Cyberpunk 2077

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
One of the best games I ever played even if the ending kind of blew.

which ending did you get? There are six.

Also, this is one of my favorite games. Lots of streamers and youtubers made money jumping on the hate train making it sound like a complete dumpster fire. They really talked about it like it was Aliens Colonial Marines, which is absolutely was NOT. CDPR's biggest mistake was old gen consoles. Should have been PC and Next Gen.

I've put about 400 hours into it (going for all achievements, latest playthrough on Hardest setting, which I would advise most players to use as it makes you focus on cover and stealth and smarter engagements) and I still am not tired of Night City. Would love to see CDPR stick with it.

- I felt bad leaving Judy at the dock. That was a moment where I realized how strong the character development is in the game

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I honestly fucked up at the end, I met to save V, but the way the sequence of questioning goes you have to make a decision when it arises, and I was thinking I could end up choosing whether to save V or Johnny at the end, which is kind of true, except the way they word the choice section is confusing, causing me to accidentally save Johnny.

It ended with him starting a relationship with some rando kid who he gives his guitar to before leaving town. Just terrible. I read about the other endings and its fucking stupid to have to wait 5 straight minutes during a dialogue exchange to open up the most favorable one.....like what the fuck?

I might do another playthrough, but I have logged 150 hours already so Im kind of luke warm on it. I only did that one playthrough though, so Im sure there would be a decent amount of shit to see the second time around.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Ive never really played any of the Witcher games. Do you need to play them in order, or can you go right to Witcher 3.
Go right to Witcher 3 and just read the wikis on any character he runs into that you’re suppose to already know.

The books are really good too btw if the world interests you.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It ended with him starting a relationship with some rando kid who he gives his guitar to before leaving town. Just terrible. I read about the other endings and its fucking stupid to have to wait 5 straight minutes during a dialogue exchange to open up the most favorable one.....like what the fuck?
I believe you also have to have chosen certain dialogue options during one specific quest (when you find where Johnny's body was buried). There's no real advantage from picking the other options, you just knock yourself out of seeing a set of endings yourself (not on Youtube) unless you replay the majority of the game.

I am all for choices mattering, but 'Did you read a guide ahead of time or did you fuck yourself?' isn't a choice, its just terrible design.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Will having watched the show help at all?
honestly, you kinda just "get" the story once youre playing w3, i too started cp2077 first and never did witcher but my wife did, she said just play 3, don't really need 2.

however i highly recommend using the quality of life mods, i was playing a few times and my wife is like "how come you don't sell shit?" and i'm like "oh i got unlimited carry mod" and shes like
"OMG"

• 1Worf
  • 1Genius!
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Will having watched the show help at all?
Kinda, although while I love Henry as live action Geralt, in-game Geralt will always be who I see when I read the books. Plus they try so hard to make the show have three equal leads, really the books are about Geralt and Ciri full stop. The Poles don't give a shit about PC/SJW/Woke BS. The show doesn't do a good job for me at least IIRC of letting you know how old Geralt is, how old the world, how recently humans came into, etc. I mean, there are surface handwavings but much more of a modern "colonizer/western people/white people=bad" than what I got out of the books.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Playing Witcher 3 after playing Cyberpunk just made me angry seeing the kind of game Cyberpunk should have been.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m playing through for my second time, so I like the game. But I’ve always thought they oversold the environment of a living breathing city. In fact, I think it’s one of the worst aspects of the game. The vast majority of NPCs don’t recognize you’re around, will say 3-5 words when you “talk” to them (or nothing at all), and have no personality, story, or meaning. It feels like they designed the shell but never bothered to load any type of AI.

The phone, messages, and map don’t really help. They really give the game a running errands feel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ive never really played any of the Witcher games. Do you need to play them in order, or can you go right to Witcher 3.
I read the books and played the first two games right before to get the full Witcher experience. Its not necessary at all for enjoying the third game. You could just watch one of those story recaps on youtube if you are curious about what happened before.

Brad2770

Does Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk have similar controls? I have both games, but haven’t got into them.

Cybsled

With the exception of the "Johnny takes the body" and the "evil" endings, the endings felt open ended and like there should be a part 2.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just downloaded this.

Any advice that doesn't require me to find a needle post in this haystack thread?

xoxo <3 <3