Dark Souls

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Blighttown on the 360 is the worst Dark Souls experience you'll ever have. It's not as bad on PS3 and PC's have enough horsepower to handle it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got lucky on PS3 as I basically said "fuck this" to Blighttown and almost skipped it entirely. Someone said "follow the torches" so I did and was out of there in a couple minutes.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm experiencing a bug where I'm just unable (read: too shitty) to beat Ornstein and Smough. Swear to god, wtf. Need to watch some videos or something I guess. And I'm out of Humanity, so if I die again (instead of Boning out), I don't even get Solaire to help me, which means I die even quicker.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Kill ornstein asap and then hide behind pillars to get enough to give you an opening

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I can reliably kill Ornstein first (even with Solaire sometimes being an idiot trying his hardest to kill Smough first), but Smough just destroys me in phase 2. Can't get in to him fast enough to do any meaningful damage before he unleashes another attack that does 75% of my hp.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Ornstein and Smough are, by far, the hardest bosses in the game. I've only beaten them once solo and it involved a lot of strafing around the room and hitting them with Sorcery. I killed Ornstein first since Smough is much slower and his attacks are easier to avoid at range. You need to keep the pillars between you and the target the whole fight to block attacks as much as possible.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing through Dark Souls 1 for the first time. I'm doing two games at once. One with my brother where I am playing a basic Knight build STR /Stam. Because it's slow going with him I am also playing a sorcerer on the computer. Having a great time . I think it would really be blowing my mind if I had not just played Bloodborne. Just came to the Hydra in Darkroot Basin.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picked up one of these sweaters for Christmas. Best christmas sweater ever!

tumblr_ohmlmxExRz1tw7l9eo1_500.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Right now I'm using a winged spear and elite knight armor with the Dusk Crown and bellowing dragoncrest ring in my sorcerer build. Thinking about trying to make a magic weapon so I can get something that scales with INT until I can get to the Butterfly Horn.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So I just killed Quelaag and walked into Sens Fortress and got bum rushed by some snake men. I had some Ssra temple PTSD style flashbacks. It was great.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Couple random screen shots from the entrance area of Sen's Fortress, home of the Snake men.

XowgOrX.jpg

r05VbXG.jpg

Xc3gfeX.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Sens Fortress was an awesome area. One of my favorites of all time in a souls game.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Few more shots. Killed an asshole giant and an Iron Golem today.

lQ8WEoe.jpg

Yu3GElK.jpg

KMZYPsH.jpg

LCQq9n2.jpg

LQIeLCr.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I love this game! I tried to play it like 10 times and just couldn't get into it. After playing Bloodborne, I figured I'd give it a shot again. It's probably tied with Bloodborne for my favorite of the "Souls" games, having now cleared all of them(except the newest DS3 DLC).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I tried it several times before and couldn't get into it at first. Same thing with Bloodborne. Then I got sucked into Bloodborne and its one of my all time favorite games. I think Dark Souls is going to be close, I am crazy about this game at the moment.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ornstein and Smough are, by far, the hardest bosses in the game. I've only beaten them once solo and it involved a lot of strafing around the room and hitting them with Sorcery. I killed Ornstein first since Smough is much slower and his attacks are easier to avoid at range. You need to keep the pillars between you and the target the whole fight to block attacks as much as possible.

Four Kings says hello.

The trick to beating Smough is rolling into the attack at an angle to dodge his big AE sweep swing. He is also massively weak to fire (they both are, actually) so you might be able to take advantage of that, depending on your build. If you were lucky enough to get the BK Halberd at this point in the game, you can grind them both out fairly easily with little pokes (the first light attack has huge range) and constant strafing/rolling. The supped up form of either guy is strong against lightning, so don't go that route.