Crowfall

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
No trinity and light in-combat healing =/
Hope the support powers dont mean a CC stun lock fest.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Pretty shitty on no trinity honestly. I hate systems where everyone can do everything like GW2. Disappointing, but it's early.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like the idea of little healing. With healers, it just becomes manadatory to deal with the healer first at all times. With support, it may be better to take them out first, but it's not necessarily required.

I'm not sure why people want/expect the Trinity in a PvP game.

The multiple worlds is interesting. Not implemented how I was expecting, but I'm willing to see how it works out. It will be interesting to see people allied on one world but enemies on another.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fact that the game has collision may change the way we loook at the combat. Shields that actually block you from getting to casters might be the number one reason they didnt want dedicated healers.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty shitty on no trinity honestly. I hate systems where everyone can do everything like GW2. Disappointing, but it's early.
Except they explicitly said not every archetype can do everything, and they're not aiming for perfect balance.

I guess we'll have to see how that pans out.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I was skeptical when I first read the FAQ, I drew a lot of EQN parallels. But given the lack of emphasis on group pve content, the fact they're not striving for class balance, the lack of class interdependence I.e. a trinity, doesn't matter as much as it would for EQN as most of us imagined it would have been before the sand art.

While I personally enjoy healing, I can understand their point regarding its deemphesis in this specific set of design choices and style of gameplay. I'd rather not see dedicated healers chain casting AoE heals in a siege setting.

So, no gain yet no loss on the hype meter for me, personally. With that said, non tab target/action combat with active dodging is a big plus.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact that the game has collision may change the way we loook at the combat. Shields that actually block you from getting to casters might be the number one reason they didnt want dedicated healers.
i cant think of 1 game with collision this hasnt been mentioned. So far, no luck in any of them.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Someone alert Tuco that PRX needs to roll on the Dregs FFA world

rrr_img_89165.jpg

I'm guessing this is like EVE's Highsec, Lowsec, Nullsec though, with each world becoming more gay the further away from that miasma you get.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
i cant think of 1 game with collision this hasnt been mentioned. So far, no luck in any of them.
The only game I can think of that had collision was Warhammer and they didn't have inertia at all when it came to falling arrows rocks or movement.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ok, ill explain why it wont work then.

To protect a group of casters using collision, youll need around 3x or more as many players blocking for them which greatly reduces their effectiveness. They cant move around very much, they just stand close together and block. For that to work a caster will need to do a very large amount of damage more than other classes for it to be worthwhile. Other than that, they already strongly suggested there will be flight so youll need even more players. All of that is also just a shitty player experience for those blocking while the ones in the back do the work. It just doesnt play out.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
So far sounds more intriguing than anything else pvp related out there currently.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I'm guessing this is like EVE's Highsec, Lowsec, Nullsec though, with each world becoming more gay the further away from that miasma you get.
That's my guess as well, it makes sense in what they have said. Copying the Eve model a lot here from the one server, the different "sectors", to the main form of progression being offline.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Combat sounds a lot like WildStar which was not that good. BG's were a clusterfuck of spammed abilities.

Melee is always a chore in free swing games, too. No healing means there is little reason to not be ranged. Skeptical gamer is skeptical.

Vitality

HUSTLE
After limited research this game is looking like a GW2 combat/world + SWG eco smashed together.

Is this not another take on the segmented pvp/pve world servers + multi-property material crafting?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Also:

Deer Cow Archetype?

rrr_img_89169.jpg

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
After limited research this game is looking like a GW2 combat/world + SWG eco smashed together.

Is this not another take on the segmented pvp/pve world servers + multi-property material crafting?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Also:

Deer Cow Archetype?

rrr_img_89169.jpg
Elkin. IDK wtf they do.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Elkin. IDK wtf they do.
Auto-buy, when's alpha buy in? If it's even close to the repopulation game wise (which I also played) I'll enjoy myself.

With lifesteal/life-on-hit as primary stats on gear and crafted materials I don't really care about primary healing classes.

I mean off the top of my head no real mmo has put lifesteal/life-on-hit to much effect (EQ necro maybe). My favorite class in the genre is Disciple of Kaine, which got close to that lifesteal feel, right up my alley.

Let's hope they don't gum up the works with Unity like Shroud of the Avatar is doing (Clunky movement/interface/software mouse).