Dark Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll probably get it for PS4, but if they are all the same, I might pick it up for my Switch for the portability.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I posted the switch link because that is what I saw, but it’s coming to everything.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Since it’s ps4 only they should have thrown bloodborne into it as well

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll pick it up on Switch or PS4 for sure, but what I'm really hoping to hear about is a Demon's Souls remaster, because a technically sound (i.e., > 23 fps) version doesn't exist.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Does PC and XB1 crossplay in Dark Souls games? If so I'm sure Switch will be included in that pool.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I want Dark Souls remastered. I will not be paying 500 bucks for it though. I assume they will have a non statue set.

I really want Demon Souls too as I never did get to play it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bleh, this is great news and all (I'll probably pick up for switch if it looks like a good port) but was praying for a Bloodborne remaster. HDR/60fps would have gotten me erectus maximus

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
That would be up to Sony I think.

FROM isn't pushing this Dark Souls remaster either, it's Bamco, who own the rights. I'm not even sure how involved FROM is with remastering the game - Bandai is capable of remastering a game on their own. Pretty sure Miyazaki has said wouldn't be a part of remastering/remaking any old FROM games, he wants to do new stuff.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Day 1 for me but a little nervous that I'll scream out an obscenity in public if I'm pretty much any where in Anor Londo or the funhouse. If it's remastered in the same vein of scholar of the first sin I'm guessing the short cut option to the blight town bell will be gone so add another area where GD bombs fly freely.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bleh, this is great news and all (I'll probably pick up for switch if it looks like a good port) but was praying for a Bloodborne remaster. HDR/60fps would have gotten me erectus maximus

You can have 4k 60fps on a PS Pro or Xbox One X if you have one for this DS remaster. Switch will be 1080p30 docked. 720p30 portable. There is literally zero reason to buy this on a switch unless thats the only console you own and desire portable. I do know that use case exists, so if the latter is your thing get the Switch version.

Also, for people excited (as am I) I would be cautious on making sure they fix the 60 fps durability bug that has plagued this series. The higher the frame rate, the faster your weapons break. Without FROM in front of that, it's a good bet Bandai doesn't give two shits to quality check it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
They really should do a remastered version of Demons' Souls, its such a great game. It kickstarted a craving for me in Souls games, where I get disappointed every time I walk into a clean looking environment, but get pretty hyped crawling through some dark and dreary dungeon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users