Dark Souls 3

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keep at it man, you'll get there.

Next you need to play all the other games in the series.

I'm interested to see what your time will be when you complete the game.

Just the other day on reddit I was reading about a guy really struggling with Bloodborne - he was up to almost 200 attempts on Logarius and some other boss and still hadn't beaten them, previous bosses took a ton of attempts too. He's been playing since the game came out.
You have to respect a person like that for not pussying out and summoning help.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think after DS3 I'm going to finally play Demon Souls. I bought it a couple years ago but never got around to it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Current second character, going caster. Thinking 1 more str for 14 so I can use a 100% block shield when needed. but not 100 % where to go from here. 5 or 10 more attunement?, take vigor to 20, then the rest into Int is my current plan.
I'd do int to 30 first, then attunement to 24 and vigor to 24. Then int to 40 if you're going strictly for magic/sorcery and not wanting to branch out to pyro or dark at all. If you do want pyro take faith to 30 before raising int any further.

As for the str, your offhand is going to be Scholar's Candlestick as a caster, so I'd probably just get used to dodging everything now.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'd do int to 30 first, then attunement to 24 and vigor to 24. Then int to 40 if you're going strictly for magic/sorcery and not wanting to branch out to pyro or dark at all. If you do want pyro take faith to 30 before raising int any further.

As for the str, your offhand is going to be Scholar's Candlestick as a caster, so I'd probably just get used to dodging everything now.
Perfect, thanks!

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Haven't played much so far due to rl, about 20hrs total. Game feels easy compared to the Omaha Beach experience that Dark Souls 1 was when it was released on PC, but apparently I suck at exploring because all I have done is open the swamp gate and go the other way to the Cleansing Chapel. Now I am not sure which way I should do first.

Question: are the weight % cutoffs for rolling the same at DS1? I've noticed the 70% for fat rolls, what's the low end one? I've stayed below 25% and as I said, game feels easy (so far) ninja rolling around and dodging mostly everything.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Current second character, going caster. Thinking 1 more str for 14 so I can use a 100% block shield when needed. but not 100 % where to go from here. 5 or 10 more attunement?, take vigor to 20, then the rest into Int is my current plan.
8amHMks.jpg
Whatever starting class you chose, it works better for a caster than Knight, which is what I chose. I'm level 55 or so and have less ATT and slightly more INT than you. Feelsbadman.

Gonna go ahead offer a peremptory fuck off in anticipation of somebody bellowing "DEPRIVED! DEPRIVED!!!"
tongue.png
. A marginal increase in difficulty for 20 minutes isn't worth not looking like a badass immediately. Also, 10 in all stats is too high to make the claim that deprived is superior for optimized builds.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Haven't played much so far due to rl, about 20hrs total. Game feels easy compared to the Omaha Beach experience that Dark Souls 1 was when it was released on PC, but apparently I suck at exploring because all I have done is open the swamp gate and go the other way to the Cleansing Chapel. Now I am not sure which way I should do first.

Question: are the weight % cutoffs for rolling the same at DS1? I've noticed the 70% for fat rolls, what's the low end one? I've stayed below 25% and as I said, game feels easy (so far) ninja rolling around and dodging mostly everything.
I kind of laugh at people that say how easy everything is and pretty much miss 50% of the content including bosses / mini bosses because they only follow the side walk and might even still be on un-pactched release torrent.

Difficulty wise the game feels about right. There are cheese builds that can make things much easier and other builds that make things much harder. You can cheese some of the harder stuff with bows or just run through which many people do and are like "lul ez". The game is especially easy if you just run from fire to fire and boss missing most of the actual content.

Most people have played through these types of games a few times now so the newness has worn off and the tricks are pretty well known. Still, the game feels about right for the most part. My biggest issue with the game is they used gimmic bosses a little often for my tastes and the number of cheeseable elements is a bit on the high side. Regardless, if you play through the game you are going to die. Especially as you progress, some of the later areas are quite difficult especially on the later patches and not using super cheese 100% block and uber 1hs to 2 shot everything or youtubeing / twitching / guiding up the entire game. Playing without using ember and off line is a big handicap as well which is how I did my first play through.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Honestly if you didn't roll Deprived with no burial gift for your first character you are a pansy who probably uses the Estoc or Dark Sword.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Whatever starting class you chose, it works better for a caster than Knight, which is what I chose. I'm level 55 or so and have less ATT and slightly more INT than you. Feelsbadman.

Gonna go ahead offer a peremptory fuck off in anticipation of somebody bellowing "DEPRIVED! DEPRIVED!!!"
tongue.png
. A marginal increase in difficulty for 20 minutes isn't worth not looking like a badass immediately. Also, 10 in all stats is too high to make the claim that deprived is superior for optimized builds.
I did draw out str 5 times early so that might be the difference.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I think after DS3 I'm going to finally play Demon Souls. I bought it a couple years ago but never got around to it.
Eek. Wait til E3 in hopes of an hd rerelease announcement. It's been rumored for a while now and honestly I think it might be necessary for first-time players. It's maybe the best game in the series but its graphics and framerate are really, really bad. A 60fps remake would amount to a 3- to 6-fold increase in fps
tongue.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not holding my breath, published by a different company. But if they did I would jizz in my pants (JIMP)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not sure if this has been posted yet,

For those that want to do all the quests and don't care about spoilers, here is the DS3 Checklist/cheat sheet if you ( que Steven Tyler's voice ) "don't want to miss a thing"

Dark Souls 3 Cheat Sheet

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly if you didn't roll Deprived with no burial gift for your first character you are a pansy who probably uses the Estoc or Dark Sword.
Honestly, no one is impressed that you started as Deprived unless you also beat the game at SL1.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Deprived just gives you that "I bootstrapped my way up" feel.

The game is only harder in the tutorial area for deprived. As soon as you leave, you can purchase a 600 soul short sword and you're now equal with everyone else, plus you have a better baseline for stats progression.

I like starting as Deprived but it really doesn't make any of the games harder, imo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly, no one is impressed that you started as Deprived unless you also beat the game at SL1.
Doesn't deprived start at SL4?

I always roll deprived and give people shit about it, but it's true it was only really challenging in the intro area. Killing the first boss with a club sucked