Dark Souls 3

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When is the first DLC coming out for this game? It seems like it should have been out by now.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
So is the only way to avoid constant invasion in Anor Londo to play unkindled or offline? I don't mind the occasional one in the other zones but it's a bit retarded. I can be in there for about 5 steps before I'm invaded.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So is the only way to avoid constant invasion in Anor Londo to play unkindled or offline?
Yeah, its a pvp faction zone, so you will get invaded instantly and by multiple people at once. So if you don't want to deal with it, just go offline for the zone or jump off a cliff so you have the invasion cooldown.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yeah, its a pvp faction zone, so you will get invaded instantly and by multiple people at once. So if you don't want to deal with it, just go offline for the zone or jump off a cliff so you have the invasion cooldown.
That's unfortunate but I figured as much.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Dark souls 3 DLC:

Release Date: 24/25 Oct, 2016
Price: $14,99 / €14,99
Platforms: PC/PS4/Xbox ONE

Info:

15 New Weapons and Shields
4 New Armor Sets
4 New Spells
New PvP exclusive map, called Hollow Arena
2 New Bosses
New Location:
Painted World of Ariandel

Destructoid 7/10

Well, it's a patchwork job -- it's snowy, just like the Crown of the Ivory King DLC from Souls II, and it doesn't really go anywhere we haven't seen before. In fact, the entire thing is tenuously linked to the original, but mostly patched up with lore of its own.

[…]Veterans will likely take around five hours or less to conquer it all.

Hardcoregamer 3.5/5

The biggest disappointment with Ashes of Ariandel right off the bat is its length. It’s arguably the shortest DLC released for a Dark Souls game, taking us roughly 3 hours to complete, and then an extra hour to gather all the items and explore.

[…]For such a short piece of downloadable content, it’s surprising how many new and unique enemies have been crammed in.

[…]This wouldn’t be Dark Souls without the inclusion of strategic and increasingly difficult bosses, and Ashes of Ariandel more or less delivers.

[…]Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel is a short but sweet experience.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Dark souls 3 DLC:

Release Date: 24/25 Oct, 2016
Price: $14,99 / €14,99
Platforms: PC/PS4/Xbox ONE

Info:

15 New Weapons and Shields
4 New Armor Sets
4 New Spells
New PvP exclusive map, called Hollow Arena
2 New Bosses
New Location:
Painted World of Ariandel

Destructoid 7/10

Well, it's a patchwork job -- it's snowy, just like the Crown of the Ivory King DLC from Souls II, and it doesn't really go anywhere we haven't seen before. In fact, the entire thing is tenuously linked to the original, but mostly patched up with lore of its own.

[…]Veterans will likely take around five hours or less to conquer it all.

Hardcoregamer 3.5/5

The biggest disappointment with Ashes of Ariandel right off the bat is its length. It’s arguably the shortest DLC released for a Dark Souls game, taking us roughly 3 hours to complete, and then an extra hour to gather all the items and explore.

[…]For such a short piece of downloadable content, it’s surprising how many new and unique enemies have been crammed in.

[…]This wouldn’t be Dark Souls without the inclusion of strategic and increasingly difficult bosses, and Ashes of Ariandel more or less delivers.

[…]Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel is a short but sweet experience.

So they are already making the pivot off of Dark Souls. Dark Souls is officially done. Savor the last DLC

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Definitely not buying any DLCs until the ultra STRAIGHTswords are fixed (tons of phantom reach, insane damage). They think they fixed something but they didn't. Poise is still non existant in PvP :/.

That review doesn't take a look at the arena mode tho, that along with the leader board is something I doubt they got to hands on. At least the youtube vids of people who got to try it said it wasn't completely done yet.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
So not sure what game everyone is playing but the Poise change is huge.

I am absolutely owning in PVP right now rocking the Old Wolf Greatsword +5/Exile Str Infused combo, I jump in with the wolf flip then swap to immediate L2 R2 R2 of the exile and have killed literally 13 people in a row. Normally I get slaughtered by the CSS users and abusers.

I cannot wait for the DLC on Tuesday.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm not wearing Havel's and a poise ring or anything but this feels absolutely wrong. I am watching people in duels die to 5 straight sword swings or damn near die instantly to twin swords.

Maybe greatswords are the way to go. I was watching every hit even ones that barely clipped someone set up a stunlock for a second hit that killed someone or dropped them to 20 or below.

Been a while but the 2h sword with the charge looked like it was king.

I think 3v3 mode will be great as an alternative to 1v3 invasions. Holding off here until all 3 DLC and balance patches go through still and I'm a huge fan of the games.

They buffed daggers some but they are still inferior to the point I wonder why they are in the game. Probably just for chameleon ganking people opening chests? They need a lot more counter (prob crit too) as plenty of other weps can 1 shot crit and have infinitely better move sets.

And bring back the old fire snake spell. This new one is still turrible. I'm just free aiming great chaos or throwing at anyone who swings at a mob during invasions. The rest of the spells are all shit 2 me. Good vid, think I'm gonna stay invading as pyro with obscuring ring:

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is unlocked on Steam now. Season pass doesn't seem to be installing it yet though that I can tell?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I came home to it installed and played about 30 minutes before having to take the kids to soccer. Playing my level 180 fume great sword NG7+ guy and getting destroyed in the first area. Don't want to spoil anything but when I first realized what the hell I died to the first time I couldn't do anything but laugh, well done From you trolling bastards.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
$15 for a 1.5 hour dlc? NM I'll just watch a lets play on youtube instead. This is EA/Ubisoft level of greediness, come on fromsoft...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Planning on DS3 up. I hear good things about dex, estoc and pyromancy. Any build suggestions? I did a similar thing in DS2 and did winged lightning spear / sorcery in DS1.

I'll probably play offline.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I haven't played in a while, so they may have patched things, but estoc was pretty broken yea. Poise basically doesn't work in DS3 so trying to armor through small hits with a greatsword or whatever was a nightmare.

DLC seems decent so far. Not sure how long it is but I'm about ~2hours on it and haven't even seen a boss yet? New enemies range in difficulty from lol why is this even here to holy fuck proper republican rape land (i'm looking at you earthquake axe guy).