Dark Souls 3

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Why? Demon's souls and Dark Souls 1 are both under 90% average. Dark Souls 2 is well over 90%...

DS2 is probably the laziest/worst game they did. DS2 was saved by it DLC because minus the cool online and the variety in equipement it's a very average game design wise. I like Polygon and gamespot's review and I can't wait to play it next week.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Seems like the best souls game is usually the one you played first or the one you played the most during its peak. DS1 was my first souls game but I kinda rushed through it because I started just before DS2 was released. I spent an assload of time in DS2 when the community was most active so it holds a special place in my gaming heart. I played Demon Souls a few weeks before Bloodborne came out.

I know there's a lot of things other games did better than DS2 but that was the game I had the most fun with.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
One thing I loved about DS2 is how you could keep clearing an area and mobs would stop spawning. Does this carry forward to DS3?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seems like the best souls game is usually the one you played first or the one you played the most during its peak. DS1 was my first souls game but I kinda rushed through it because I started just before DS2 was released. I spent an assload of time in DS2 when the community was most active so it holds a special place in my gaming heart. I played Demon Souls a few weeks before Bloodborne came out.

I know there's a lot of things other games did better than DS2 but that was the game I had the most fun with.
I agree with this and definitely enjoyed Demon's Souls the most.

Column_sl

shitlord
Thank god no, as everyone said it was a pussy mechanic in worst souls 2.

IGN just gave it a 9.5

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...souls-3-review

Well Dark Souls will always be my favorite. Yeah it was my first foray in the souls universe ,but there is no denying that game was a work of art.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Literally the worst mechanic AKA the pussy mechanic
I was not a big fan of that. I remember having to increase bonfire intensity to make monsters respawn to get a piece of equipment was kinda meh. The statue that dropped the Llewellyn Shield is an example of that.

In other hand I was happy to use that mechanic to get the shadow set in a non new game plus character.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Not sure how it is a "pussy mechanic". Other than potentially making boss fights easier since you could run straight back after a death.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The challenge of a boss should be the boss itself, not the run up to it AND the boss.

Imagine having to clear all of the trash in an MMO dungeon after every wipe.

Don't tell me you faggots didn't run past all the mobs after dying to the Bed of Chaos in Lost Izalith. That was like a 2 minute long run.

Column_sl

shitlord
The challenge of a boss should be the boss itself, not the run up to it AND the boss.

Imagine having to clear all of the trash in an MMO dungeon after every wipe.

Don't tell me you faggots didn't run past all the mobs after dying to the Bed of Chaos in Lost Izalith. That was like a 2 minute long run.
Thats just a souls game. Punishing the player is part of the charm.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Thats just a souls game. Punishing the player is part of the charm.
It can be called "charming" but it's still an element of bad design. The Souls games are very food on the whole but there are a few bizarre design choices in them.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I wish I was on the design team. I would create the most ridiculous deaths ever. People would be chucking their controllers at the TV, out the window, at a wall... That GIF above would just be the start of the pain/trolling. I would place a Poison Estus Flask on the ground and when a player picked it up it increases their flasks to 15 - they rejoice, drink one, die instantly. I would Have random trash enemies just one shot a player with some form of random ability, just cause. Destructible environments where if you run on a bridge it collapses and you die so you have to walk on it for it to remain stable. At the end of the game, after you kill the final boss, you just die of exhaustion and that's the ending of the game...

I could have a field day with this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That's all cheap pussy shit. Souls games have always been acclaimed because they are hard but mostly fair. There are very few cheap tricks in the series.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dark Souls to me was always "if you die, everything comes back (except bosses)". DS2 did away with that and made what is now dubbed Pussy Mechanic #1