Crusaders Quest (iOS & Android)

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone else into Crusaders Quest? It's a real-time puzzle action RPG with a great team-building element. Lots of gameplay mode options, from Storyline, to Co-op to PVP. Great difficulty curve. I'm having a fantastic time building teams with great synergy. I run a few different mixes -- my #1 setup right now is Archon, Robin Hood and No. 9, but I also like Leon, Nurspy & Robin, Archon, Robin & Mew, and Archon, Mew, Alex.

The pixel art is also gorgeous. Awesome free game that never feels pay to win.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I guess they share some similarities... in that they both involve characters attacking enemies... I've never played Heroes Charge though.

The crux of the action revolves around "Skill Blocks" -- you build a team of three characters, each with a unique skill + a special skill. As your characters make their way across the level, these Skill Blocks begin to generate randomly in succession. By tapping a Skill Block, you activate the associated character's skill. But here's the rub: you can wait for the same skill blocks to clump together, creating 2 and 3-chains. Activating these chained blocks will create even more powerful effects. You have to strategize your block usage in order to create the most powerful effect. But as you gain levels and acquire new heroes, your strategy will change based on hero abilities. For example, some heroes actually benefit from only using 1 block at a time, whereas others gain huge bonuses from only activating 3-chains.

Gameplay video (action starts at around 3:00, goes over the basics)