Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Shit, I was going to post this one as soon as I got into work. Blueprint for Armageddon was fucking amazing. Listened to that whole thing last summer when I was working on new solar sites in the middle of the desert.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you like Hardcore History, there's another podcast called MartyrMade that you should really check out. It's not as strictly historical as HH. He does a lot of cultural and philosophical stuff. Obviously a very smart guy and the podcast just gets better and better. Currently it's on part 6 of a series about Jim Jones which doesn't seem like a topic worthy of 6+ multi-hour episodes but he ties it together with everything that was going on in the 60's with the civil rights movement, the Black Panthers, the Weather Underground, and a ton of other stuff. It's fucking amazing.

He also takes a long time between episodes, but he's faster than Dan Carlin at least. He only has 16 episodes total so far so it's pretty easy to catch up on. He kicked the series off with a 6 part series called "Fear and Loathing in the New Jerusalem" which was about the creation of Israel which was also excellent.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's frustrating that you have to wait a half a year between episodes. I've already forgotten everything I heard in the last episode by the time the next one comes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user