Dark Souls 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You've never tried Barbed Club(s), Defender Greatsword/Shield, Chaos Blade, Sacred Chime Hammer, Chime/Bow of Want, Moonlight Greatsword, etc.? Not to mention the spells like Crystal Soul Spear, Flame Weapon, and Sacred Oath.

There's a ton of trash from boss souls, but also some of the best stuff in the game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I lied, I bought the pursuer's greatsword. I don't use any spells when I play, and power-stanced/shielded my way through the game

Vorph

Powerstanced barbed clubs is $$$$.

Sacred Chime Hammer was my favorite boss soul weapon though. So much more fun than using a stupid great club for 2H style.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What? I used the drangleic sword most of the game and then a great club at the end
I pretty much exclusively used boss weapons because I thought they were so much cooler than the boring generic weapons. Smelter sword, curved dragon gs, both Fume Knight swords dual wield, etc.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found the difficulty of Bloodborne's levels on a par with the Souls games, but the bosses were significantly easier. DS 2's dlc is the hardest content I've seen in any of the games.
The fact that you can heal yourself by damaging the bosses is a huge difference in the few Bloodborne boss fights I've done so far. In Dark Souls if you get hurt too often, you need to find an opening to heal.

One thing I don't get, why did they even bother with a torch timer? I'm watching a stream right now, NG, not even on the first of the four bosses, torch timer 3 hours already...

Vaclav

The fact that you can heal yourself by damaging the bosses is a huge difference in the few Bloodborne boss fights I've done so far. In Dark Souls if you get hurt too often, you need to find an opening to heal.

One thing I don't get, why did they even bother with a torch timer? I'm watching a stream right now, NG, not even on the first of the four bosses, torch timer 3 hours already...
Torches used to be far rarer in DS2 vanilla - like all the pre-spawned ones were there but there wasn't 200 of the torch carrying dudes that drop them with a 20-30% rate. It wasn't too rare to be running 25-30 min of torches at most in vanilla - going over 1 hr was an outlying case then.

Vorph

You have a limited time window to leech heals in bloodborne though, its only a few seconds
That, plus you also need to do a visceral to get it all back; normal attacks only chip away at the yellow part in small amounts. And you lose it all instantly if you get hit again. Trying to rally on a boss is great when it works, but it is very risky and almost always better to just drink some blood.

Torches used to be far rarer in DS2 vanilla - like all the pre-spawned ones were there but there wasn't 200 of the torch carrying dudes that drop them with a 20-30% rate. It wasn't too rare to be running 25-30 min of torches at most in vanilla - going over 1 hr was an outlying case then.
Vanilla DS2 had the lighting engine they downgraded between beta and release and it never really got dark enough to need a torch anyway. Pretty much only needed it for that one shitty zone with the wooden platforms.

Vaclav

I'd agree - just explaining them being rarer. They're definitely sensible in light of areas actually being dark besides the Gutter/etc now.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
even in vanilla I had more than an hour of torch, but that probably was because all the torches you got in the game were only needed for the gutter. Neither version needed a torch timer

I'm amazed Torch timer isn't tied to FPS. It would be amazing to see people defend that.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Double dipped and yeah... the durability issue is as bad as i feared. It's pretty much impossible to progress from one bonfire to the next without switching weapons. The issue is even more annoying now with the new added mobs. I just don't understand why this is even in? I mean the whole durability thing doesn't even add jack shit to the game, it's just annoying on the level item burden was in Demon's Souls.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I didn't have an issue with durability once I got the ring that slows down degradation (which you get pretty early). Now I don't even worry about it.

Vaclav

I didn't have an issue with durability once I got the ring that slows down degradation (which you get pretty early). Now I don't even worry about it.
I don't even use the ring - mix in a little magic, keep stuff upgraded, don't use things with stupidly wide sweeping attacks like halberds... wowsers I never even weapon swap besides when I go to a completely different mode.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Doesn't change the fact that someone needs to alter their play style due to a bug that's been out for a couple years

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The durability but was game-breaking in the beginning, then I got used to it... then I get to Brightstone Cove. I'm breaking two weapons on the way to Duke's Dear Freja. Pretty unacceptable. I bring repair powders but if I swing at four spiders, kill three and have to swing again - through three corpses - to kill the fourth, that often destroys my weapon before I get any UI warning that it's in danger. Gonna have to farm the area out.