Cyberpunk 2077

Cybsled

I jumped in with my leveled character and have been having fun. Apparently some rewards for base game got changed. Like the below item you apparently can get from Regina for free if you do all the Cyberpsycho quests now. I was able to buy it off a Ripperdoc eventually, although it cost over 100k.

This thing is fucking amazing paired with the Apogee Sandevestan or Berzerker build - can basically keep the Sande up forever if you want

1695875569126.png

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bot the dlc, but still deciding whether to dust off my old character and jump into dlc or start fresh

Does it still mesh if you finished the game with an ending already?

I would think none of them would make sense, since you are still in night city and the dlc assumes you still have the relic in you and they can remove it. All the original endings either end up with you dead, stuck in cyberspace, in actual space or you left night city. This one seems to take place mid original story.

I would think with that , just makes sense to do brand new. Be real curious how they tied the ending of the DLC story to characters that already had an ending.

• 1Like

Cybsled

When you beat the game in base game and then it says "one more gig?", it just puts you at the point of no return again based on your game progress prior to beating the game, with some extra goodies. Canonically, the base endings were the endings, there isn't anything past them. You had the Nomad leave, the space station heist, Araska station ones, and Johnny ones (assuming you didn't do the suicide ending lol)

DLC is supposed to be a completely new ending (or endings, might be variations) and the DLC story/events takes place concurrently with the base game story technically.

On a side note, there is a new DLC gig where you have to help some cops. Depending on how it goes, later on one of them (Bill) calls you to check out his new business. Make sure you answer with the "I'll check it out later" or don't answer the text and just go to his store. If you answer with "I'll be right there", then the game bugs and his shop door is closed and you can't get in. I presume they'll fix it in the first hotfix/bug fix patch, but be warned. Apparently his shop sells some consumable that gives you a perma stamina regen buff.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Loving this expansion and it's easily my GOTY, which is remarkable in a year with so many good games (though City Skylines II might change my opinion). This is also vaulting into my GOAT discussion after the patch and expansion - the worst part of it to me is this is the end of CP2077, I think there is still a ton of meat on the bone but get why they're moving on after the disastrous launch. Going to switch my build up tonight, the melee build is too strong and even on very hard nothing is a challenge anymore when you pop berserk and can sprint around in digital camo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

While it sucks this is end until next cyberpunk game, I am happy they were able to claw back from a mostly unfair launch bomb (I’m still convinced without the ps4 version, game would not have been piled on so much). The core game was good, but these patches and dlc have really made it great. The anime also really helped in getting people to come back to the game

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have they ever come out and stated which ending if any are considered canon? Going full Corpo ending is brutal for the potential outcomes. Also curious if they’ll ever use “V” as a callback or recurring character.

Cybsled

They mentioned V’s story is done when asked about the future Cyberpunk game. Haven’t beat the DLC yet, but I presume they’ll either make the Nomad or Night City Legend endings canon if not the DLC one. They could always be coy about it too

“ya, this legend who went by V. They vanished years ago - some say they fucked off to the badlands, others say they went into space! One gonk even claimed that V’s body was taken over by the ghost of a long dead rockstar!”

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
They mentioned V’s story is done when asked about the future Cyberpunk game. Haven’t beat the DLC yet, but I presume they’ll either make the Nomad or Night City Legend endings canon if not the DLC one. They could always be coy about it too

“ya, this legend who went by V. They vanished years ago - some say they fucked off to the badlands, others say they went into space! One gonk even claimed that V’s body was taken over by the ghost of a long dead rockstar!”
I hope they would go with the vague story if they ever do reference V in a later game. No reason to invalidate players' choices since V is a retired character after this.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I love it when bad games turn into good games.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
worth the full price or wait for it to go on sale? I still have to finish BG3 , then there is Starfield / Armored Core 6 as well.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
worth the full price or wait for it to go on sale? I still have to finish BG3 , then there is Starfield / Armored Core 6 as well.

You can get the base game + dlc atm for 60 bucks. So basically getting the dlc for free. Very worth it imo.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Skip Starfield, and this is better than AC6.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah Starfield pre mods is a bit of a dud compare to this. Finish off BG3 and then get this.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
ok I'll get this next. I am in act 3 of BG3. 139 hours in, I see the gate that says 'Baldurs Gate' but haven't gone to it yet. Still trying to find Minsc. Enjoying the hell out of this game but real life health stuff makes me too tired to play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah starfield is a snooze fest. Im sure it will become something with player help, but vanilla is boring as fuck. This game has really good story shit, and this is coming from person who could give a fuck about story in games. Music is killer, and game play is pretty tight.