Dark Souls 3

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So the new patch has messed things up on PS4? I am going back to trying to beat Aldrich tomorrow and it would be nice if the game wasn't broken.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
It's not broken or anything just some frame rate issues in certain areas and some enemies with wider attack arcs seem to have a bit more aggressive hit box vs the player.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lothric castle is amazing. I always enjoyed exploring castle ruins filled with many regular enemies, I really liked undead burg and undead parish in DS1, I'm very happy one of these zones was made a high level zone for a change.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
I kind of laugh at people that say how easy everything is and pretty much miss 50% of the content including bosses / mini bosses because they only follow the side walk and might even still be on un-pactched release torrent.

Difficulty wise the game feels about right. There are cheese builds that can make things much easier and other builds that make things much harder. You can cheese some of the harder stuff with bows or just run through which many people do and are like "lul ez". The game is especially easy if you just run from fire to fire and boss missing most of the actual content.
Who said anything about missing content and trying to breeze through the game? If anything, I am playing this quite slowly trying to explore. And the game is objectively easier early on than DS1. I mean, I remember Blighttown (NEVER FORGET), the frogs halving your hps with curse and a million jumping deaths, I've seen none of that shit so far in DS3. DS1 actively trolled you and wanted to frustrate you, here it's a much smoother experience which I prefer, maybe a tad too easy.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Who said anything about missing content ...

apparently I suck at exploring because all I have done is open the swamp gate and go the other way to the Cleansing Chapel. Now I am not sure which way I should do first.
You said it.

As for the experience, all that stuff is in game. Perhaps not in the very first area you hit but the game does a decent job of incrementally increasing the difficulty. Even lulling you into a false sense of security. I know I got caught with the weak poison and running through an area without issue only to get nailed when mobs started using toxic and not catching the difference until the bar filled and killed me. Bleed is also quite nasty. Curse as well.

These games aren't new anymore, so veteran players obviously will have an easier time playing through the game than new players. The first areas can still kill you quite easily but the more elaborate stuff comes in the mid part of the game which makes sense as most games tend to ramp up difficulty as things progress.

I find DS3 to have a decent difficulty curve. Early areas are on the easier side but can still kill you, later areas can be pretty difficult if you don't just run through them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Doesn't deprived start at SL4?

I always roll deprived and give people shit about it, but it's true it was only really challenging in the intro area. Killing the first boss with a club sucked
Nah in DS3 they are level 1 with all stats at 10. I actually think deprived is an easy starting class because those first 10-12 levels cost less souls than other classes starting at SL 10+

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Nah in DS3 they are level 1 with all stats at 10. I actually think deprived is an easy starting class because those first 10-12 levels cost less souls than other classes starting at SL 10+
Starting at 10 in every stat is also a huge buff, actually, because with a minimal investment, you can do a little bit of everything, without hurting yourself overly much when you start investing in just a few core stats to min/max.

Its an interesting system that I quite like, honestly.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
even with the latest patch I'm still having absolutely terrible performance drops where the game just stops for up to 5 seconds...

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If you think the club sucks you should try the dagger the sorc starts with. Talk about terrible.

Either way, the starting "class" doesn't mean shit. Its all about how those starting stats fit into your build or if the class starts with a weapon / shield / armor you might want. You can play a knight from start to finish and never get a single upgrade because their starting gear (sword especially as raw) is about as good as it gets or close enough that it really doesn't matter PVE wise.

Deprived is no harder than any of the other classes unless you can't do the first mobs without getting hit. Which if that is the case you're pretty fucked for this game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
even with the latest patch I'm still having absolutely terrible performance drops where the game just stops for up to 5 seconds...
Do you have an SSD? I don't, and I feel like my only hiccups are when the game is auto saving or loading a new area. I assume because of shitty read and write speeds.

Deprived is no harder than any of the other classes unless you can't do the first mobs without getting hit. Which if that is the case you're pretty fucked for this game.
Well they also start with only a loin cloth which means with no armor you're basically taking 30% more damage per hit until you get something equipped.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
the mail breaker? why am I good at using this stupid thing? I even prefer it to the "Dagger" which is better and looks like it got buffed

and where's my blue summons
frown.png
anyone notice a diff?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Just the other day on reddit I was reading about a guy really struggling with Bloodborne -he was up to almost 200 attempts on Logariusand some other boss and still hadn't beaten them, previous bosses took a ton of attempts too. He's been playing since the game came out.
Jesus christ haha, that's uh... quite the determination for that fella

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd link it but it's lost. The guy updates every few months with his progress and it's humbling. Lot of support for him. I asked if he was brain damaged and I felt bad.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Torn on this game. Got frustrated as fuck with ds2 when I played the remake on ps4 and never finished it. Moved on to other stuff. But have a new video card and this looks new and pretty. I get the sense though that I wouldn't like this one either if I couldn't even finish ds2.
frown.png

Pleb casual.
frown.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dark Souls is Dark Souls. If you enjoyed but didn't beat 2, that's fine. You'll enjoy and (possibly) not beat 3. But if you didn't enjoy and it felt like you were just beating your head against a wall? Stay away from all 'Souls games. Simple as that, really.

DS3 is really fun imo. I haven't had much time to play it since school is ramping towards finals for me, but what I've seen I've definitely liked. And I really wish I didn't become used to cutlass attack speed/range, because trying to use other items is a stark contrast now~

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've only had trouble with one boss, nameless King. Fuck that fight, the first phase is really easy but takes awhile.

Just beat final boss, was hoping for something a bit more. He was pretty easy. I've pretty much been using raw Astoria straight sword the whole game