Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Adult filter on ?
Nope.

1697441085922.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Female V is so much better than Male V with the voice acting, finally got Panam in bed and I'm wondering if it was worth it. Also I forgot to visit Meredith so I have to be careful which hotel room I go into so I don't cheat lmao.

Need to flip to my female save and get Judy into bed to compare romance options. Judy is one of the only people happy for you and with her shit together in the Phantom Liberty ending.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Female V is so much better than Male V with the voice acting, finally got Panam in bed and I'm wondering if it was worth it. Also I forgot to visit Meredith so I have to be careful which hotel room I go into so I don't cheat lmao.

Need to flip to my female save and get Judy into bed to compare romance options. Judy is one of the only people happy for you and with her shit together in the Phantom Liberty ending.

I fucked up the Meredit Stout bit this time round. Something I wasn't even sure I could do. I came out the building and the dude she'd had beaten up and tortured was there instead and she ain't answering her phone. No S&M shenanigans this playthrough sadly.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Panam leads too the happiest ending for V imo.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Panam leads too the happiest ending for V imo.

The Orbital one has the most hope I think. You may find a cure on the station seeing as their tech is so much more advanced.

The Nomad ending is V just accepting the inevitable and living their days out with the Nomads before they kick it.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Maybe. Don’t forget Mr Blue eyes is the one giving the job, the same “person” behind the Perez stuff (there is one cutscene where you can see Mr Blue Eyes chilling in the background like he’s G-man in Half-life). Some people theorize he’s a blackwall AI that took over a person, or working for them at least

The Legend ending is also kind of lonely - you effectively get dumped before your mission and you’re by yourself at the end.

The Nomad ending does have some hope - Panam mentions a lead and mentions all the stolen Arasaka tech they got from Mikoshi. Plus Panam and Judy both stay with you.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I finally got around to finishing this myself.
1) I thought the espionage feel (including the Bond-ian credit sequence) really differentiated it from the main game. The level of tech the setting has should make spoofing identities very easy, and no one should be sure who they're actually working with.
2) I disliked that most of the side gigs were coin flips as to if you picked the 'right' option - give me non-mandatory activities that reveal what's actually going on or skill checks I can pass to determine the truth of the scenario. Having 50% of your options being against your wishes is just nihilistic. So is having a number of the 'good' endings resolve with the people involved dead regardless (the SovOil related gal gets killed in an unmarked spot on the map, and the farmer bomber presumably gets captured and gives you up, as V will later get ambushed).
3) Speaking of nihilistic, the new ending. Yeah, I get it, Johnny's song he plays to Kerry to prove who he or she is is "Never Fade Away", and V ends up fading away. Hah hah, very punk. But Arasaka gets knocked off their throne even in the new ending, so for the world as a whole, the Devil ending is still worse, so why does everyone (other than Judy and Misty) end up getting shafted the most here?
4) Also a bummer that 2079 is just the epilogue. AIs are confirmed to be loose in meatworld (the blackwall tech crafting mission) at least, so hopefully that's still the main thread, whenever and wherever Orion is set.
5) I have mixed feelings on the combat, as it funnels you into a handful of playstyles to be effective (short range cool stealth, long distance alert everyone and hope you pick them off in time tech sniper, melee range body berzerk, etc.) given the increased difficulty. Some of them only really start working well at higher levels too - e.g. I'd love to see the shenanigans you have to pull off to have the Level 15 character you start with in Phantom Liberty survive on Very Hard as a netrunner when Sonic Shock doesn't pacify groups yet.

Edit: 6) The game is still buggy as hell, both new and pre-Phantom Liberty bugs that still exist. My Nomad still never had Beat on the Brat trigger even after completing PL, and my Street Kid still hard locks up at various spots on the map when the system tries loading something up (probably NPC model related) even after installing PL. (It's not computer related as I completely reinstalled the base game, ran a fresh Nomad up to 50 doing everything but the last Beat on the Brat fight, then installed PL, and I still hang in the same spots on the map.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Orbital one has the most hope I think. You may find a cure on the station seeing as their tech is so much more advanced.

Well its too bad we won't see or play it in the form of a DLC seeing how Phantom Liberty is CD's last dlc and they move on to bigger things like the next Witcher game and wash their hands clean of this game.

Maybe they should have been taken notes from Hello Games and how their handled their game.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
AFAIK, there wasn't even a mention. The year ticker in one of the Phantom Liberty trailers lists 2079, which made many of us assume Orion would be set then, but now that we know the epilogue is set in 2079, I don't believe there's even any hints as to Orion's setting.

Cybsled

I still presume they would set it post Cyberpunk 2077. Especially if the focus is on the Blackwall

Chris

Potato del Grande
Played through most of the game as Netrunner with Smart Weapons and it isn't good. Making me want to quit.

You can stealth kill people really well for stealth missions, but combat is terrible.

Problem is that you can slowly learn and retry stealth missions on any build, but you can't learn fights better and win as a weak as fuck netrunner.

I had to turn down the difficulty from Very Hard to Normal for the fight BEFORE the Spider Tank, I didn't dare do the Spider Tank itself.

Katana/Sandevistan Reflexes/Body build is 100% the best for offense/defence. It's just a question of which third stat and ranged weapon to go for.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You're doing something very wrong if any fight besides Chimera is a challenge on very hard as a netrunner. Hell, I barely even use quickhacks anymore (just smart SMGs, 3x Yinglong) and I still can't really be killed.

I'm actually kind of curious if I could have one-shot the Chimera too had I fixed my build prior to heading to Dogtown.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You're doing something very wrong if any fight besides Chimera is a challenge on very hard as a netrunner. Hell, I barely even use quickhacks anymore (just smart SMGs, 3x Yinglong) and I still can't really be killed.

I'm actually kind of curious if I could have one-shot the Chimera too had I fixed my build prior to heading to Dogtown.
What exactly do you do? I'm using Yinglong.

Issue was the fight before it with the elites.

I don't have a lot of health stuff so maybe that's it.

Vorph

Tetratronic Rippler deck, then do the 1-2-3-4 combo of Sonic Shock, Short Circuit, Reboot Optics, and Synapse Burnout. KOs anything but the Chimera and Adam Smasher in one queue. (Edit: Chimera because you can't have the bugged crit cyberware at that point and even that probably isn't enough to take it out, and Smasher will just barely survive one wave even if you do use it against him. In practice, almost everything except a handful of Dogtown bosses will drop instantly even without the bugged chrome.) Always use overclock against elites/bosses/top tier netrunners, everything else you can just queue up the sequence and you'll be refunded all but ~5 RAM because of the way the game refunds the cost when something you queued up doesn't actually go off (due to Short Circuit being more than enough to kill any normal enemy by itself).

As for the Yinglongs, I just have most of the smg perks and all of the smart gun perks. Don't need recoil and other shit that's just for power/tech SMGs. I have 3 of them to fill all the slots (used to only need 2, but the retarded change in 2.0.1 that makes you swap to your worthless arm cyberware made me add the third) and I just swap from one to the next whenever they get low on ammo so that Submachine Fun can do its thing.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tetratronic Rippler deck, then do the 1-2-3-4 combo of Sonic Shock, Short Circuit, Reboot Optics, and Synapse Burnout. KOs anything but the Chimera and Adam Smasher in one queue. (Edit: Chimera because you can't have the bugged crit cyberware at that point and even that probably isn't enough to take it out, and Smasher will just barely survive one wave even if you do use it against him. In practice, almost everything except a handful of Dogtown bosses will drop instantly even without the bugged chrome.) Always use overclock against elites/bosses/top tier netrunners, everything else you can just queue up the sequence and you'll be refunded all but ~5 RAM because of the way the game refunds the cost when something you queued up doesn't actually go off (due to Short Circuit being more than enough to kill any normal enemy by itself).

As for the Yinglongs, I just have most of the smg perks and all of the smart gun perks. Don't need recoil and other shit that's just for power/tech SMGs. I have 3 of them to fill all the slots (used to only need 2, but the retarded change in 2.0.1 that makes you swap to your worthless arm cyberware made me add the third) and I just swap from one to the next whenever they get low on ammo so that Submachine Fun can do its thing.
Thanks, haven't been using that combo. Was using contagion and fire damage.

Problem is the fight before Chimera is like 10 elites...

Vorph

Thanks, haven't been using that combo. Was using contagion and fire damage.

Problem is the fight before Chimera is like 10 elites...
Should be able to get almost all of them in one Overclock. Depending on how much RAM you have, I'd try to take out 1-2 before activating, that way you can take advantage of the big heal from Power Surge.

BTW, don't bother wasting a point on Spillover, it does nothing. I don't remember if there were any netrunners in that fight, but Copy-Paste also doesn't work as far as I can tell. And this is more of a passive thing that you'll unlock eventually no matter what, but don't expect to be hacking people through walls with the Netrunner 60 skill either; it's completely busted. Only hack through walls thing that does actually work is Counter-A-Hack.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Panam ending is about equal with the Orbital, can’t remember exactly how it all gets pieced together, but the Nomads are working on relations with Biotechnica. The long game idea being that it could lead to getting a clone made for V from Biotechnica to upload him into.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Been saving the first panam mission. Damn dat ass while looking at the engine. Thanks CDPR.