Crypt of the NecroDancer - Rhythm Dungeon Crawler

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty self-explanatory. The soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission. I love this fucking game.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Neal/Koibu on twitch streamed this on his last hour of his 120 hour stream. Can you add your own music?

ValkyrieIATD

Yerp -- you can fully customize each level of the game with your own music. Cool feature, but the OST is so boss that I'd only change it up as an occasional novelty. Seriously, the music in this game is impossibly good. If you like 16bit chiptunes with an electro-ey dance vibe, you will crap yourself with joy when you first play this game.

Szlia

Is there some form of syncopation in some tracks or is it isochronic all the time? bam - babam bam bam or bam bam bam bam? Because the latter sounds boring.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
....Wow. This is the first time I've seen my friend mentioned on this forum. Guess he is getting bigger.
That dude was a boss during the Intel Next Top Streamer challenge where the contestants had to stream a different game every hour. We're big fans of Cohh Carnage and Ezekiel_III but Neal doing 120 hours straight was just insane. I guess he's done several 90 hour streams so this wasn't too much of a stretch for him.

The Master

Bronze Squire
That dude was a boss during the Intel Next Top Streamer challenge where the contestants had to stream a different game every hour. We're big fans of Cohh Carnage and Ezekiel_III but Neal doing 120 hours straight was just insane. I guess he's done several 90 hour streams so this wasn't too much of a stretch for him.
Yeah, I hung out with him in Skype on his stream for part of it, it was pretty crazy.

ValkyrieIATD

Is there some form of syncopation in some tracks or is it isochronic all the time? bam - babam bam bam or bam bam bam bam? Because the latter sounds boring.
The standard levels are a steady beat. There are floor traps that can cause the beat to speed up or slow down. There are also boss battles and special stages that feature a syncopated beat.

90% of the game you'll be tapping to a steady beat -- but trust me when I say this: you want a steady beat -- you really don't want an erratic, syncopated beat when you're fighting hordes of enemies. It's nerve-wracking.

Also, the custom music option is AWESOME. Just for fun, I used Girl Talk's "Feed The Animals" as the custom soundtrack for the first 8 levels. It was hilariously awesome. NecroDancer has a special function built in that pulls the beat from your songs so everything is on point. Dropping into the first level while "Play Your Part pt. 1" hits was great...