Cyberpunk 2077

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Vorph Vorph

Hope you haven't already killed Wesley Snipes/Blade. You can probably do this with any shard near a trunk though.

I tested it on my lvl 60 save and absolutely could not get him to drop a shard. Loaded up a lvl 58 save and he drops it almost every time. I have no idea what buggy ass coding they assigned to the shards but it's super gay and I don't feel bad about using this exploit at all. Took like 30m to get 100 more capacity. Not sure if there's a hard cap yet, but I guess I'd ideally want to calculate my end game cyberware build and subtract 50.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is much better than I expected. Low expectations due to the terrible release. Also playing 2.0, of course.

Gorgeous, amazing writing (I even read all the small notes/shards, never do that), really fun gameplay. Solid 9/10.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I now understand what was happening with drops.

Combination of the game auto-dismantling items that are inferior to your current level and many of the weapons you think you loot are actually schematics for making them.

As to the first, on a new playthrough I'm just about on blue items dropping currently which means anything white and sometimes green auto-dismantle. Uncertain if there's a toggle for this but I was doing Automatic Love and at one point you have no weapons and end up needing to pick up a gun from behind the bar of of a goon you've beaten down with your bare hands. Becomes slightly problematic when every white drop I picked up is insta turned into components while I'm getting no small amount of ammo thrown at me.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I just ran around looking for NYPD gangbangs. Killing the 3-5 peeps usually nets a skill or a credit shard around what felt like 33%. Not the fastest way for sure.

Vorph

Vorph Vorph

Hope you haven't already killed Wesley Snipes/Blade. You can probably do this with any shard near a trunk though.

I tested it on my lvl 60 save and absolutely could not get him to drop a shard. Loaded up a lvl 58 save and he drops it almost every time. I have no idea what buggy ass coding they assigned to the shards but it's super gay and I don't feel bad about using this exploit at all. Took like 30m to get 100 more capacity. Not sure if there's a hard cap yet, but I guess I'd ideally want to calculate my end game cyberware build and subtract 50.
I remember killing him and he was one of the ones that definitely did not drop a shard for me even after several reloads. This was well before 60 too. Kind of moot anyway, if you're going to exploit the car trunk bug just use the save editor to add the shards to your character directly instead. Especially if it means reverting your save by 2 full levels to do it in-game.

The UI breaks if you go over 400 so I think that's a sign that the devs intended for them to stop dropping at a certain point. Not sure why I seemed to cap out at 333, but I haven't looted any more since that one I got in Heywood on Friday. And looking at my savegame, I think it's strange that that was the only blue (+3) one I ever found.

I really hate how Edgerunner works. If I wasn't lazy I'd make a mod that set the chance to Fury at 5% the moment you go into the extra 50 capacity, and just leave the hp loss proportional to how much of it you use. Since I am lazy, I just use the save editor to add/remove Humanity so that I use the full 50 always. Maybe it's just playing as a Netrunner with smart guns, but I really don't see the need for much more capacity. I'm getting by with about 315 or so just fine right now (spec'ed out of Renaissance Punk and took away a few points of cap with the editor). If I had like 360 to work with I guess I could make a couple small changes, but I'm already at 1200 or so armor (plus Pain Editor and Neofiber) and it's extremely rare for me to die even on Very Hard. Only real sacrifice I had to make was dropping back down to Camillo RAM Manager instead of the iconic RAM Reallocator. At T5++ the only difference is the iconic recharges in 15 seconds instead of a minute or so with the normal one.

As to the first, on a new playthrough I'm just about on blue items dropping currently which means anything white and sometimes green auto-dismantle. Uncertain if there's a toggle for this but I was doing Automatic Love and at one point you have no weapons and end up needing to pick up a gun from behind the bar of of a goon you've beaten down with your bare hands. Becomes slightly problematic when every white drop I picked up is insta turned into components while I'm getting no small amount of ammo thrown at me.
Autodismantle only happens with white drops because those are broken guns (look at a tooltip before you loot it). It still works exactly the same way at L60 too. Anything green or blue on the ground will be looted normally and is never broken. White drops that stay in an enemy's inventory instead of dropping onto the ground aren't broken either.

I just ran around looking for NYPD gangbangs. Killing the 3-5 peeps usually nets a skill or a credit shard around what felt like 33%. Not the fastest way for sure.
It's definitely a weird system. I started up a new save on PC and I'm not sure why they implemented it the way they did. Especially since after 120+ hours in 2.0 I still don't really have a clue how the system even works. There's fixed drops in containers and off certain elites (except at some point the game just decides to shut those off too), there's random drops off enemies, and there's the NCPD hustle drops which only seem to happen when you're lower level. Why bother making it so convoluted, just stick them in fixed locations like Perk Shards and call it a day. At least that way everyone would have the same cap to plan a build around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
All of a sudden I’m crashing like crazy today. 3 crashes to desktop and two hard freezes in less than 90 minutes.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I remember killing him and he was one of the ones that definitely did not drop a shard for me even after several reloads. This was well before 60 too. Kind of moot anyway, if you're going to exploit the car trunk bug just use the save editor to add the shards to your character directly instead. Especially if it means reverting your save by 2 full levels to do it in-game.

The UI breaks if you go over 400 so I think that's a sign that the devs intended for them to stop dropping at a certain point. Not sure why I seemed to cap out at 333, but I haven't looted any more since that one I got in Heywood on Friday. And looking at my savegame, I think it's strange that that was the only blue (+3) one I ever found.

I really hate how Edgerunner works. If I wasn't lazy I'd make a mod that set the chance to Fury at 5% the moment you go into the extra 50 capacity, and just leave the hp loss proportional to how much of it you use. Since I am lazy, I just use the save editor to add/remove Humanity so that I use the full 50 always. Maybe it's just playing as a Netrunner with smart guns, but I really don't see the need for much more capacity. I'm getting by with about 315 or so just fine right now (spec'ed out of Renaissance Punk and took away a few points of cap with the editor). If I had like 360 to work with I guess I could make a couple small changes, but I'm already at 1200 or so armor (plus Pain Editor and Neofiber) and it's extremely rare for me to die even on Very Hard. Only real sacrifice I had to make was dropping back down to Camillo RAM Manager instead of the iconic RAM Reallocator. At T5++ the only difference is the iconic recharges in 15 seconds instead of a minute or so with the normal one.
I'd totally use a save editor but I'm a console pleb. Running samurai build so all the awesome iconic cyberware in PL puts the cyberware capacity I need at upper 400s. Noticed the UI issue, sometimes the capacity bar is just hidden on the cyberware screen. Pops back up when swapping things sometimes. Hopefully the UI error doesn't cause any major problems or corrupt the save, we'll see what happens!

velk

Trakanon Raider
All of a sudden I’m crashing like crazy today. 3 crashes to desktop and two hard freezes in less than 90 minutes.

Check disk space - the only crashes I have had with it were due to being low on space on system drive, clearing space fixed it 100%. I guess it has fairly large temp file requirements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
jesus did they massively up the XP for skills in this latest patch? getting skill ups left and right and shard drops.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Check disk space - the only crashes I have had with it were due to being low on space on system drive, clearing space fixed it 100%. I guess it has fairly large temp file requirements.
I dont know what it is thats going on in the background. I have a strix 4090/13900k setup and have everything racked up, just cause its one of the few games where the "racks" I spent on my system actually get put to use. The very first time I played Phantom Liberty, my system ran smooth with little to no frame drops. Each time Ive saved and came back a day or two later, the games performance seems to get a small bit.. worse. If I had to pull some shit out of my ass - I want to say that you're correct, but its not deleting / clearing that cache/space after shut down, properly. The games on my 2 TB 990 NVME, so space isnt a concern in the traditional sense. But just the overall health of the game seems to deteriorate a bit by bit.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I haven't touched this game since it came out and I only played about 2 hours of it due to the bugs and other issues. I've been hearing good things about it since the 2.0 patch so decided to give it another try. Anyone have a link or guide to a netrunner build I can try?

Vorph

I haven't touched this game since it came out and I only played about 2 hours of it due to the bugs and other issues. I've been hearing good things about it since the 2.0 patch so decided to give it another try. Anyone have a link or guide to a netrunner build I can try?
I made a fairly detailed post about a week ago about netrunner. Wouldn't recommend it though, it's easily the most boring way to play the game. I rarely quickhack enemies at all anymore, just kill everything with smart SMGs. Much faster that way, and still no real risk of dying. I guess that's the nice thing about PL increasing the level cap, at least it's much easier now to do two or maybe even three things well.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I'll echo what Vorph said. I ran a 2.0 netrunner for a couple hours but it gets pretty repetitive and requires much more buttons than just guns or melee. Zero cooldown sandevistan with the Errata Katana has been my go to, but there are definitely times when it's just easier to shoot/range something. Unfortunately sandevistan locks you out from using quickhacks.

Most of the 2.0 guides on youtube are focused on end game but you can pretty much follow them for leveling since gear names are the same and just get +gooder as they tier up.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As with the other guys, I dropped netrunning and started a fresh Nomad focussed around Tech (pretty much a given on all builds), Cool, and Body. Treating it like Joe Pineapples from 2000AD.

Sniping shit at range where possible or pistols close up. Attempting to kill everything with headshots. Tech sniper rifles aren't quiet though so after the first kill everyone runs at you and it's fun trying to pop all their heads before they close to melee range.

2775a28cbcbfc3d7dba5b6ac7cf75bd2.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The fuck. So go to start a new play through for Phantom Liberty and my control bindings have been reset. Go to rebind them and getting error messages for certain actions. Had to edit the config file manually to get it back to where I was.

Also what happened here? Not like it mattered.

1697355252821.png