Dark Souls 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This was my farming spot once I had gotten there. Killed the two Royal Sentinels inside and then the ones that were right outside the door. Took a couple of minutes to kill them all then just use Homeward back to the fire and started all over again.
I farmed here too, you can shoot both of the large sentinels with a bow on the ledges as an additional option without them even going agro, killing these plus the couple knights vendor sells arrows just around the corner if you go that route.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So whats better with Faith? Strength or Dex?
I'm debating which of the two to roll out with sunlight blade. I like the idea of using one of those giant ass clubs +15 with sunlight blade, but I also like the idea of balder swag sword+15 with sunlight blade. Ho hum.

Usually I went the same sort of route but with Int/dex to enchant richards rapier/swag sword, but faith should be different so i can rock a big ass 2her

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm debating which of the two to roll out with sunlight blade. I like the idea of using one of those giant ass clubs +15 with sunlight blade, but I also like the idea of balder swag sword+15 with sunlight blade. Ho hum.

Usually I went the same sort of route but with Int/dex to enchant richards rapier/swag sword, but faith should be different so i can rock a big ass 2her
If you go faith, str/dex don't really matter much if you're using faith based weapons (Divine / Occult). Dex will effect cast times though.

Also, the Divine Ember is super easy to get right out of the gate, you just have to scrape together some green shards (farm Blighttown worms, or buy them in Sens/Anor Londo).

You should be doing END > VIT > FTH, and fuck the other stats.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some interesting finds in the trailer too:

http://imgur.com/a/UopgC
I hate sites like that

Wow, this game has ARMOR SETS ! and it has generic weapons hundreds of games have had before! KATANA CONFIRMED OMGZ!

We, too, have eyes. We all missed the SLASH in the PROTF screenshot for a solid 6 hours, but I see nothing really remarkable revealed by that site.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Just picked up DS1 with new controller.

A big thank you to Budos for suggestions on mods.

Tried it with the keyboard/mouse last night... absolutely do not do that shit even with the fix lol.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider

Well, as Budos said, generally faith doesn't worry about str/dex at all. Only enough to barely equip the weapons you want/need. 16 is a good mark for str since it lets you use the claymore, and you can 2-hand the zweihander for specific bosses.

on the dex front, most people want at least 12 to use the bow, but 14 lets you use the great scythe or uchigatana

20/16 gets you the washing pole, which is kind of like the halbred of katanas.

My personal favorite weapon, the lucerne requires 15/12

You "can" use the grant if you want to build specifically for it, but I wouldn't recommend it, throwing lightning bolts is more fun, and dex/faith is a much stronger hybrid build than heavy str+faith.

40 vit
30 end
14 str
40 dex
50 fth

You can use occult/divine dex weapons.... or also just go +15 and use the darkmoon blade buff for "massive damage" and with that build you'd have the dex speed casting bonus. Generally dex weapons swing faster, so you'll do better off in lighter gear, but 40 end isn't the worst thing in the world either.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
PC version is not mentioned in the trailer, I thought it would be the leading platform this time around, thanks to DS great success on Steam? Graphics look really shitty to be honest, but what else can you expect from a last-gen console game. I just hope there will be a similar way of tweaking the graphics as there was for Dark Souls, then I'll go ahead and play the shit out of this.

Why do I have an avatar which looks like a tiny pacman screenshot?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, as Budos said, generally faith doesn't worry about str/dex at all. Only enough to barely equip the weapons you want/need. 16 is a good mark for str since it lets you use the claymore, and you can 2-hand the zweihander for specific bosses.

on the dex front, most people want at least 12 to use the bow, but 14 lets you use the great scythe or uchigatana

20/16 gets you the washing pole, which is kind of like the halbred of katanas.

My personal favorite weapon, the lucerne requires 15/12

You "can" use the grant if you want to build specifically for it, but I wouldn't recommend it, throwing lightning bolts is more fun, and dex/faith is a much stronger hybrid build than heavy str+faith.

40 vit
30 end
14 str
40 dex
50 fth

You can use occult/divine dex weapons.... or also just go +15 and use the darkmoon blade buff for "massive damage" and with that build you'd have the dex speed casting bonus. Generally dex weapons swing faster, so you'll do better off in lighter gear, but 40 end isn't the worst thing in the world either.
20/16 also gets you the best non-scaling+buffable weapon in the game: Obsidian Greatsword. Definitely do not go over that for str/dex in a faith build for any reason. If you're just using faith for buffs, you should also stop raising faith at 30 like I talked about in my last post on the topic a page or two back.

And far from being "not the worst thing in the world," I can't imagine ever making a build that didn't have the full 40 endurance. :p

P.S. Do NOT raise dex in a faith build for the spell casting speed. It only works with projectiles, which means no effect on heals, buffs, or even WotG. Spear spells cast faster, but no normal build can afford 50 faith (required if you want to make serious use of lightning nukes) and 45 dex. If you PVP at all just forget about the lightning spears, I'm pretty sure no one in the history of Dark Souls has ever been hit by one unless they were afk.
wink.png

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Darkmoon blade and Sunlight blade both scale from faith past 30 (A scaling on the darkmoon talisman multiplied by 2.1 and 1.8 respectively on the buffs with a max of 504 or 432 which is higher than you get from any straight weapon scaling), I imagine that's the reason 50 is recommended in the build guides that I've read, the other being that you can use divine/unholy weapons where appropriate and you get bonuses and do just fine when the buffs aren't active...30 dex 50 faith is more damage than 50 dex 30 faith with DMB... which you'd cast only for pvp or boss killing, but those are arguably the only time that your damage is actually important.

But yea, lots of user preferences make a play, Go for whatever appeals to you.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You described the reason why sorcery buff builds go to 50 magic. Faith is different because you have to choose between DMB and SLB, as they are mutually exclusive, and even if you get them both by doing a second playthrough you still only ever get 1 cast of each. I guess you could probably get multiple copies of Sunlight Blade by continuing into more and more NG+'s but every time you pick up a copy you'd lose your DMB and talisman until 2/3's of way through the next playthrough when you can rejoin Blade of the Darkmoon. It's a pain in the ass. And no matter what you do, short of outright cheating by editing your savegame, you can never have more than one copy of DMB. Magic builds, on the other hand, get 2 magic weapon (5 uses each), 1 great magic weapon (3 uses), and 1 crystal magic weapon (3 uses) per playthrough, and never have to worry about getting kicked out of a covenant and being unable to use their best tool and buff for a very long time. It's a very different playstyle.

So yeah, with a faith buff build you're using gold pine resin 90% of the time and you only bust out the DMB for a boss fight. The difference between 30 faith with a canvas talisman and 50 faith with a darkmoon talisman is 361 dmg vs. 474 dmg. That's not remotely worth 20 stat points, when you consider it's only for 60 seconds out of however many minutes you go between bonfire stops. And dex is irrelevant if you use a non-scaling weapon, like Obsidian Greatsword which does 480 damage without spending a single point in str or dex beyond the minimum req to equip (20/16). That's why faith builds lend themselves to being vit-gouge builds, you end up with something like what I'm doing now:

SL116 Bandit
50 vit
23 att
40 end
20 str
16 dex
11 res
8 int
30 fai

Balin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This week on my first SL1 playthrough I:

beat Quelaag on the first try
got past the Anor Londo archers on my first try
beat O&S on my second try!!

but in between I died to trash mobs a bunch of times. For some reason the Anal Rodeo lightning gargoyles give me hell on this character with the crappy hand axe range. But I expected to be stuck on O&S for a LONG time. Pretty psyched to get them so quick.

What's the next hard SL1 boss? Four Kings? I usually find them easy, but at SL1 my DPS might be low enough that they're pretty hard. On the way to them, dealing with the ghost house without a decent ranged attack is going to be a bitch.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Four Kings is probably the most difficult on a SL1 or really low level, I know when i did my SL9 Dickwraith they were easily the worst of all bosses

Balin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've got level 15 sunbro I made for co-op in Undead Parish (defending against lvl 9 dickwraiths FTW), and I pumped him up pretty far. I beat O&S with him so I could warp, but there was no reason to beat 4 kings. This will be my first shot at them with a low level toon.

My usual strategy is full Havel's, grass crest shield, get as close as possible, pyro until empty, then two handed swings until they're dead. I've never lost doing that, but this run might force me to be more clever. Might even have to run back through Blighttown for Power Within.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just spent 2 hours trying to get my new wired 360 controller to work for this game, I've tried everything even disabling usb devices and locking myself out of the PC trying to get this shit to work. Fuck this game.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Was just gifted the game and have literally read nothing about it. Should make for an interesting and frustrating time.