Dark Souls 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stomp is hyperarmor. It's mostly notable on dark sword, since normal swings with that weapon do not have much hyperarmor at all.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mine was almost 60, so I don't get how anyone could beat it in less than half the time the first playthrough either.

Only spoilers I read was stuff related to not fucking up NPC quests, and I did every single one of them correctly which I'm sure added a fair amount of time double-checking things. Still failed Greirat anyway though, thanks to the bug they fixed last week, but that was way too late for me.

For bosses the front half of the game (pre-Pontiff) I killed almost all of them in one attempt, Sage and Demon King in two. Pontiff and Yhorm took a few tries, most of the rest took 2-3, and Dragonslayer Armor took like 5 because it was immune to bleed. The two beasts fight done without cheesing to separate them was by far the hardest thing in the game; that took me like 12-14 tries. I'm not even sure how it took as long as it did, considering I'd call this the easiest game in the series by a huge margin. I guess there was some offline covenant farming before I said fuck it to that retardation, but still...

I stay embered pretty much 100% of the time so as to not miss a NPC invasion (yet still missed Kirk somehow) and ended the game with 80ish left. Almost every time I died I used one immediately, though there were a couple boss fights where I saved it as an emergency heal.

If you ever do run low, they're simple to farm off the knights between Voldt and Dancer. Equip silver ring, mimic hat, and crystal rapier, then pop a copper coin just before you engage the first one. There's 4 knights and you should get 2-3 embers per reset.
Which beasts are you talking about splitting?

Edit: And I didn't explore every single tiny corner of the game, although I do try to hit every path in an area before moving on. I simply can't imagine this game taking 60 hours.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Either I am a god or a retard, I don't know.

Coincidentally, my DS2 save file is about 8 hours in on PS4 and because something got messed up when I put it in rest mode it says I've been playing for 85 hours.

khalid

Unelected Mod
If you go back and read the early posts from when the game went live, Noodle was talking shit about how easy the game was early on. Then a bit later after that, he makes a post about how he is two bosses in or some shit. His posts in this thread seem to be bad attempts to humble-brag.

Also, fuck my parry playthrough. It has resolved into "stab shit alot and parry when I'm bored" as parry seems dodgy at best against general mobs. Lots of mobs do moves that are unparryable (unless I suck) mixed with shit that is parryable. The only plus side to the playthrough is when I'm helping someone on Abyss watchers and I parry, then backstab when he looks away to the other guy, then parry when he attacks me, I feel like a god. We can ignore the times I miss the parry and look like a total chump.

I would rank from easy to hard playthroughs as...

1) Strength, started with halberd then glaive then gundyr's halberd
2) Pyromancer, though I ended up farming abunch to get decent stats
3) Sorcerer
4) Exiled greatsword dex (first playthrough)
5) Parry everything but really miss my window or try and parry 2h bullshit and die

Halberd playthrough was surprisingly easy. The extra range, the amount of damage, being able to ignore mobs using shields, just all made it sweet.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Grand Archives, Nameless King and last boss are all that's left for my sorc playthrough. It's now utter faceroll to progress through areas, but I think bosses are significantly harder as a sorceror still because they're so aggressive in this game. Got got the last scroll from the sage in Archives, but still haven't gotten a candlestick to drop and I evidently fucked Greirat's quest up, so I have some farming to do.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Didn't mean to humble brag or troll. Merely saying it took X amount of time and to me that is a lot shorter than ds2s base game was. These are my favorite games of all time man.

The beginning of the game I went really slow, probably on pace for a 60 hour run but then I breezed through the latter 50% of the game.

Vorph

Which beasts are you talking about splitting?
The ones that drop the Ring of Favor. They're down a ladder behind a secret door which is very easy to miss, it's in the building just past the field of giants between Pontiff and Anor Londo.

khalid

Unelected Mod
That fight is fucking horrid.

Can pull one to the ladder though while climbing it to the first arch on the wall, then drop from that height and stun him with a head hit. Climb the ladder again while its stunned and repeat. Before I figured out I could do that, I had died to them fuckloads of times.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Great weapons dome those things pretty instantly too. Just charge a swing with an ultra greatsword or greataxe, soak their first bite with hyper armor, then just smash them in the face for a stagger in to visceral and they die instantly.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Sunbroing it up near end of game and raging hardcore every time I'm summoned because the host always summonstwophantoms, which makes fights take fucking forever.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can pull one of those two dudes apart from the other in that room you know....you don't have to fight them at the same time. The second one doesn't approach until you past the edge of the wall. Its hard coded.

Vorph

Yeah I know, I just wanted to beat them without cheesing it. It probably wouldn't have taken quite so many tries if I'd realized they were susceptible to getting smacked on the nose to set up a visceral. Once I did that it was just stun, visceral, hit a couple times while it's down to proc a bleed, dead.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Fighting that first one in that little cubby is like being in a cage with a lion.

I went back to it later, heh.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm gonna fight them tonight, I actually forgot that they were there. I think I was low on Estus and thought "what do we say to death? not today." but instead of fighting I just ran.