Dark Souls 2

nate_sl

shitlord
What the fuck are you smoking? Yeah, Demon Souls wasn't built with kb/m in mind, no shit, it was for console only. DS1 was originally for console only as well, and yet the kb/m controls for thatare better than DS2which was specifically designed with pc in mind. "Get over it" is not a valid argument, it's just an asshole comment. Having a double-click option, which forces you to add a wait-delay on single-clicks (even if you remap the double-click) is pants on head retarded in a game with fast paced combat like DS2. You can spout all the bullshit opinions you want, that is fact. Period.

Again, the only only complaints I've heard about the graphics are based on the downgrade from what was shown in gameplay videos and also present in the console network beta test. Personally, I would have liked them to remain as they were, but they are fine either way. So, anyways, stop bringing up graphics as some poor attempt at a strawman argument.
I wasn't talking to you or anyone else specifically, so get over your butthurt.

You said yourself that Demon Souls wasn't built for kb/m. Well dumb ass this has more or less the exact same control scheme. I could give two shits less about kb/m controls, because I would never play a game that was clearly intended to be played with a controller with a kb/m. If you want to, go for it. But your complaints about the controls are baseless to me. I play counter strike too... Do I care that gamepad controls suck for it? No, because that is not the way it was meant to be played.

I'm not engaging in an argument about graphics... Just stating my opinion of them. Get over yourself.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm not engaging in an argument about graphics... Just stating my opinion of them. Get over yourself.
The wording of your previous statement is in direct conflict with the above.

"The graphics are ok, if you were expecting great graphics because OMG PC PORT then I think you set yourself up for disappointment."

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Man, fuck FromSoftware in the ass.

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to save 20k souls after accidentally going into the Pursuer fight too early. After getting really frustrated I restore humanity, summon 2 guys to help, and proceed to get die to friendly fire from the goddamn ballistae before I can pick up my souls. How the fuck does it make sense that your teammates can fucking kill you during a boss fight.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Durability rate makes sense in light of the bonfire frequency, except for No-Man's Wharf.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I love these games, but man am I terrible at them. I guess I don't really mind the eventual non-respawning enemies, because eventually I get to the point that after wiping to a boss 20+ times, my run-back is easy with zero mobs in the way. Played this about 6-7 hours over the weekend, I think I'm level ~45ish, I've only beaten the first 2 bosses(the giant and the big charging knight dude. Giant was easy, knight was a bitch as melee).

I'm fairly certain that the Knight cursed me on one of my attempts, he impaled me with his big blue glowing sword. I'm assuming curses still last through death like in DS1? I can't seem to find any reference to the curse on any of the info/stat pages anywhere. How are curses removed here in DS2? I haven't seen anything yet to remove them in the first several areas.

The death/health mechanic seems odd to me. I'm not sure why they didn't just halve the base HP of everyone to begin with, and then maybe provide items to boost your HP temporarily. I've spent 99.9% of my game and both boss fights so far at 50% max health anyways.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Next time, grab your souls and then use a homeward bone.
I know that is an option, but after 2 hours I wanted to beat the fucker and almost did several times. I like fighting the bosses, it is the goddamn retarded mechanic of letting teammates accidentally kill/intentionally grief you in a game that is already punishment heavy that makes me irate.

nate_sl

shitlord
The wording of your previous statement is in direct conflict with the above.

"The graphics are ok, if you were expecting great graphics because OMG PC PORT then I think you set yourself up for disappointment."
Damn, caught red handed! You win the semantics war. My whole post was technically an argument, but this is an internet message board, not a dissertation.

I was stating my opinions of the game and responding to general critiques I've heard throughout this thread. I was not responding to any specific person or critique. This is evidenced by the lack of quotes in my post. Good luck with your m/kb, and sorry the game sucks for you.

Needless

Toe Sucker

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to save 20k souls after accidentally going into the Pursuer fight too early. After getting really frustrated I restore humanity, summon 2 guys to help, and proceed to get die to friendly fire from the goddamn ballistae before I can pick up my souls. How the fuck does it make sense that your teammates can fucking kill you during a boss fight.
time to disconnect all forms of network connections and hide from the big bad online world!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

It makes sense because your rage makes us happy. Don't feel too bad, I ragequit several times this weekend.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I love these games, but man am I terrible at them. I guess I don't really mind the eventual non-respawning enemies, because eventually I get to the point that after wiping to a boss 20+ times, my run-back is easy with zero mobs in the way. Played this about 6-7 hours over the weekend, I think I'm level ~45ish, I've only beaten the first 2 bosses(the giant and the big charging knight dude. Giant was easy, knight was a bitch as melee).

I'm fairly certain that the Knight cursed me on one of my attempts, he impaled me with his big blue glowing sword. I'm assuming curses still last through death like in DS1? I can't seem to find any reference to the curse on any of the info/stat pages anywhere. How are curses removed here in DS2? I haven't seen anything yet to remove them in the first several areas.

The death/health mechanic seems odd to me. I'm not sure why they didn't just halve the base HP of everyone to begin with, and then maybe provide items to boost your HP temporarily. I've spent 99.9% of my game and both boss fights so far at 50% max health anyways.
The Pursuers curse is just an attack effect that drains like half your hp for that attack only. No after effect.

Get the ring of binding from the Tower of Flame, and never go below 75% health again. It's easy to get.

Column_sl

shitlord
Looks like they fixed the high refresh monitor issues so I was able to launch the game.

Have it all on max settings, and the game is very smooth at 60 fps.

Looks way better then the console version imo.

nate_sl

shitlord
AFAIK, curse effect has the same effect as death. Your total hp goes down the same amount as it would for dying, and you go hollow. There is no other lingering effect. I believe if you get killed at the same time as being cursed it would in effect be equal to 2 deaths. It can be "cured" with an effigy.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I have started the cleric.

Shit is classic.

Did the wrong area and cleared it with only 3 deaths per my usual DS startup. Dem old knights lol, so easy to farm.

Going back to the right area... I'm King Kong in the jungles with the mace.

(Cleric on startup thx to pal Budos)

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I have started the cleric.

Shit is classic.

Did the wrong area and cleared it with only 3 deaths per my usual DS startup. Dem old knights lol, so easy to farm.

Going back to the right area... I'm King Kong in the jungles with the mace.

(Cleric on startup thx to pal Budos)
what mace are you using?

I have the "you are not qualified to use this weapon" response on every mace in my inventory, except the little candlestick lookin thing that casts my heal spell

how the fark do I improve my ability to use the maces in my inventory?

my playtime this weekend can be summed up as

rrr_img_65624.gif

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
what mace are you using?

I have the "you are not qualified to use this weapon" response on every mace in my inventory, except the little candlestick lookin thing that casts my heal spell

how the fark do I improve my ability to use the maces in my inventory?

my playtime this weekend can be summed up as
Need to use the mace in both hands until you get a few levels into strength.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It makes sense because your rage makes us happy. Don't feel too bad, I ragequit several times this weekend.
Yeah, this game is all about the ragequit and elation afterwards. I tend to dismiss the braggarts who say how easy things are, or talk about how few deaths they had. You either are getting your ass beat down or you are full of shit or co-oping the game.

I've had zero issues with the PC version so far. I can empathize with the KB/M ire, but overall it seems far better than the initial DS1 release to me.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I figured out why I find the game boring. DS1 was a good mix of strategy and manual dexterity. You fucked up and died, you figured out why and changed your tactics and/or improved your skill at combat. DS2 is 100% manual dexterity and I've never found pressing buttons quickly to be all that thrilling. All the added difficulty is just gamey shit. Slow the hero down, speed the mobs up, and throw 3, 4, 5 at you at a time.

I also wish weapons were balanced better. Normal sized weapons vs 2h type weapons. 2h's get much more damage and far greater range, and what's the trade-off? A few more milliseconds of recovery time? I can't really tell.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Raes: Pursuers (and other) curse attacks give you one death worth of bar lost, cured by effigies like always.

Only time it won't is if you're at max HP penalty already.