Damsel (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 4 Votes
Title: Damsel (2023)

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo

Cast: Millie Bobby Brown, Nick Robinson, Robin Wright, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Angela Bassett, Ray Winstone, Brooke Carter, Rui M Tomas, Ulli Ackermann, Erickson Dos Santos Gomes, Ricarda Clay, Esther Odumade, Sonya Nisa, Ricky Guillart, Nicole Joseph, Brogan McFarlane, Elmano Sancho, Sam Sharma, Mens-Sana Tamakloe

Release: 2023-10-13

Plot: A dutiful damsel agrees to marry a handsome prince, only to find the royal family has recruited her as a sacrifice to repay an ancient debt. Thrown into a cave with a fire-breathing dragon, she must rely on her wits and will to survive.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Angry Gravity Falls GIF by Disney Channel
Woman Man GIF
compton ready to mingle GIF by AD

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kroenen

Regimen Morum
The middle part of that trailer is literally footage ripped right from The Princess trailer... which was Hulu? Didn't know you could do that.
You can't. Must be a fan edit posted by MBB on her youtube channel. i'll edit my post and replace it with the correct one.

Caliane

i mean, visually it does look good. But there is no way the script isn't going to just be hilarious propaganda.

over/under on the dragon being female and she makes friends with it, because women help women, and she returns to her home burning all her family and friends alive in a true girl power moment of no responsibilities?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

My own comment has gotten me thinking of how awesome Dragonslayer was and how sad this movie will be

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I hope the dragon wins at the end. Can go ahead and skip the first 30 minutes.

Last edited:

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not much to say about this, wasn't great. We didn't turn it off, but it went to background mode pretty quick. The CGI and environments were alright in some areas. Shohreh Aghdashloo is a good dragon voice. Aside from that, pretty forgettable.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Not much to say about this, wasn't great. We didn't turn it off, but it went to background mode pretty quick. The CGI and environments were alright in some areas. Shohreh Aghdashloo is a good dragon voice. Aside from that, pretty forgettable.
Yep. Not good. Not bad. Essentially a non movie.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is the 1980s Dragonslayer better? Lol
Fuck yeah, it was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and it was honestly scary at times. Pretty gritty world and the effects still hold up very well today.

This looks like the feminist inversion of that classic. Free women built this Kingdom and do this honorable sacrifice blah blah blah.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database