Dark Souls 3

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Most difficult part of the boss fights is fighting through the tears when hearing how beautiful the music is and then you realize the setting and the sad story that goes along with it and its just too much emotion

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_130908.jpg
Hahaha!

Vineyard, and then you die, get pissed, throw your controller through a window, and carry on!

Needless

Toe Sucker
that ring that hides you until you're close is pretty cancerous lol

also can you not buy those items that prevent using estus? i need some for when shitters invade me and have to chug their sunny d all the time

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can buy them after you feed more Ash to the old lady at the shrine.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Haha

I thought it looked familiar. With the annoying archers...I just reached Anor Londo. Literally the archers are 50x worse. I'm crying.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
First From game for me and i'm absolutely loving it. Finished the first boss (after tutorial) and have been practicing my swordplay on those knights outside his door. Playing as a Knight, is the ugikatana thingy just a style preference or is it really one of the better weapons like I have been reading?? I upgraded a broadsword a few times to get me over the hump and it has been doing the trick, but I won't invest anymore into it (or the lothric knight sword) if the katana is the "op weapon". Having a hard time finding the hit box with it compared to the other swords.

Also, should I be investing any into luck? I think Knights start of with 7? and I don't wanna be missing out on lootz...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well that sucks. Just lost about 30k souls b/c it said "Lost Connection to Steam, Returning to Main Menu."

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
First From game for me and i'm absolutely loving it. Finished the first boss (after tutorial) and have been practicing my swordplay on those knights outside his door. Playing as a Knight, is the ugikatana thingy just a style preference or is it really one of the better weapons like I have been reading?? I upgraded a broadsword a few times to get me over the hump and it has been doing the trick, but I won't invest anymore into it (or the lothric knight sword) if the katana is the "op weapon". Having a hard time finding the hit box with it compared to the other swords.

Also, should I be investing any into luck? I think Knights start of with 7? and I don't wanna be missing out on lootz...
I've heard both good and bad re: katana. Even taking into consideration NA players who bought the game in a traditional manner being on the shit end of a preposterous launch, I don't think many people really have much of an idea of which weapons are good and which are shit.

I spent 4 of the 8 hours I've had with the game getting that armored sword guy to drop the sword I wasn't even sure existed.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My Uchigatana is like +6 and infused. I've tried switching but at this point it is just a little too difficult b/c of the comfort of the Uchi. It has 'Bleed' which is a nice effect but one of the drawbacks is it has no stat scaling. Like if you look at the little signs on the weapon status screen where it has the symbol for STR, DEX, INT, DRK it'll either say E, D, C, B, etc... for Uchigatana it is just ----, and you won't see your dmg raise when you increase your STR or DEX soul levels. I do have a greatsword that I really really want to use and got my STR and DEX up to 20 for it, and it is B for DEX scaling. But it isn't infuseable and it is just soooo slow it is hard to adapt.

If you are going with a STR build I think you can get a Butcher Knife pretty early and it is A rating for STR bonus. I'd just say learn whatever you think is badass
wink.png

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah I'm still using the dark deep axe or whatever it's called. 200 damage, no scaling, so I'm taking the opportunity to level vigor, vitality and the like. My only problem with the game so far is I haven't really found a weapon that's made me abandon my aimless stat allocation as early as I did in the previous games. I haven't found my Balder Sword or Roaring Halberd or Mastodon Greatsword yet (although I guess the latter is mid-game).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People have beaten ds2 with a soup ladle (for real) . Just find a weapon that you like the movesets of and stick with it

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My Uchigatana is like +6 and infused. I've tried switching but at this point it is just a little too difficult b/c of the comfort of the Uchi. It has 'Bleed' which is a nice effect but one of the drawbacks is it has no stat scaling. Like if you look at the little signs on the weapon status screen where it has the symbol for STR, DEX, INT, DRK it'll either say E, D, C, B, etc... for Uchigatana it is just ----, and you won't see your dmg raise when you increase your STR or DEX soul levels. I do have a greatsword that I really really want to use and got my STR and DEX up to 20 for it, and it is B for DEX scaling. But it isn't infuseable and it is just soooo slow it is hard to adapt.
Your uchi has no scaling because of what you infused onto it (fire/deep/raw). Once you have decent dex, katanas should be infused with Sharp, though I'd probably invest in a better base weapon than a plain old uchi if I was going all the way to +10.

If you are going with a STR build I think you can get a Butcher Knife pretty early and it is A rating for STR bonus. I'd just say learn whatever you think is badass
wink.png
It has very low (95) base damage though. I regret raising str to 24 to try it out, since I really only need 18 str for the weapon my build is designed around using (Farron UGS/Dagger).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, forgot did that... it was like 26 hours ago, haven't had a lot of sleep. Haha.

Disregard my bullshit!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
What does the stat scaling so? I saw those letters and no clue what they meant.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The grade indicates how well the weapon damage scales for each stat

Best ---> Worst:

S>A>B>C>D>E
Ok so say I have a weapon that has an "S" next to strength, whenever I upgrade my str attribute it makes my damage go up higher than normal?