Dark Souls 3

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kinda forgot this was coming out soon cause of BnS, guess I'll wait for the PC version anyway and hope it's good. Spoilers should be fine as long as I avoid this thread/other threads about the game, I played Bloodborne like 6months after it was released or whatever and didn't see any spoilers about it the entire time, so unless it has a gigantic story twist(and who am I kidding, it's dark souls, story is probably going to be shit written in items and people extrapolating shit based on the layout of some old ruins that kinda look like a building from a previous game if you look at it from this angle kinda maybe) I should be fine. Wiki will be complete when I start too so I can look up right away the few things I always look up in Souls games before playing: where to find the best fucking daggers and which magic I should play but won't because after 5mins I reroll back to a rogue-type char.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Eh, pretty lame that some of the popular streamers will be getting the English PC release this week. Just give it to us now Bamco.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I still to this day have no idea why Lirik is even a popular streamer. Twitch as a community is baffling as fuck.

That nerd gets early access? fuck em.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I still to this day have no idea why Lirik is even a popular streamer. Twitch as a community is baffling as fuck.

Children. Armies of literal children. Average viewing age of him and guys like pewdiepie is barely even in the teens.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I sometimes watch the guy. I'm not a fan or subscriber or anything, but i think Lirik is authentic and he knows how to make his content entertaining. For Souls game streams there are much better streamers i look forward to watch them play DS3.

PS imo it's not a big deal they get the game early since most of them ordered the Japanese version anyway. That will be playable in 2 days, but instead of bothering with a foreign language they get to play the game in English. Don't want to get spoiled, don't watch, simple as that.

Column_sl

shitlord
Eh, pretty lame that some of the popular streamers will be getting the English PC release this week. Just give it to us now Bamco.
Well hopefully someone fucks up and there is an early PC rip.

That does give me hope tho that PC version is very good if they are willing to put it out there so quick.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I've never understood the whole concept of watching other people play video games for entertainment

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I watch some twitch channels because I think you can learn from some player's skills (particularly, pvp), and some of them are just plain entertaining. But if I had to pay to watch, I'd stop instantly.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah well I watched my pal the cipro dude from p99 destroy (into thousands of pieces) his keyboard with a metal cane after he died in Kaesora or something. Probably the funniest thing I saw in years.

Bought the dude a 45$ shark pillow cuz #1 no man that plays EQ for that many hours on end should have to do so in a bare wooden chair with no padding and #2 he was the last true Lord of the Kedge.

Do not regret watching that stream or the donation.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
For Souls game streams there are much better streamers i look forward to watch them play DS3.
Only streamer I watch play souls games is manvsgame

Going to watch him stream DS3 as he plays the way I do. He has focus on the hidden story elements and explores everywhere. Since he knows Japanese he said he intends to translate all the items and such.

That said, not going to watch much. I like playing these games fairly blind the first time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yea no way am I trying to play this on my PS4. Bloodborne fucking awful but I sucked it up because lol exclusive, but no reason to suffer through that when better options are only a couple weeks away.
Bloodborne was awful?

Dude do you smoke crack?

Ese you came down the wrong mothafuckin street

Also Manvsgame is literally the worst streamer ever. I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to him making stupid fucking noises and examining items for 45 minutes each. FUCK

• 1Solidarity

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Also Manvsgame is literally the worst streamer ever. I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to him making stupid fucking noises and examining items for 45 minutes each. FUCK
Rather watch someone take their time (the noises I can live without) than rush. I hardly use the run button my first playthrough of these games. I don't have much OCD when it comes to gaming, but when I see a path that can be taken and someone just rushes forwards I get angsty. Same as with skipping story. I can't relate at all to the idea of just rushing towards bosses on the first playthrough.

His chat is also not just a spam of nonsense. So not that I particularly enjoy him as a caster, it is just that I know that he takes even more time than me with that stuff, and it is possible to read discussions of the game rather than just seeing a constant stream of spam emotes.

I think I am 20 years older than the average twitch viewer though.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like watching manvsgame also especially for Souls games. Sometimes the chat gets him off track though and it's very easy for it to happen because he just loves to talk.

He was playing Hearthstone a few months back and opening packs and holy shit it took eons because he would just ramble on and on between packs. lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Rather watch someone take their time (the noises I can live without) than rush. I hardly use the run button my first playthrough of these games. I don't have much OCD when it comes to gaming, but when I see a path that can be taken and someone just rushes forwards I get angsty. Same as with skipping story. I can't relate at all to the idea of just rushing towards bosses on the first playthrough.

His chat is also not just a spam of nonsense. So not that I particularly enjoy him as a caster, it is just that I know that he takes even more time than me with that stuff, and it is possible to read discussions of the game rather than just seeing a constant stream of spam emotes.

I think I am 20 years older than the average twitch viewer though.
Oh I get that - I take my time playing. But this guy SERIOUSLY takes his time playing. I enjoyed him for about an hour, but then I said screw this and shut him off.

He's only talking about performance hahah. Don't act hard, Noodle.
Man I pulled out my gun and everything

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait, people actually enjoy man vs game? Jesus, how? He screeches like a potato kid when you take away their favorite plastic bucket hat and uses that stupid shitty echo voice mod constantly.

And yea, Bloodborne was a great game that suffered terribly from being a PS4 exclusive. I hadn't actually played a console game in years and bought a PS4 specifically for Bloodborne, and trying to acclimate myself back to 30fps was just pure pain.