Dark Souls 3

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you pre-ordered via GMG and activated your key on Steam you can still buy the Steam Controller for $30. I snagged one.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got my code from cdkeys picked it up early for 31 bucks. I think its around 48 there now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow. It takes some balls to sell grey market keys for more than legit ones are going for. G2A is even more shameless (~$52.50).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If you pre-ordered via GMG and activated your key on Steam you can still buy the Steam Controller for $30. I snagged one.
Hopefully DS3 plays better with the Steam Controller than Mad Max. Tomb Raider was fine but for whatever reason in MM if you had the right pad set to mouse you couldn't run and move the camera at the same time. Had to set it to Joystick with some other tweaks and it never really felt right.

Vorph

I'm tempted to get a Steam controller to try it out, but I just can't see how anything good comes from a haptic pad instead of a stick. Isn't it like trying to play a m/k game using the touchpad on a laptop? Sure, you can move the camera faster if mouse-mode works properly but it seems like it would come at the cost of having even worse precision than a stick.

Someone needs to make a controller that combines the left half of a wiimote/ps move/razer hydra with a mouse in your right hand. There are a few devices that claim to do this, but none of them have an actual analog stick on the left hand controller. It's just keyboard emulation, and digital movement controls completely defeat the purpose of having it in the first place.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The tracking of the right pad is really stupid responsive and accurate. Adapting, if you can call it that, was completely intuitive. Nothing like a track pad or touch pad on a laptop, I'd say it is more like umm.. a trackball? But that might dissuade people also. It's a flat stick for lack of better analogy. Dandain has posted some extensive write ups in another thread but the juice is in the customization and what all you can change it to do on the fly. This'll give me better experience with it having only played TR and Mad Max so far.

10 hours to go?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I simply can't train myself to not rest any fingers near the haptic pad. Resting them on a stick or buttons is usually fine. Resting them on the pad obviously causes thing to happen. My Steam controller has been collecting dust. I want to like it. I want to be good with it. I'm just not.

Vorph

10 hours to go?
2h45m to go.

Can't tell by looking at the store page (it says "Offer ends January 18"), is that how long I have to decide if I want to buy a Steam controller too? Not that it would do me any good for DS3 anyway; I'll be playing that today with my DS4 and by the time the Steam controller arrives I'd be long since done with the game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I'll be playing that today with my DS4
Same. I just wish that most games came with the ability to switch between the Xbox and the Playstation layout.

Granted so used to it now that I hit the right buttons when the prompts come up, but still be nice to change them. And having played the Japanese version, I am now also used to circle being forwards and X being back because for some odd reason that is the default Japanese way.

1 hour 10 mins

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Reminder: If you start your first playthrough as anything other than Deprived, you are a MASSIVE pansy.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Getting nervous here in a similar status...
Same. I haven't preordered from Amazon in awhile due to GCU, but with the prime pricing I decided to go back to Amazon. I remember always getting stuff on release, but my preorder says I will receive it by the 14th. What the hell?

Vaclav

Same. I haven't preordered from Amazon in awhile due to GCU, but with the prime pricing I decided to go back to Amazon. I remember always getting stuff on release, but my preorder says I will receive it by the 14th. What the hell?
I had to do the $4 1-day to get it to update to the 12th. I think they may have swapped out "day of" delivery for free when they started the discount.