Cyberpunk 2077

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What were even the serious issues? I played through it fine on release and enjoyed the fuck out of it.
Certainly wasn't perfect, and had bugs, but no worse than any other 'aaa' title these days.
Me too but I played it on a PC and not a console like a peasant. No real problems. Was one of the best games of that year for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Me too but I played it on a PC and not a console like a peasant. No real problems. Was one of the best games of that year for me.
The stories were cool, and im not even a story dude myself in games. But the rest of the game was an unbalanced mess. It was pretty hard in the beginning for like the first 10 levels, then it got super easy and easier still with broken ass skills and weapons the further you went. Then towards the end of the game you were essentially god mode. Before they started nerfing it all months in, crit was off the charts in the cool tree if I remember right, sneaking with sniper and the OP silenced pistols was super fucking OP, all the fist "street fights" were broken once you got the power arms and some skill ups (forgot which tree) Katana was broken as all hell too and you didnt even have to spec much into it if you got the legendary one. There was the bug or "feature" where you could skip around town faster than any car, basically like superman jump.... THere wqas a vendor exploit with credits and copying items...(I know, single player game, but still) Armor mods were broken, you could essentially make yourself invincible with enough of the high level armadillo ones... It was just a mess. I still had fun, dont get me wrong, but there was tons of shit broken, unfinished, unbalanced, and bugged out. didnt even try the "hacking" shit with a play through but I heard plenty how that shit was broken as all hell too.

I mean why the hell did they essentially rework basically everything in this game over the years? From skills, weapons, skill trees, down to armor mod slots, and armor mods and everything in between.

All that being said im looking forward to playing this again, they way it should have been from the beginning, more polished, more balanced and now with more content too.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I haven't heard, will we be able to respec stats outside of the patch respec? Or more to the point, do we still get perk points from skill level ups? That character builder assumes a flat 80 perk points, and I didn't think everyone got a flat amount prior, due to different stats granting different skill counts / perk counts, depending on just how your stats were allocated.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Skills have infinite respec. Attributes you get 1 respec per playthrough. So if you plan to use an existing character for the DLC, you can redo your stat points due to the changes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't mind starting from scratch but remembered that the Johnny story gameplay was abit of a drag.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't mind starting from scratch but remembered that the Johnny story gameplay was abit of a drag.

The opening story is pretty cool but after running it a half dozen times you get pig sick of listening to your buddy trying to persuade the lady cop to let him past.

I tried to start up a fresh run in anticipation of the DLC but the games strength is also its weakness. There's so much shit to do that it's daunting starting all over again.

Burns

The opening story is pretty cool but after running it a half dozen times you get pig sick of listening to your buddy trying to persuade the lady cop to let him past.

I tried to start up a fresh run in anticipation of the DLC but the games strength is also its weakness. There's so much shit to do that it's daunting starting all over again.
Just like GTA, none of the "shit to do" matters though? It's just repetitive busywork minigames.

Burns

Ok? You have played GTA-style games before, yes?
I guess I need to spell it out?

The vast majority of the "shit to do" is optional. If he wants to get a certain spot in the story for when the Xpac comes out, you can just do half the main story in a fairly short amount of time.

You don't need to track down any of the cyber-psychos. You don't need to do any of the missions for most of the fixers, except maybe the first one or two, depending on who they are. So on and so forth.

I didn't find much of that side shit compelling and skipped most of it. Yet I still had a fine time with the game.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

The vast majority of the "shit to do" is optional. If he wants to get a certain spot in the story for when the Xpac comes out, you can just do half the main story in a fairly short amount of time.

You don't need to track down any of the cyber-psychos. You don't need to do any of the missions for most of the fixers, except maybe the first one or two, depending on who they are. So on and so forth.

I didn't find much of that side shit compelling and skipped most of it. Yet I still had a fine time with the game.
This is all very true. However, if you go in with this mindset, then you really wouldn't be complaining about the daunting level of stuff to do. I prefer to give Grizzlebeard Grizzlebeard the benefit of the doubt in thinking he's played these types of games before and he's just more of a completionist than a main-story bee-liner. Given that mindset, Cyberpunk actually gives you a crap ton to do even before you leave Watson.

Burns

This is all very true. However, if you go in with this mindset, then you really wouldn't be complaining about the daunting level of stuff to do. I prefer to give Grizzlebeard Grizzlebeard the benefit of the doubt in thinking he's played these types of games before and he's just more of a completionist than a main-story bee-liner. Given that mindset, Cyberpunk actually gives you a crap ton to do even before you leave Watson.
Sure, but if you have already done the completionist thing once or thrice, hopefully you can tone that down if the goal is to get into a basic, yet more customizable, jumping off point for the DLC.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Sure, but if you have already done the completionist thing once or thrice, hopefully you can tone that down if the goal is to get into a basic, yet more customizable, jumping off point for the DLC.
I don't know Grizzle well enough, but I can say that personally, I have a VERY hard time turning off that completionist mindset..... those icons on the map are just SO TEMPTING!

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm glad I stopped playing when I think it came out around Christmas time a few years ago. Was getting into it, having fun, but got busy with other things and shelved it. Think I only did maybe one or two main missions, and I don't remember a damn thing.

Excited to play it when the expansion launches and basically going in fresh. Looks like I'll get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know Grizzle well enough, but I can say that personally, I have a VERY hard time turning off that completionist mindset..... those icons on the map are just SO TEMPTING!

Yeah, totally. Once you've played it through fully, like acquired every car/apartment and closed off every encounter marker I find it difficult to go back and ignore all of that including most of the pretty awesome story arcs (crucifixion dude, Peralez, Stadium Love, Grenade Nose, etc).

They did remove or shift locations on a load of the legendary weapons and armours though so I guess that's even more of a hook to find them again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man the best stuff in the game were the side quests.

I'm back in on a subsequent playthrough and up to where I meet Hamako so going to stop here - still have Rivers quests, Delamains and a few other major ones. I saw a video that said doing the Hamako portion with the xpac released opens up new endings tying into the expansion so will sit on these quests until next week to see how it ties in. Going from Starfield to this game is crazy - I liked Starfield, but everything good about that game is done better in this game. Quests are better, story's better, world building is better, freedom to travel around and do stuff is better, graphics are 3 times better and the character models and animations are significantly better as well. Sans ship building (which is indeed very cool), this is a much better place to inhabit as a game world and feels much more fleshed out. I hope the expansion builds on the base game in meaningful ways and gives us another good story.

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm restarting, and redoing everything. I have a single playthrough when the game came out and love it.

I don't care about redoing everything. I often complain I'm old and slow, in this case I'm old and forgot just about everything so it will feel all new to me. Guess it's a benefit of old age, you can replay stuff and it still feel like the first time. :)

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

There is an option to bypass a lot of stuff and go straight to the DLC apparently.

Also for you guys starting over before the patch drops, if you use mods it could fuck up your save. Making it unusable after it drops.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did these guys end global warming? I've noticed it has gotten much cooler outside!

Maybe I'll give them more money? Nah, mission accomplished and I wish them luck in future endeavors.

• 1Edgelord