Daft Punk

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
It’s....over :/
Sad day. Probably my favorite artists of all time. Their animated music videos on Cartoon Network are major nostalgia. I hope one or both of them continue to make music as they are amazing producers, and I know one of them did some good stuff on his own before as Stardust.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Best Danish band ever
I wonder if all your warnings are bc you can’t let shit go and carry it to other threads. Amod Amod please cleanup on aisle four.
8EA673E5-3056-4D73-B3B0-5D9F504443B5.jpeg

Looks like this sacred temple of DP is fair game.
Animated GIF

Last edited:
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, there hasn't been any good sets from them on YouTube. Someone just uploaded one four weeks ago.

Shame to see them break up.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Homework syncs with Transformers: The Movie (1986) and is kinda a prequel to Interstella: 5555

Both produced by Toei Animation.

Transformers are "robots in disguise". Daft Punk are two men disguised as robots.

If you start the album at the same time as the movie starts, then the crashing waves of Fresh should align perfectly with Optimus Prime driving across a bridge lined with open sewer pipes. Around the World should then kick in just as Astrotrain transforms into a space shuttle and leaves Earth for Cybertron.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
But then you lose all the Stan Bush. Sounds like a terrible idea.

you're in a Daft Punk thread complaining about the addition of Daft Punk to a classic movie, ok.

It's a significantly different experience to just watching the movie, I watch it like this at least once a year. You don't just lose Stan Bush, you mute the movie altogether - so no dialogue, no sound effects.

Even the parts which don't explicitly sync (aka most of the film) are irrelevant, because your attention is focused only on the animation and the music. Everything else (plot etc) is stripped away.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Homework syncs with Transformers: The Movie (1986) and is kinda a prequel to Interstella: 5555

Both produced by Toei Animation.

Transformers are "robots in disguise". Daft Punk are two men disguised as robots.

If you start the album at the same time as the movie starts, then the crashing waves of Fresh should align perfectly with Optimus Prime driving across a bridge lined with open sewer pipes. Around the World should then kick in just as Astrotrain transforms into a space shuttle and leaves Earth for Cybertron.

it's horrible

• 1Mother of God

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
you're in a Daft Punk thread complaining about the addition of Daft Punk to a classic movie, ok.

It's a significantly different experience to just watching the movie, I watch it like this at least once a year. You don't just lose Stan Bush, you mute the movie altogether - so no dialogue, no sound effects.

Even the parts which don't explicitly sync (aka most of the film) are irrelevant, because your attention is focused only on the animation and the music. Everything else (plot etc) is stripped away.

You took my post way too seriously man.

gauze

Molten Core Raider

1645568403381.png

edit cus i forgot.. but they streamed Alive 1997 in its entirety.. and they also opened a reprint for homework's 25th anniversary.. which is sold out now? Managed to snag myself a vinyl copy. If I had to choose my #1 album, Homework is definitely it. Alive 97 is probably close second favorite daft punk album.

Last edited:
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users