DAOC: Origins - New Server

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Zerkers dish out some serious pain. Any class can solo in DAoC, but pure melee will struggle. If you want to solo and actually feel like you are making progress I would recommend a hybrid, healer, or caster. Tanks, stealthers, and pure melee can all kick ass at end game, but if you don't have friends to level with your chances of getting to that point are slim. It will be slow going, and you will die a lot with those classes.

My advice is go with a class that solos like a pro, and if you like the game enough to stick around awhile use that class to fund something harder. Twinking out something like a zerker can make it MUCH easier.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
As long as all the battlegrounds are in leveling shouldnt be an issue. If i remember correctly you can level fast as hell in them. I'll go Skald if this really happens/midguard is the realm.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Guesses on most popular realm for this type of server ? While I always enjoy playing the underdog/less populated , I just can't do golf course Hibernia for some reason. I'd normally guess Albion would be most popular and go Mid , but wondering if old school players coming back might make Midgard more popular.

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Downloaded and ready to rock. I have never played DAOC more than the trial back in 2005ish. I have no idea about anything in this game and i'm pretty excited about that.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Guesses on most popular realm for this type of server ? While I always enjoy playing the underdog/less populated , I just can't do golf course Hibernia for some reason. I'd normally guess Albion would be most popular and go Mid , but wondering if old school players coming back might make Midgard more popular.
It is going to be Mid or Albion. My guess is Mid is going to be the zerg realm this time around. Mid always seemed to attract the old school pvpers and I imagine this server is going to be heavily populated with just that. Hiblets are likely in deep shit, and face a up hill battle since I imagine Albion will be ranked 2nd in terms of population. Group vs Group play won't matter much since all 3 realms are strong, but RvR is usually a numbers game. 300 vikings hammering the door down is pretty hard to stop with 30 brits/elves. :p

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't understand what advantage this server has over say, Uthgard which has been in development for years. I have a feeling that I'll end up just going back to Uthgard, but I'll check out Origins.

I have a 50 Skald on Uthgard, and will most likely be playing Mid on Origins.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Signed up, downloaded, installed, ready to go! Midgard hammer/shield warrior.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't understand what advantage this server has over say, Uthgard which has been in development for years. I have a feeling that I'll end up just going back to Uthgard, but I'll check out Origins.

I have a 50 Skald on Uthgard, and will most likely be playing Mid on Origins.
not having to compete against a bunch of level 50s for starters.

Reiker

If we can have enough of a solid, dependable group of people I'll play a Healer. Otherwise I'll play a Skald or a Berserker.

I'd like to go Paci/Healing from the start, but that's probably the only class/spec combination in the game with absolutely no ability to solo anything.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Also curious where the server is located.

This forum and the official forums indicate a HEAVY bias towards Midgarde.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
If I were to play this, I'd totally go Alb, because Friar is my favorite class in any MMO ever. I KICK ASS, FOR THE LORD!

Reiker

Friar is one of my favorite MMO classes of all time too, but they were never really included much in "serious" 8 man groups. I think they fit more of a non-stealth solo class, but not show how they are in that regards compared to say a Valewalker.