Cyberpunk 2077

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The DLC is set after the Voodo Boys questline in Pacifica but before meeting Hanako in Embers.

Ok cool that is exactly where I am at right now in the main quest line - next main mission is to meet Hanako in Embers but I got the point of no return message and noped out and started doing a ton of the side stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

You’ll get a phonecall from Songbird when you’re close to the walled off city where the DLC takes place - that kickstarts the whole DLC questline.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok cool that is exactly where I am at right now in the main quest line - next main mission is to meet Hanako in Embers but I got the point of no return message and noped out and started doing a ton of the side stuff.
You are ready.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Cyberpunk, in it's current iteration, is one of the best games ever made.

I generally like to finish a main story and move on, but like The Witcher this is one of the rare games that I always want to switch over to when playing a lesser game.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cyberpunk, in it's current iteration, is one of the best games ever made.

I generally like to finish a main story and move on, but like The Witcher this is one of the rare games that I always want to switch over to when playing a lesser game.
Thoughly agree.

My third playthrough was the same build as my first (Katana Sandevestan) and I didn't even care, I'll do it again too. It's just fucking fun double jump dashing and homing into a decapitation across a massive distance, then time is slowed so you slice everyone the fuck up, heads flying everywhere when time goes back to normal.

I'm playing BG3 and as good as it is, the Cyberpunk character animations and integration into the game are the best ever made. BG3 has two top tier songs but the entire Cyberpunk soundtrack through the whole game is insane. Cyberpunk has less choices but I think they are far more emotionally damaging.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I am back into this now after a long hiatus. Restarted a few days ago and am having a blast. I made a mistake of B-lining to the story missions without going through some of the side quests. Reached a point of no return (Vanilla game) and am now going through all the side missions and they are far better than most of the main story in my opinion. Some really great questing here. Now I am just basically "living" in the world and doing tons of the side missions that keep popping up and barely scratched the surface so far.

Once I complete the game, can I just launch right into the DLC? (Haven't bough the DLC yet)

Bought this a long time ago on my PS5 so it's the first time in a year this thing is getting any use whatsoever. Still don't miss PS essentials or extra or anything. Fuck that service.

However, I plat'd Elden Ring on my PS5 and with the DLC coming I am at a decision point. Guessing I would need essentials at $79.99 (Fuck that shit) to be able to have online capabilities with the DLC - so I am thinking if I have to pay $79.99 why not just buy the game on my Series X, start over and go through it all again and get ready for the DLC on that platform instead where I have Gamepass Ultimate until August of 2026 for literally $137 dollars (Thanks @Vorph for showing my the way)
I restarted this on PC after playing the original at launch on PS5 all the way through to the end and stopping. I had originally bought it on every platform but ended up playing it on PS5. My PS5 save was right before waiting with Johnny for the 5 or 10 min of silence to go alone into Arasaka plaza or whatever; I had done everything but the Parade mission. I am restarting on the PC from scratch and already notice vast, huge improvements to the start of the game; the fact there there are different starts to the game is a huge and welcome change from launch.

There may not be a game that has seemingly improved this much from launch to its final DLC. I don't think that Bethesda has the talent or the balls to fix Starfield like this, plus the issues with Starfield also has narratively would require a time machine as well as under the hood code work, not just systems overhaul. Night City is still Night City and V's story seemingly remains the same; Starfield would require more work than what has amazingly gone into this. It's unbelievable what CDPR has achieved.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not exactly new territory for CDPR. People idealize Witcher 3 but it underwent a lot of work post-release to get to where it is today and most of the praise people have for it is actually about the two expansions, not the base game. Aside from Velen I think the base game is actually a little bland.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
For those that like pistols, the Lexington X-MOD2 or whatever it's called that you win for placing first in the firing range contest is super good. Pinpoint accuracy, great scope, very little recoil. I think it's full auto, too, so you can still panic/hip fire it if someone tries to get in melee. Can also throw a Pax mod in it if you want to use it against Cyberpsychos or just play non-lethal. Despite revolvers having better synergy with headshots, I find myself coming back to it as my secondary gun if I find myself in situations where I don't want to snipe.

It's not exactly new territory for CDPR. People idealize Witcher 3 but it underwent a lot of work post-release to get to where it is today and most of the praise people have for it is actually about the two expansions, not the base game. Aside from Velen I think the base game is actually a little bland.

I was one of those people that tried to get into TW3 a couple times, but the combat didn't do anything for me, at least in the first 5 hours or so. I might try going back and giving it another try for a third time now that this game is fresh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started playing this again. Love what they did with law enforcement. I actually have to be a little careful. Kind of sucks when you try to help them and they turn around and start shooting you. I can no longer just go crazy in traffic, as damage to vehicles will call them in, after a bit. The world is still amazing...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Ya, the addition of MaxTac showing up when you start getting too murdery was a nice touch. They don't fuck around lol

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Also, I think it's a minor travesty that they didn't keep with an online co-op/live service version they were teasing before release. I know everyone is tired of "live" service, but imagining a world in which you and 3 buddies can go do Division/Destiny-like missions in giant Judge Dredd mega-towers, makes me erect.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also, I think it's a minor travesty that they didn't keep with an online co-op/live service version they were teasing before release. I know everyone is tired of "live" service, but imagining a world in which you and 3 buddies can go do Division/Destiny-like missions in giant Judge Dredd mega-towers, makes me erect.
I'd wager them chasing after GTA money was what got them in the fucked up spot they were at with the games release. Not that I wouldnt want to play that version, but still.

Cybsled

GTA:RP style stuff in Night City would have been pretty cool though lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
GTA:RP style stuff in Night City would have been pretty cool though lol
They aren't going away from Night City, they are just moving on to the sequel, Cyberpunk 2077 Orion. I suspect that many of the plans originally intended for CP2077 will be implemented in that, minus the awkward need to support PS4. Although by then, Launch PS5 will be "last gen"/long in the tooth as well.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I played this at release on PS4. Figured I'd try out the DLC on PC based on the feedback and stuff here.

So. Girl boss president, huh? How many hours in before she pegs me?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm itching to do another playthrough, but I'll wait until I get a 5xxx card and by then maybe the PSVR2 will be working pretty well with PC.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm itching to do another playthrough, but I'll wait until I get a 5xxx card and by then maybe the PSVR2 will be working pretty well with PC.
Well lets home consumer grade shit catches up to at least the 4090, first. Cause the shit that opens up the bottle neck sure as fuck isnt what I would consider affordable.