Damned - 5 Person Online Horror Game

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I was cruising around Steam yesterday and saw something up on their front page I hadn't seen before. It was only 10 bucks so I figured what the hell. The premise of the game is pretty awesome.

There are 5 players on any given host server. 4 players are survivors armed only with a flashlight, stuck in a haunted house, while they try to find keys and such to find their way out. 1 player is a monster chasing down the 4 survivors to kill them. There are going to be various maps and monsters down the road, and it's pretty slim right now with one haunted house and one monster tye, but it is still hilariously fun to scare the crap out of people while being the monster.

As a monster you have two forms. Ghost form and real monster form. In ghost form you are free to travel the house freely. There are items around the house called traps. As a ghost, you are able to activate these traps so they go off when a player goes near the object. These are planks of wood, grandfather clocks, radios, steam heaters, lights, toilet, etc. When a player walks by a trap you will know where they are (if you listen well enough) - the traps also scare the shit out of the survivor. As a ghost, you cannot see anyone. When you get close enough to a survivor, you will have the ability to morph into a tangible monster which slices it's victims.

Here is a game play video with the typical picture on the right of the screen of the players running around while being stalked. Complete with shrieking kid.

DAMNED - Horror Co-op Game with LAGx - YouTube

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So been playing this a little bit more last night. They have now added more maps (An insane Asylum, and a Warehouse) and another monster you can play called the Phantom. The Phantom just appears when you are within range of a survivor. One shot kill for the most part.

Not sure it is going to be everyone's cup of tea. I seem to be the only one of my Steam friends that like it. But I am also the only one that has ever played it. there isn't much to the game. Basically as a survivor you explore the areas with creepy music playing trying to find keys and such to escape the place you are in before you are killed by the monster. With more monster/map variation now, it's a little better.

I have a drunk gaming weekend planned this weekend so if you are interested in laughing a lot and facepalming, Add Utnayan on your Steam friends list.

The game is early alpha access and is around 10 bucks I think. I have definitely gotten my ten bucks out of this but you have to appreciate certain games. Imagine The Ship, if you have ever played that, but now with only one killer and a haunted/weird atmosphere depending on the map.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This sounds like it's right up my alley. Is there a healthy population playing?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This sounds like it's right up my alley. Is there a healthy population playing?
Yeah you can always find a game. I am taking a half day so I may play more today/tonight. Whats your Steam ID?

Also, there is no voice chat so it makes it fairly more creepy.

Caliane

Not something I would trust to be well balanced beyond the first 3 plays.

Like L4D. Both sides just cheese back and forth after the first few times you play.

I guess that is the point though. Not meant to be replayed, just an experience game, you only play a few times.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Not something I would trust to be well balanced beyond the first 3 plays.

Like L4D. Both sides just cheese back and forth after the first few times you play.

I guess that is the point though. Not meant to be replayed, just an experience game, you only play a few times.
Well, there really isn't anyone to balance. The four survivors have flashlights and cannot fight back. They need to find keys to get out as soon as possible. Their only defense is running and hiding. The monster itself has limits. For the phantom, you have to be within about a five foot radius before they show up on your screen to kill them. For the monster, you need to be within a radius to actually spawn. But even then the monsters run speed is walk. It cannot run. And if the survivor gets far enough away you des pawn and get put on a Respawn timer.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Played this with some friends and some randoms. Its okay but once you get down to the last survivor it can become extremely tedious especially if you're the one that is dead.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I bought this awhile ago, played it a few nights. Its truly a early access game, a lot of the features needs to be put in still. The biggest problem I feel is that the host has too much of an advantage if your ping is over 120. Anytime I've been the monster and the host was not new, I ended up chasing them around a table or something forever. I'd be in melee range, but I could never actually hit them due to the ping. Non hosts were no problem, same ping for both parties.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Yeah, while this looks promising I'm hesitant to buy it in its current form. As a general rule I try not to "pay to alpha", but I'm going to keep following it to see how well it gets fleshed out.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Played this with some friends and some randoms. Its okay but once you get down to the last survivor it can become extremely tedious especially if you're the one that is dead.
Yeah this is definitely true. Had this happen last night.

Oh well, if anyone wants to play a few rounds hit me up on Steam. Game weekend is about to commence. I only get about one a month.