Dark Souls 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd just dump the morning star for a mace and use that for like half the game until you decide what weapon you really want to focus on.

Drangleic Sword isn't bad, but it's a dex weapon and it uses twinkling titanite to upgrade.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Level 30 with a +3 weapon in farron woods has some good pvp action going on on the PC. I was in several matches with multiple reds, mad phantoms, watchdogs, sun bros and white phantoms. Host was just summoning up new guys from the bonfire whenever someone went down. Didn't see a single blue though but that might be because of the host's covenant more then anything else. Also learned you can visceral those giant crabs. Would of loved to have known that on my first play through.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Treedude and pursuer oneshot. Fights seem much more "closed in" than DS3. Have 30 vigor, stats for mace and leveling up endurance to 20 I guess. I saw some reddit post about trying to get agi to 99? How key is that?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pursuer is so easy after you beat him the first time. I remember him raping me dry really bad the first time I played.

Fedor

<Banned>
I had 400-499 item discovery and sometimes I would go two hours without a single concord or vertebra in ng++.

I actually had to respec my str build just to maximize item discovery and killing speed for the last three items I needed:

sunlight medals: 60 int, crystal soul spears would hit both knights at the same time

proof of a concord kept: 60 int, 60 faith, used affinity and great deep soul to kill the knights quickly without aiming

vertebra shackle: 40 str/dex/faith, 99 luck, used anri's straight sword so I wouldn't have to waste time with re-animated skeletons

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had 400-499 item discovery and sometimes I would go two hours without a single concord or vertebra in ng++.
Ah, I just invaded a ton at like SL20 to get Vertebrae. So that probably cut me down by half.

khalid

Unelected Mod
At least at this stage, DS2 SOTFS seems easier than DS3. I have oneshot flexible sentry, pursuer, new dragonrider, ruin sentinels, belfry gargoyles. Tree dude and old dragonrider took me two tries. It is just much "slower", giving quite a bit more time to determine what move they are doing.

Of course, I'm sure this is all the beginning of the game and I'm going to get raped at some point.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
At least at this stage, DS2 SOTFS seems easier than DS3. I have oneshot flexible sentry, pursuer, new dragonrider, ruin sentinels, belfry gargoyles. Tree dude and old dragonrider took me two tries. It is just much "slower", giving quite a bit more time to determine what move they are doing.

Of course, I'm sure this is all the beginning of the game and I'm going to get raped at some point.
Nah, your initial assessment is sound - it's easier than DS3, at least until you reach the DLC areas which are rapetastic. The vanilla game will get harder, too, but it's nowhere near DS3's midgame difficulty.

edit: up to 25 Concords. Wanted to finish farming them up tonight, but my grandfather went insane so I have to help commit him. (No joke).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Beat DS3 again with a pure melee build. The second time through was much easier. The only boss I still have to beat solo is the Nameless King. Just got sick off fighting the camera during the dragon phase and wanted to be done with it. I'm sure I could have beat him solo if I had stuck with it and that's my plan for NG+ but I just wanted to be done.

Debating on going for the Platinum. The MP parts sound terrible. I know with DS1 they eventually patched things to make getting a Platinum easier by making the multiplayer drops / rewards more common from regular enemies. But not sure I have the patience to grind it all out now or wait for them to do that with this game. We'll see.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Took me ~35 hours to finish up the Covenants for Platinum. By the end it made me loathe logging in. Just wasn't worth it. But if you're OCD and have to have it..... goooood luck.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Rather than bump the other thread I'll just put this here:

I got to about half way through ng+3 when I decided to take a break and go back and play bloodborne and I gotta say I'm just not enjoying it at all. The camera is jacked beyond all repair, this wussy dash just results in getting swiped anyway by enemies, I hardly ever use the gun because the risk vs reward for parrying isn't worth it, zoning back and forth between the dream is agonizingly annoying and every other boss is some kind of spooky dog. I wanna like it but it's just not getting through to me. Any tips?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished the game this past weekend. Really enjoyed it, never summoned anyone for any boss battles (I enjoy doing them solo). however, you know what i miss.... Endings, games use to have actual cinematic endings that lasted more than 4 seconds. With the amount of time and energy put into playing this game, and it being known as one of the hardest series, I kind of expect some actual ending to reward me for all of my effort. Yea yea i know there are 4 different endings, after i backed up my save and did 3 of the 4 and watched the 4th online, i still stand by my statement.
seems like most games now a days don't give 2 shits about an ending cinematic. /sigh