Dark Souls 2

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Seems bugged recently with preorders that it won't give a definite date on when you order it - just adjust the shipping time to something else then back to 2 day and it updates correctly.
I guess more specifically, they used to do $0.01 release day shipping - is that long gone?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes, that went the way of the dodo, and the $10 store credit they used to give for pre-ordering most games. Now it's only free if you have Prime.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
heh.

Mine does. I tend to rock the Pharis Hat or nothing most of the time, unless I temporarily need to raise one of my resists. Might throw on something heavier for the occasional boss fight.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
List of bosses:

Soul of the Pursuer Soul of the Last Giant Dragonrider Soul Old Dragonslayer Soul Flexile Sentry Soul Ruin Sentinel Soul Soul of the Lost Sinner Executioner's Chariot Soul Skeleton Lord's Soul Covetous Demon Soul Mytha, the Baneful Queen Soul Smelter Demon Soul Old Iron King Soul Royal Rat Vanguard Soul Soul of the Rotten Scorpioness Najka Soul Royal Rat Authority Soul Soul of the Duke's Dear Freja Looking Glass Knight Soul Demon of Song Soul Soul of Velstadt Soul of the King Guardian Dragon Soul Ancient Dragon Soul Giant Lord Soul Soul of Nashandra Throne Defender Soul Throne Watcher Soul Darklurker Soul Belfry Gargoyle Soul Old Witch Soul Old King Soul Old Dead One Soul Old Paledrake Soul

Ornstein is back again too.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sigh... No release day shipping from Amazon. I'm a sad panda. I'm tempted to cancel my order and pick it up locally but I know I should be focusing on midterms next week...

For those asking above, for me Amazon has always worked like this: I have Amazon Prime (split between myself, my sister and her boyfriend). All games are guaranteed 2 day shipping for free. Most high profile games get an automatic update to Release Day shipping for free as well (Call of Duty, Halo, even Final Fantasy and most other big name game). However, it doesn't look like Dark Souls 2 is high enough profile for Amazon to be upgrading these to Release Day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I switched my shipping options around and it seemed to go to release day shipping like Vaclav or whoever said. It was weird and made no fucking sense. Originally said I would get it on 3/13 but now it says 3/11 even though I have two-day shipping selected.

Vaclav

I switched my shipping options around and it seemed to go to release day shipping like Vaclav or whoever said. It was weird and made no fucking sense. Originally said I would get it on 3/13 but now it says 3/11 even though I have two-day shipping selected.
I can't take complete credit - someone mentioned it when I made a similar complaint in another thread - was just relaying what someone else told me in that one (I think Vorph, but not 100% sure and too lazy to check).

Vaclav

Most important quote from that is that it implies they're tuning it properly for KB/M for PC - no half-assed must use a controller shit.

Vorph

Unless they can magically make your keyboard into an analog device, a gamepad will always be vastly superior in any game like this. I'd say your best hope is that it's playable without a tool like dsmfix to disable mouse smoothing/acceleration.

Vaclav

Unless they can magically make your keyboard into an analog device, a gamepad will always be vastly superior in any game like this.
I'm dubious, but we'll see what they manage, it should at the least be PASSABLE before it wasn't remotely passable even.

Vorph

DARK SOULS II for PC and Steam is coming on 25th April 2014!
PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Unless they can magically make your keyboard into an analog device, a gamepad will always be vastly superior in any game like this. I'd say your best hope is that it's playable without a tool like dsmfix to disable mouse smoothing/acceleration.
Yup. I think there's no chance they'll implement it without smoothing, acceleration, inverse acceleration or mouse lag.

Having a mouse is somewhat better in Dark Souls when you're exploring and need to look around unfamiliar areas quickly. But a gamepad is much better when you're dancing with bosses / tough mobs, which is the hard part of the game.

edit: Maybe I'm wrong, I've never seen a group claim they're going to get kb/m to work 'perfectly'. Perfectly means hardware mouse control which for some reason many developers stopped bothering with (Its absence ruined bioshock for me. Thanks Unreal)