Dark Souls 3

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah the only problematic thing i can see with a low level dancer kill would be not having enough stamina to dodge her 7(?) spin attack? unless you can just roll through one and she keeps going?

I just dodged all attacks for funnsies lol

I'll try it later on my lvl 8 dude, i want a hornet ring on him anyway

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
(regular) Greatswords seem completely fucked with no place in DS3.

The main issue, aside from broken poise, is they just flat out use way too much sta for their damage output. It seems to drain as much as a goddamn BK Greataxe.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Dodge and roll, I one shot her so I don't remember exactly what she does other than move around like a bitch.
just dont get hit. Shes so slow
Yeah the only problematic thing i can see with a low level dancer kill would be not having enough stamina to dodge her 7(?) spin attack? unless you can just roll through one and she keeps going?

I just dodged all attacks for funnsies lol

I'll try it later on my lvl 8 dude, i want a hornet ring on him anyway
Problem I'm having is that she seems to stagger her sword attacks so that rolling through the first one makes you get hit by her second sword before you're even out of your first roll. Hm.

(regular) Greatswords seem completely fucked with no place in DS3.

The main issue, aside from broken poise, is they just flat out use way too much sta for their damage output. It seems to drain as much as a goddamn BK Greataxe.
They're OP in PvP though because hitting with an R1 means you're going to automatically land the second one which is a lot of damage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Poise isn't just broken. Someone on reddit did experiments and the stat actually doesn't do anything at all.

Like some people thought it might help with rolls maybe or something weird, it doesn't do ANYTHING. That means you'll want to stay right below 70% if you can.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I miss Demon's souls. Maybe because it was my first souls game and i played it in 2009 (us release) with the idea it'll be the only game like that. Same as Everquest, its difficult / impossible to get the same experience because it was "my first mmo".

I like dark souls 3 but to me some part of the game are way too "dark souls 1 fan-service". Bloodborne at least was a new game with some cool new game mechanic.
Hopefully the DLCs will be more difficult.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I still have to beat this tonight. Really hoping I can just breeze through the archives and just be done with it. 10 /10 game for me

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah, its a good game.

Although I went back and started a DS2 run and I have to say that DS3 might have it on Combat speed / feel as it hits a nice balance between BB and the souls series DS2 really shines after a playthrough of DS3. More, smaller areas but still pretty well designed I guess? Actually viable mage only builds in addition to have melee options?

I really enjoyed Ds3 but going back and playing DS2 again has been more fun than I thought it would be. I think the ending areas in DS3 really ding the game overall. Screams "we ran out of time here are some bon fires and bosses to kill thanks for your money". The last 1/3 of DS3 goes really really fast.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Poise isn't just broken. Someone on reddit did experiments and the stat actually doesn't do anything at all.
Except this is completely false. Poise only applies during swing wind-ups. If you have a lot of poise and you use a dagger, then yeah, you'll never see it in action. But if you have a lot of poise and are wielding a big weapon, a longsword hit won't interrupt one of your wind-ups.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, its a good game.

Although I went back and started a DS2 run and I have to say that DS3 might have it on Combat speed / feel as it hits a nice balance between BB and the souls series DS2 really shines after a playthrough of DS3. More, smaller areas but still pretty well designed I guess? Actually viable mage only builds in addition to have melee options?

I really enjoyed Ds3 but going back and playing DS2 again has been more fun than I thought it would be. I think the ending areas in DS3 really ding the game overall. Screams "we ran out of time here are some bon fires and bosses to kill thanks for your money". The last 1/3 of DS3 goes really really fast.
DS1 was the same way. After you get the Lordvessel you unlock deeper New Londo, Lost Izalith, Tomb of the Giants, and Duke's Archives, all of which are super short mini areas.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
DS1 was the same way. After you get the Lordvessel you unlock deeper New Londo, Lost Izalith, Tomb of the Giants, and Duke's Archives, all of which are super short mini areas.
Hyperarmor is completely independent of poise. 0 poise vs 30 poise is still the exact same when using a great weapon, very easy to go test it out.

Like, poise is literally disabled in config files. You can go play offline and enable it yourself and see how different the game is, just be wary of eating softbans for doing it.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Are you using both rings (magic clutch ring stacks with sage's, and if you're worried about the damage increase it can be offset by the steel ring), Crown of Dusk, and Scholar's Candlestick?
Using both dragon rings but don't have Steel ring yet on this playthrough. Will give magic clutch a try. Crown of Dusk makes me nervous, but will try it as well.

edit: don't have candle yet either.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Candlestick is easiest to get by just buying it from Greirat after he raids Irithyll (even if he fails).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They're OP in PvP though because hitting with an R1 means you're going to automatically land the second one which is a lot of damage.
Eh, landing with any weapon means you'll keep landing until you are out of STA. Thus the godly pokers. Are you thinking of Ultra Greatswords? Typically a greatsword takes more hits (2-3) to stagger vs an Ultra (1). But in DS3 they are costing nearly the same STA per swing. So, broke as fuck.

These are all things DS2 mostly had figured out...

Now, my DS1 Claymore (GS) on the other hand, is retarded OP in the other direction. I can swing 8 times at 35 end and most shit staggers on 2. And that's after I block them with my greatshield, to mini-stagger them...

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hyperarmor is completely independent of poise. 0 poise vs 30 poise is still the exact same when using a great weapon, very easy to go test it out.

Like, poise is literally disabled in config files. You can go play offline and enable it yourself and see how different the game is, just be wary of eating softbans for doing it.
How do you enable it?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Except this is completely false. Poise only applies during swing wind-ups. If you have a lot of poise and you use a dagger, then yeah, you'll never see it in action. But if you have a lot of poise and are wielding a big weapon, a longsword hit won't interrupt one of your wind-ups.
The Mystery Behind Dark Souls 3s Seemingly Useless Poise Stat

I wasn't pulling it out of my ass. I know how it's supposed to work - it doesn't work at all. People have inserted code that fixes it as well, so it's just broken.

The reason I stated the rolling stuff and other things is people were experimenting with EVERYTHING to try and find out what Poise actually did. The end result is right now it does absolutely zero. That's why staying at 69.999% is optimal.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Taking armor upgrades out was nice. Now we can ride that 70% line all the way to full havels in NG+++++ without worrying about fucking farming.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So hyperarmor is determined by what the weapon is? That would imply that you can be naked with an ultra greatsword and a dagger hit won't stagger you during wind-up.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The Mystery Behind Dark Souls 3s Seemingly Useless Poise Stat

I wasn't pulling it out of my ass. I know how it's supposed to work - it doesn't work at all. People have inserted code that fixes it as well, so it's just broken.

The reason I stated the rolling stuff and other things is people were experimenting with EVERYTHING to try and find out what Poise actually did. The end result is right now it does absolutely zero. That's why staying at 69.999% is optimal.
The author of this article doesn't understand that poise hasn't worked like that since DS1. In DS1, if you are standing around doing nothing, attacks won't stagger you until you are poise broken. That was changed in DS2, where poise is only applied during swing wind-ups, which is also how it works in Bloodborne.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Eh, landing with any weapon means you'll keep landing until you are out of STA.
This is incorrect. Player control returns after the second hit. That's why you can parry the third hit on R1 longsword spammers.

Also, sorry for the triple post. I'm on phone and multiquote sucks here.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So I swear I had my DS1 save at at least NG6. And as I play it now, I do not remember one second of the Bed of Chaos fight. Nothing. I was trying to melee his hands...

Also dsfix and high res textures works again (it was screwed up whenever I attempted this last) but you need to force vsync in drivers.