do people escape from Zynga? Keep them there. For God's sake keep them there.