Dark and Darker

Xevy

Log Wizard
Real fun. A team of 3 is basically a must. Clerics are OP. 3 clerics is probably unbeatable. HOPEFULLY they extend, add a closed beta (I'd easily pay 10 bucks to get in), or add more gametest sessions in the future. Definitely really fun and this is probably one of those few games that has a vibe that just feels different than anything else. Like original EQ as a kid, or Skyrim, or something of that nature. You feel immersed without any sort of story or NPCs or lore or anything. It's great. Lotta good hijinks for group stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This is the most interesting thing to show up on my wishlist in quite a while. Too bad it is a year out. I'd probably buy into a closed beta on it. Seems like they may have been surprised by the positive reaction to it and hence have extended the test? Either that or they are still trying to find that bug.

How is this solo? I don't currently know anyone who is playing it.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Looks like... Rage of Mages?

edit: nope not Rage of Mages... wtf game was it. I feel like it was during the aol era, and had like 5 spell schools. Was a first person pvp based game.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Playtest has ended but they have another one scheduled for the 28th-30th of October. Single player is VERY rough and you want to play it more like a survival than a frag simulator as you're more than likely going to come up against parties of 2-3 people. They desperately need to add a solo Q which i think would increased the player base and alleviate a lot of peoples issues right now, but then that puts a much more focused emphasis on class balance. Right now Wizards seem to be support only and very clunky and some of the better classes are Cleric who are probably S tier and Fighter/Ranger and possibly Rogue are A tier behind it. Barbarians seem to be in a rough spot as their best perk I've seen is magic resistance but only two classes use magic and for one class it's pretty awkward to use.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The solo Q rogues were topping the leaderboards from what I saw. They did nerf them a little bit.

The game's a fuckin hoot. If you missed it this time, come on down in October. Definitely unforgiving and frustrating at first. Deceptively simple too.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
What riveting 1APM game play. I might have to get my dead grand parents on this to start their esports career.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah what a shame about copyright laws, they could slap a Blizzard logo on this and a sucker like you'd preorder it instantly.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Look I'm just really impressed that a game being made in 2022 not only ascribes to the style and game play of a 1990s tech demo, but is also progressive enough that if your gaming tools look like the below it doesn't put you at any disadvantage from those with full motor control. That's gotta feel good knowing the devs are putting into making such an equitable game. Personally I'm applauding and I don't know when I'll be able to stop.

png-transparent-graphic-bendy-straw-straw-drink-beverage-suck-sip-gulp-juice-glass.png
6455394_sd.jpg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Look I'm just really impressed that a game being made in 2022 not only ascribes to the style and game play of a 1990s tech demo, but is also progressive enough that if your gaming tools look like the below it doesn't put you at any disadvantage from those with full motor control. That's gotta feel good knowing the devs are putting into making such an equitable game. Personally I'm applauding and I don't know when I'll be able to stop.

View attachment 435505 View attachment 435506

Gotta turn off sticky keys.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Astute observation that this game is not Starcraft nor Valorant. Well done.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I want to like this game but the Skyrim combat kind of turns me off of playing it.

Like as a Fighter (or knight or whatever the melee class is) what is the variety on combat? Are you always just vertically swinging super slow?

Are their plans to have better animations?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Your weapon type determines your swing style.

1hand Sword - overhead
1hand Mace - overhead
1hand Axe - overhead
2hand Sword - Sideways cleave
2hand Axe - diagonal slash
2hand Maul - Sideways swing
Halberd - Wide swing

Rogue Daggers and Rapiers and Shit all thrust and poke for easy headshots, but at a closer range. Spears also poke, but I believe few classes, maybe even just the ranger who is specced into them, can use them.

This game is in a PRE-ALPHA state and it's literally a team of like 3-5 guys in Korea working out of a BJJ studio in a side room. There's miles and miles to go, but for a game that popped up out of nowhere, with no PR, and as a "gameplay test" that has such a decent quality about it right now it's very promising. Bloat and expansion may ruin everything, but who knows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wonder if he's up from his meth coma yet

He put up like 1000 kills by the end of the weekend and change

just looks like bunny hopping and spamming attack

I'm no stranger to reductionist tactics as a critic myself but u go try to wrassle that psycho and get back to me

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That looks like rogue being pretty overpowered though? He takes 2 hits of a 2H axe and is at 30% hp but kills the 2H guy dies in 4hits(which are much faster)? Or just headshot but the hit detection seems really fucking weird in what counts as a headshot.

Can't get past how combat looks really bad though, there's plenty of better examples to take for 1st person combat like Vermintide, Chivalry or Mordhau. Copying the stiff and slow as shit Skyrim combat seems like a stupid idea.